collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 11:15:55 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Demitri_C
[Today at 11:15:22 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by ChicagoLion
[Today at 11:15:08 PM]

Diego Carlos by Risso
[Today at 11:15:08 PM]

Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 11:13:26 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 11:10:50 PM]

Ollie Watkins by VillaTim
[Today at 11:09:30 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Demitri_C
[Today at 11:00:21 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: New signing impact predictions  (Read 1384 times)

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
New signing impact predictions
« on: July 31, 2019, 01:39:13 PM »
There is no way that even the greatest managers of all time get every signing right and with us having so many new faces I wondered who people felt would have the most impact on the first team this season and also who might be the few that don't live up to expectation.
Would be interesting to see others opinions

My choice of 5 biggest impact in reverse order:

5. Engels - I think he will be 1st choice to partner the Emperor and look assured and at 9ft tall will chip in a few goals as well

4. Douglas - We need a destroyer in defensive midfield and someone who can play out rather than hoof - although I have not seen him play yet all the signs are that he could well be the real deal - if Pep rates him then he knows a thing or two.

3.  Heaton - having a steady keeper with experience was critical and irrespective of him being relatively cheap, by some of the fees we were linked with, he really does tick all the boxes and could be the glue that binds a pretty strong defence together.

2. Guilbert - I have always liked attacking full backs right back from the Gidman days and I remember the contribution the likes of Gary Charles, Staunton had to our attacking game. After his contribution so far in pre season games I think this guy will be a storm.

1. Jota - I really think this guy is built for the premiership style. High energy, great close control and superb vision as well as the talent for popping up to score a few to boot. I think he was always on Smiths radar as he sees him as being as instrumental to our play as Jack.

Might disappoint

Trezeguet - might take a while for him to adjust to life in the Prem and I think he will be used as an impact player from the bench this first season

Konsa - looks to me more a prospect for the future as I think he has a mistake in him still and this inexperience will be punished.

Targett - I think his impact will be dependent on who plays in front of him and can support him when he goes forward so I think this may take a few mixes and matches before we see the best of him
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 01:45:38 PM by Hookeysmith »

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
Re: New signing impact predictions
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2019, 03:12:29 PM »
There is no way that even the greatest managers of all time get every signing right and with us having so many new faces I wondered who people felt would have the most impact on the first team this season and also who might be the few that don't live up to expectation.
Would be interesting to see others opinions

My choice of 5 biggest impact in reverse order:

5. Engels - I think he will be 1st choice to partner the Emperor and look assured and at 9ft tall will chip in a few goals as well

4. Douglas - We need a destroyer in defensive midfield and someone who can play out rather than hoof - although I have not seen him play yet all the signs are that he could well be the real deal - if Pep rates him then he knows a thing or two.

3.  Heaton - having a steady keeper with experience was critical and irrespective of him being relatively cheap, by some of the fees we were linked with, he really does tick all the boxes and could be the glue that binds a pretty strong defence together.

2. Guilbert - I have always liked attacking full backs right back from the Gidman days and I remember the contribution the likes of Gary Charles, Staunton had to our attacking game. After his contribution so far in pre season games I think this guy will be a storm.

1. Jota - I really think this guy is built for the premiership style. High energy, great close control and superb vision as well as the talent for popping up to score a few to boot. I think he was always on Smiths radar as he sees him as being as instrumental to our play as Jack.

Might disappoint

Trezeguet - might take a while for him to adjust to life in the Prem and I think he will be used as an impact player from the bench this first season

Konsa - looks to me more a prospect for the future as I think he has a mistake in him still and this inexperience will be punished.

Targett - I think his impact will be dependent on who plays in front of him and can support him when he goes forward so I think this may take a few mixes and matches before we see the best of him
And Wesley?

Jota is a case of wait and see, IMHO.
Trezeguet will be the pleasant surprise.

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 03:25:35 PM »
Are we counting Mings as a new signing?

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2019, 03:35:31 PM »
Think the signings of Mings and Heaton have guaranteed premiership football for 2020/2021. They are that important

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2019, 03:39:02 PM »
Not counting any of the former loanees as new signings, and not wishing to be negative about anyone, I reckon Jota is gonna surprise a few people. Wesley is gonna be great. Fifty goals this season, easy.

Offline jwarry

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2019, 06:40:34 PM »
Personally the little bit I’ve sign of Engles, I think he’s gonna be a rock

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2019, 06:49:25 PM »
Yeah think Engles will have a massive input after a couple of games. Wesleys will start the season with a goal. I think by October all the players will be comfortable playing as a team and I put that down to the homework done before recruitment by DS and his team.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal