collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Are we going to do ‘a Fulham?’  (Read 23377 times)

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
Re: Are we going to do ‘a Fulham?’
« Reply #135 on: February 29, 2020, 07:27:39 AM »
Well not really.  We didn’t have to buy a load of untried Unknowns from abroad.
We sort of did need to. If you're buying 10-15 new players and have £120m or so to do it, those players simply aren't going to be all £20m ones ... and even £20m doesn't appear to buy you much more than either a bang average player or an unknown with potential.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #136 on: February 29, 2020, 07:43:58 AM »
I think we're 1 point behind what Fulham managed all season at the moment. Fulham managed a further 9 points after this point (3 wins). I think 9 points would see us about safe. West Ham haven't won since 1st Jan in the league - surely they can't turn that round too much.
Newcastle appear to be in freefall as well.

With issues around coronavirus, it's important we stay out of the bottom 3 for the next 2-3 weeks because in an extreme circumstance the Premier League may just bring the season to sharp stop ... what a way to get relegated for those in the dropzone at that point.
If they wanted to spend the summer being sued.
I think it’s more likely that the league will be suspended until such time as its deemed safe to start again.
Let’s face it the whole football calendar including the Euros are Vulnerable.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #137 on: February 29, 2020, 10:35:27 PM »
We might end up doing a 'Wigan'...

Scrap that. A Small Heath Alliance. Thank you, Paul.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #138 on: March 09, 2020, 10:01:35 PM »
Whatever the comparisons regarding Fulham and last summer's business their January signings were also pretty poor bar perhaps Ryan Babel.

Just to confirm one of our signings can't even make the bench now although Baston was simply a last minute pick up to say we'd signed a striker. Drinkwater been awful, Reina started fine but is now costing us a goal a game and the other is a 16 year old kid.

Fulham only had 17 points at this stage of last season though which shows how bad they really were in a poorer premier league.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal