collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by pablo_picasso
[Today at 08:07:11 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Edge
[Today at 07:51:24 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:47:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by OCD
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nev
[Today at 07:38:29 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Ian.
[Today at 07:37:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 07:36:44 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Marvelous Nakamba - gone  (Read 161304 times)

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: Marvelous Nakamba - confirmed
« Reply #405 on: December 27, 2019, 04:41:20 PM »
I thought he looked like a pissed up fan who had got on the pitch yesterday.

Absolutely rubbish.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #406 on: December 27, 2019, 04:48:36 PM »
I think DS plan is for him to be playing further up the field, pressing with energy and winning the ball back much further forward with Luiz dictating the tempo from deeper.

If that's right it's a major concern of Dean again trying to fit square pegs into round holes.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #407 on: December 27, 2019, 04:56:36 PM »
I think DS plan is for him to be playing further up the field, pressing with energy and winning the ball back much further forward with Luiz dictating the tempo from deeper.

If that's right it's a major concern of Dean again trying to fit square pegs into round holes.

I don’t agree, Luiz is a superior player technically and can pick passes, Nakamba watches the ball too much. If they were both playing at a level they are, or could be, capable of, I think Nakamba playing an energetic disruptor further up the field would be the best use of our resources and would lessen the risk of him missing runners when we are in our own third. .

As it is, I’m pretty convinced it’s too soon to have both them, and others, in the team and stay up

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #408 on: December 27, 2019, 05:42:20 PM »

I don’t agree, Luiz is a superior player technically and can pick passes, Nakamba watches the ball too much. If they were both playing at a level they are, or could be, capable of, I think Nakamba playing an energetic disruptor further up the field would be the best use of our resources and would lessen the risk of him missing runners when we are in our own third. .

As it is, I’m pretty convinced it’s too soon to have both them, and others, in the team and stay up

I'd prefer players in their best positions; Nakamba breaking up play and playing a simple ball to Luiz to "pick passes" rather than see him further up the pitch and 'trying' to pick passes. Add to that, Luiz is hardly the defensive midfielder to break up play. It's a bit difficult for him to "pick passes" without the ball. Whether we can play both right now is not really a decision we can make, what with SJM out for the next few months.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #409 on: December 27, 2019, 06:01:37 PM »
After a few days of over indulgence I’m not sure if we are disagreeing or not here. I agree with DS, have Nakamba winning the ball up the field, pass it wide and get it in the box.

If he’s winning it in our third, his lack of technical ability means he’s more likely to lose it during the opposition press.

Offline jwarry

« Reply #410 on: December 27, 2019, 06:02:55 PM »
Mustn’t forget Luiz and Marv are young, inexperienced but have potential.  Sure we might have got better but we rushing around filling major holes in the summer as the alternatives were Whelan and Jedi - I know who I’d rather have

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #411 on: December 27, 2019, 06:03:55 PM »
His technique looked great the first couple of games.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #412 on: December 27, 2019, 07:20:33 PM »
Villa could've got Maupay at £2m less than Wesley, yet they deemed Maupay as too expensive!

Just to clarify we deemed Maupay too expensive having bought Wesley. Brentford stuck to a reportedly higher price than what they eventually sold him for at the start of the window. Which is absolutely their right. We went out and bought Wesley. We were still in for him at the end but having lashed out the better part of £140m the manager who knew the player as well as anyone deemed Maupay was a bit too pricey given the investments made in the summer.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #413 on: December 27, 2019, 08:21:56 PM »
Mustn’t forget Luiz and Marv are young, inexperienced but have potential.  Sure we might have got better but we rushing around filling major holes in the summer as the alternatives were Whelan and Jedi - I know who I’d rather have

Douglas Luiz is class act and yes is young 21 not 22 to may.
Average Nakamba is soon to be 26 years old January...
Nakamba doesn't look a remote goal threat or has little other than attempting tackles.
Now his energy has gone he's really looking  average
Hope he improves

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #414 on: December 27, 2019, 08:45:40 PM »

Nakamba doesn't look a remote goal threat or has little other than attempting tackles.
Hope he improves

Holding midfielders aren't meant to provide a goal threat

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #415 on: December 27, 2019, 10:41:55 PM »

Hope he improves

Holding midfielders aren't meant to provide a goal threat
A goal threat to the opposition
Exactly .

And what I mean is actually a creative goal threat in building play. looks too limited for my football tastes. Another signing imposed upon Smith. Isn't a Deano type footballer.

richtheholtender

« Reply #416 on: December 28, 2019, 04:50:54 PM »
Why Luiz over Nkamba? Oh yeah, to maintain his work permit for Man City

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #417 on: December 28, 2019, 05:34:46 PM »
Luiz is clearly talented, Nakamba I’m not sure now.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #418 on: January 09, 2020, 08:57:55 AM »
Nakamba is struggling, there's no doubt. He needs a bit of good coaching to. Build his confidence and get him up to speed. Drinkwater coming in will help.

He also needs a song so he can see he's got our support.

La Bamba....

Oh Marvelous Nakamba,
Oh Marvelous Nakamba,
He comes from Zimbabwe, from Zimbabwe, from. Zimbabwe,
And he now plays for the Villa,
Yes he plays for the Villa,

Or something...

Offline supertom

« Reply #419 on: January 09, 2020, 09:47:55 AM »
I think he and Douglas are struggling. It's the pace of the league, the non-stop frenetic action in the middle. He came in and was really up for it. You make an error and you shake it off but obviously we've come through a shit tonne of games now and tiredness is also factoring in and poor results don't help confidence and he's look overwhelmed as much as anything. It's like dealing with a toddler. The morning you think you're keeping up, there's some errors but you're not far off. By the evening they're still at you and you're rocking yourself in a dark corner mumbling 'the horror, the horror.' . I think Nakamba will be a good player but for our position right now, you need a been there done that kind of a player and Nakamba needs a spell on the bench.

This rings true even more so with Douglas, the difference is though, I just don't know, and mayb even the player himself, what type of midfielder he's supposed to be. Where should he play? Nakamba has a placing and in the end I see him coming good (I don't want us to watch on as he thrives elsewhere ala Idrissa and Veretout). If Douglas is gonna sit deep and be a DMF he needs to get stronger and work on his positional play and defensive attributes.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal