collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Pete3206
[Today at 02:23:08 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by AV84
[Today at 02:23:07 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 02:22:41 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Pete3206
[Today at 02:22:08 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 02:20:53 PM]

Re: Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Somniloquism
[Today at 02:20:47 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 02:20:04 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 02:19:27 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Mahmoud Hassan (Trezeguet) - SOLD  (Read 150178 times)

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
Re: Mahmoud Hassan (Trezeguet) - Signed
« Reply #495 on: July 22, 2020, 10:10:05 AM »
Absolutely top draw finish, he was awful last game out but was back to his buzzing around making a nuisance of himself again.
He looks for that chance to come in from the right and he has shown he has decent technique.

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #496 on: July 22, 2020, 10:15:04 AM »
I wish it was him Jack had threaded that through ball to....

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #497 on: July 22, 2020, 12:00:05 PM »
He's goals have been like gold for us thank god he's scoring or we would be down.

Offline supertom

« Reply #498 on: July 28, 2020, 02:20:41 PM »
I like Trez. I hope he stays and we seem him develop next season. What I'd like to see him do is really do some gym work like Grealish did a few years back. Grealish improved his strength, stamina and running power. Jack actually got quicker too I feel, particularly in full flight. So I think the physical side is something Trezeguet could work on to get upto Prem level. His attitude is good, he finds good positions and can put a chance away. He's not someone you want first eleven, week in week out. We need better. But he's a good squad option and you could still see him hitting 5-10 goals a season. A big part I feel is confidence. We have to remember for some of these players, coming into a relegation battle has been particularly tough. All being well, if we can start well and improve our results, several players will just have more of a spring in their step, including Trezeguet.

Trezeguet to stay.
I think AEG has had his time though. I'd be looking to sell.

Offline CT Villan

« Reply #499 on: July 28, 2020, 02:36:53 PM »
Trez works exceptionally hard to protect his fullback but does not possess the ability to go past opposition defenders, be it by skill or raw speed. I can understand why Dean would like him with his work rate, but we need more, something akin to what we saw with Ashley Young would be perfect. Keep him as a squad player for now.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #500 on: July 28, 2020, 02:56:29 PM »
Trez works exceptionally hard to protect his fullback but does not possess the ability to go past opposition defenders, be it by skill or raw speed. I can understand why Dean would like him with his work rate, but we need more, something akin to what we saw with Ashley Young would be perfect. Keep him as a squad player for now.

Trez is a good option to play against teams like Liverpool where they push the fullbacks really high and he's good if you're chasing a goal late in a game because he is a good finisher and finds some decent spaces in the box.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #501 on: July 28, 2020, 08:08:01 PM »
apparently recorded as the third fastest player in the PL after Adama Traore and Greenwood

Offline robleflaneur

« Reply #502 on: July 28, 2020, 08:25:01 PM »
3 players have improved since lockdown,Konsa,Luiz and Trez. And if Luiz' running style reminds me of Mortimer,then this guy reminds me a bit of Graydon who was not technically a great winger but he was the best finisher at the club in his time and Trez looks the most at ease when presented with a scoring opportunity.
Getting him into that situation more often is the crux and improvements in the midfield and central striker would help us to be more dominant.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #503 on: July 28, 2020, 09:01:18 PM »
3 players have improved since lockdown,Konsa,Luiz and Trez. And if Luiz' running style reminds me of Mortimer,then this guy reminds me a bit of Graydon who was not technically a great winger but he was the best finisher at the club in his time and Trez looks the most at ease when presented with a scoring opportunity.
Getting him into that situation more often is the crux and improvements in the midfield and central striker would help us to be more dominant.
A take your point about his improvement and work-rate, but some of his shots really are powder-puff! And I've seen him try a couple of highly-improbable bicycle kicks (obviously, he didn't meet Ellis).

Offline robleflaneur

« Reply #504 on: July 28, 2020, 09:16:35 PM »
A take your point about his improvement and work-rate, but some of his shots really are powder-puff! And I've seen him try a couple of highly-improbable bicycle kicks (obviously, he didn't meet Ellis).
I think his forte is finishing in the box rather than power from outside the box.More I think about who is our best finisher,I would plump for Hourihane who is good at keeping calm and can hit them from more of a distance.Even more of a 'luxury' than Trez as his lack of athleticism,described by someone on here as a hologram,is a severe weakness at this level.Anyway ,I feel quite optimistic about Trez ,unlike AEG who, despite being acclimatised to English football,seems out of his depth at this level.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #505 on: July 28, 2020, 09:23:37 PM »
Trez is a good finisher when he doesn't have time to consider missing. Like Vassell used to be.

Offline thick_mike

• GM : 26.02.2025
« Reply #506 on: July 29, 2020, 10:49:48 AM »
apparently recorded as the third fastest player in the PL after Adama Traore and Greenwood

That sounds crazy...wasn’t Hutton supposed to be one of the fastest in the Premier too? I think there’s something wrong with their clocks.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #507 on: July 29, 2020, 10:58:13 AM »

That sounds crazy...wasn’t Hutton supposed to be one of the fastest in the Premier too? I think there’s something wrong with their clocks.

It records the quickest that they ran at some point in any match during the season. He was fourth after the two above and Kyle Walker who was first.

Shane Long and Phil Foden are also in the top ten, which probably shoes it doesn't really say how fast you are in any way that matters.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #508 on: July 29, 2020, 11:02:54 AM »

Hutton always seemed faster going forward!

Stats wise Trez did well, 7 goals in 39 appearances for his first season in England is good going, some very important goals in the mix there too. What I like about him is that he gets in good positions in the box, that's a very handy habit to have that some of our forwards like Davis would love to have. Also he seems an unflappable sort, no matter how bad a performance he put in, and there were several Bowery bad ones (even Newcastle and Everton recently), it never seemed to effect his confidence too much.

However, stats aside, I really don't think Trez has any sort of long term future in the premier league. He lacks just about everything else and his lack of assists from out wide is telling. I firmly expect he is another Weimann or Allback that will be quickly found out for a lack of ability next season.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #509 on: July 29, 2020, 12:41:34 PM »

It records the quickest that they ran at some point in any match during the season. He was fourth after the two above and Kyle Walker who was first.

Shane Long and Phil Foden are also in the top ten, which probably shoes it doesn't really say how fast you are in any way that matters.

No mention of Engels?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal