collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Mahmoud Hassan (Trezeguet) - SOLD  (Read 148283 times)

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
Re: Mahmoud Hassan (Trezeguet) - Signed
« Reply #915 on: April 11, 2021, 06:45:18 PM »
The Posterior Cruciate Ligament is the bad one that can be a long-time out. If everything goes well with an ACL, a player can be back in 6 months. Clearly this wasn't the case with Wesley who had complications. Heaton has been back quite a while now.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #916 on: April 11, 2021, 10:53:35 PM »
I think that sounds likely from his own social media posts where he came across as knowing it's a serious one.

Yet again we've had one of our players put out long term with a poor tackle but the ref hasn't given it as a foul, I'm getting sick of it, there was absolutely no way A-A could win legally win the ball from where he was so I can't understand how the ref and VAR both thought he'd done nothing wrong. This is why, for me, we need to be able to hear the conversation they have for things like this, once they know they have to justify the decision live they might start actually giving a shit how it looks when they play favourites.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #917 on: April 11, 2021, 11:06:36 PM »
ACL?
I'd be surprised, given that he walked off.

I can remember Okore walking off and thinking he'd be out for a week or two...and that was it for the season.

A shame for Trez. Worst of both worlds really as I think if he'd gone down we'd have got a penalty there but he tried to stay up and the move just fizzled out.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #918 on: April 11, 2021, 11:10:08 PM »
I think that sounds likely from his own social media posts where he came across as knowing it's a serious one.

Yet again we've had one of our players put out long term with a poor tackle but the ref hasn't given it as a foul, I'm getting sick of it, there was absolutely no way A-A could win legally win the ball from where he was so I can't understand how the ref and VAR both thought he'd done nothing wrong. This is why, for me, we need to be able to hear the conversation they have for things like this, once they know they have to justify the decision live they might start actually giving a shit how it looks when they play favourites.

I just think the problem is he tried to stay up and get the cross in.

We saw it with the Foden one the other week. Players that get tugged or fouled but try to get the shot away and stay up are more punished as those are rarely called for fouls.

It was certainly more of a pen to me than the Kane one the other week but Kane knew exactly how to draw the ref's attention he got slight contact so I'm afraid in the modern game that's how you get penalties most of the time rather than trying to do the right thing.

Offline paul_e

« Reply #919 on: April 11, 2021, 11:34:10 PM »

I just think the problem is he tried to stay up and get the cross in.

We saw it with the Foden one the other week. Players that get tugged or fouled but try to get the shot away and stay up are more punished as those are rarely called for fouls.

It was certainly more of a pen to me than the Kane one the other week but Kane knew exactly how to draw the ref's attention he got slight contact so I'm afraid in the modern game that's how you get penalties most of the time rather than trying to do the right thing.

Oh I agree completely, just pissed off that him and Wesley have both been victims of shit tackles and shit officials as part of their injuries. The Mee one was far worse of course, that twat should've been given a massive ban for what was clearly an out of control and overly aggressive challenge where he intended to 'leave one' on Wesley.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #920 on: April 12, 2021, 08:57:28 AM »
ACL?
I'd be surprised, given that he walked off.

No mate, when I did mine it fucking killed them you sit down and think what happened there and get up and walk, and then if you twist slightly you think fuck what is that. So it’s very possible to walk afterwards

Yep, it really depends on exactly what damage you've done. When I did my knee I tore my ACL, broke my tibia and fibula and badly damaged the meniscus but because I also dislocated the joint I had no idea how bad it was. The physio helped put the joint back in and I got changed and got home fine but with a ridiculous amount of swelling. My plan was to alternate heat and ice packs and then go to A&E the next day but as the swelling started to go down it got too painful and I had to go that evening. They ended up keeping me in for 2 days and then I had 3 ops in 6 months to get everything working properly.
All too much info but whilst it hurt I did manage to walk around on that lot to get in and out of cars, etc.
Okay - thanks for this.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #921 on: April 12, 2021, 09:03:44 AM »
hopefully that forces our hand into investing in some quality wide players over the summer.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #922 on: April 12, 2021, 09:25:27 AM »
I was screaming at the TV for a pen but none of our players seemed to be appealing.
I like Trez,  I know he lacks a bit of quality but he works his socks off.Bit of an Egyptian Paul Birch.

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #923 on: April 12, 2021, 09:27:28 AM »
Gutted for him Going to be a long recovery.

This 100% increases transfers in this summer in the wide areas. Min 2 in now

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #924 on: April 12, 2021, 09:52:44 AM »
Shame for Trez, I'm a critic always have been but have never doubted his willingness or commitment just his composure and abilities.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #925 on: April 12, 2021, 06:35:15 PM »
Confirmed officially he's going for surgery.

It's a shame.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #926 on: April 12, 2021, 08:16:33 PM »
Gutted, thought he was starting to look like the player we had earlier in the season. He’s a really likeable player too. Poor lad.

Offline paul_e

« Reply #927 on: April 12, 2021, 08:44:43 PM »
Gutted, thought he was starting to look like the player we had earlier in the season. He’s a really likeable player too. Poor lad.

He's had awful luck this season, injured late nov/early dec, as he's coming back he picks up another knock, comes back again and catches covid as part of the outbreak then works his way back to where he was before this, gutted for him.

Offline tony scott

• GM : 31.05.2020
« Reply #928 on: April 12, 2021, 11:31:22 PM »
This lad runs and runs for us his commitment is total, really bad injury.  I hope to see him back asap

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #929 on: April 13, 2021, 12:24:54 AM »
Get well soon Trez.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal