collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Mahmoud Hassan (Trezeguet) - SOLD  (Read 148384 times)

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
Re: Mahmoud Hassan (Trezeguet) - Signed
« Reply #240 on: November 11, 2019, 12:08:46 PM »
He has natural ability and far more potential than Wes or Al Ghazi.
His decisions are sometimes not the best And I wish he was our only attacking weak link but we are playing with 3 of them.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #241 on: November 11, 2019, 12:45:22 PM »
Shite.

I have to agree. Headless chicken.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #242 on: November 11, 2019, 12:55:56 PM »
He has natural ability and far more potential than Wes or Al Ghazi.
His decisions are sometimes not the best And I wish he was our only attacking weak link but we are playing with 3 of them.

I agree, poor front three, few options to replace them and the weight on the midfielders to score is too great

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #243 on: November 11, 2019, 02:20:58 PM »
He's guilty of poor decision making but I won't be classing a player as shite who is the only person in the side who has scored a goal in those games.  He's young, in a new country with a new team and for me is improving.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #244 on: November 11, 2019, 02:25:05 PM »
He does seem to be getting better and has scored two in two. I think we will see more from him but he's clearly not "shite".

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #245 on: November 11, 2019, 02:30:26 PM »
He does seem to be getting better and has scored two in two. I think we will see more from him but he's clearly not "shite".

You can't excuse his overall contribution just because he's scored. The same with El Ghazi. Neither right now deserve to be in the starting XI.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #246 on: November 11, 2019, 02:39:07 PM »
So if he scores every game between now and the end of the season, he still doesn't deserve to be picked?

He has scored both our goals in the last two games. As far as I recall he wasn't at fault for any of the four goals we conceded (I've tried to erase them so happy to be corrected). Not sure he is the major issue.

And, in any case, drop him for who? We don't have anyone else.

Lots of people were saying he needed a goal to get going. Now he has scored two in two it would be madness to drop him.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #247 on: November 11, 2019, 02:41:06 PM »
Certainly not our worst performer and overall 1000 times  better than his mate on the other wing.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #248 on: November 11, 2019, 02:48:33 PM »
In truth, we've been largely playing with the 2 wide players as part of a front 3 now for getting on for 3 years and apart from Snodgrass (once he got going for us) and a 6 month purple patch for Adomah during his 3 years (he was nothing special the rest of the time) i can't think of another player that has actually looked any good there on an even slightly consistent level. El Ghazi, Trez, Green, Bolasie, Jota, Kodjia (although he was out of position there) have been mediocre at best, if you're going to play with 2 out and out wingers you need to get some bloody good ones in otherwise it isn't worth bothering.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

« Reply #249 on: November 11, 2019, 02:58:36 PM »
So if he scores every game between now and the end of the season, he still doesn't deserve to be picked?

He has scored both our goals in the last two games. As far as I recall he wasn't at fault for any of the four goals we conceded (I've tried to erase them so happy to be corrected). Not sure he is the major issue.

And, in any case, drop him for who? We don't have anyone else.

Lots of people were saying he needed a goal to get going. Now he has scored two in two it would be madness to drop him.

Not that you'll need reminding but we lost the last two games despite his goals. His contribution to our attack over 90 minutes is extremely limited. If he scores in every game between now and the end of the season yet we lose every game, his goal being his only contribution, I'd be looking for somebody that can add more to the team and help us win those games.

He's not alone, El Ghazi will be remembered for his assist yesterday for Wesley but overall he didn't do enough to make our attack function. Of course we have no real alternatives, as you point out but as we're in a fight for survival, we can't carry both. A winger in January should top of the shopping list.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #250 on: November 11, 2019, 03:06:56 PM »

You can't excuse his overall contribution just because he's scored. The same with El Ghazi. Neither right now deserve to be in the starting XI.

He was arguably MOM V Liverpool (one of the top, if not the top team in the world on current form) and scored.  He didn't have a brilliant game yesterday, poor first half much better in the 2nd and scored but should be dropped?  A lot of players could be dropped for our next game, he's definitely not one of them.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #251 on: November 11, 2019, 03:09:35 PM »
He may come good still but i've got less patience with him and El Ghazi than Wesley because i think the team is set up right for them to succeed whereas i still think Wesley looks very isolated and needs a partner or at least some support. Put it this way, if the wingers were playing better i'm sure you'd see more from Wesley but i'm not sure what we can change to make the wingers play better, we should just be able to give them the ball and off they go.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

« Reply #252 on: November 11, 2019, 03:17:01 PM »

He was arguably MOM V Liverpool (one of the top, if not the top team in the world on current form) and scored.  He didn't have a brilliant game yesterday, poor first half much better in the 2nd and scored but should be dropped?  A lot of players could be dropped for our next game, he's definitely not one of them.

That's true, Bren. I forgot his contribution in the Liverpool game. The goal was just a bonus his performance deserved.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #253 on: November 11, 2019, 04:18:28 PM »
Also worth remembering it's a lot easier to mark Trezeguet (and El Ghazi and McGinn) when Grealish isn't playing. He terrifies defenders and creates space for the rest of them. See how much better McGinn looks alongside him, for instance.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

« Reply #254 on: November 11, 2019, 04:52:38 PM »
True but wouldn't it be nice if the opposition had another Villa attacking player to worry about other than Grealish? To his credit, at least Trez tries to make something happen. I'll give him that. SJM I fear is physically knackered. You just have to compare over the last couple of months his first and second half performances. It's like watching two different players.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal