collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VillaTim
[Today at 03:14:39 AM]

Champions League Contention by Rory
[Today at 03:07:22 AM]

Diego Carlos by VillaTim
[Today at 03:06:47 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by darren woolley
[Today at 02:45:39 AM]

Press-ing on a bit by darren woolley
[Today at 02:41:31 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by KevinGage
[Today at 01:57:17 AM]

Robin Olsen by colin69
[Today at 01:29:26 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:22:07 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Mahmoud Hassan (Trezeguet) - SOLD  (Read 150121 times)

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
Re: Mahmoud Hassan (Trezeguet) - Signed subject to work visa and clearance
« Reply #210 on: September 02, 2019, 07:39:04 AM »
Think it's worth bearing in mind that he's new to the Premier League, and pretty much new to European football since his Turkish club didn't compete in the UEFA Cup whilst he was there and I'd assume the Turkish league is culturally closer to the Egyptian league than the English League, or even Spanish/Italian/German leagues.

I suspect he'll be one that we won't see at his best for a while, maybe not until next season.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #211 on: September 02, 2019, 08:17:59 AM »
I presume we won’t be or can’t appeal 2 yellow cards, so how many games will he be banned for?

Can’t say I’ve been too impressed with him so far, but hopefully these next few weeks off will help all our new players to settle and improve as a team.

Just one game for two yellows.

He’s looked lively without really doing much in terms of scoring of assists. Big problem the front three.

Offline GordonCowansisthegreatest

« Reply #212 on: September 02, 2019, 10:21:34 AM »
Is it not time that this thread title was updated? I think he's got his paperwork all sorted out now ;)

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #213 on: September 02, 2019, 10:31:10 AM »
I haven’t seen anything from him so far to suggest that he is actually much cop.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #214 on: September 02, 2019, 11:28:53 AM »
I like him, you can see he's struggling to settle to pace and physicality of the league, which happens to a lot of players, but he's eager for the ball and is making the runs to space you'd want. We just need to be patient with him.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
Re: Mahmoud Hassan (Trezeguet) - Signed
« Reply #215 on: September 02, 2019, 11:29:21 AM »
Done nothing so far, fairly anonymous. Jury still out but considering it’s stuffing up a potential formation he needs to start impressing quickly. His suspension might do us some good.

Offline KRS

« Reply #216 on: September 02, 2019, 11:52:26 AM »
I think we were all surprised that Sheff Utd took a punt on Callum. Fairplay to him for starting well in the Premier League but not many on here would have said it would have been a good signing or the player we needed in the summer...Wilder must have a crystal ball!

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #217 on: September 02, 2019, 12:08:54 PM »
It's a 38 game season too. I wont be writing anybody off yet.

Offline Risso

« Reply #218 on: September 02, 2019, 12:27:32 PM »
I don't think anybody is writing him off, but with Big Wes also needing time to settle and get up to speed, and Jota/El Ghazi not really looking like Premier League quality yet, the front three are a bit of a cause for concern.  They've scored two goals between them in 4 games, and even allowing for the settling in requirements, that's a pretty poor return.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #219 on: September 02, 2019, 01:46:01 PM »
but at least Lansburys back :)

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #220 on: September 02, 2019, 02:31:51 PM »
So do we assume AEG comes in as the replacement?  Ive not been too impressed with him this season either  :-\

I think he should take the opportunity to have another holding MF in there for Wet Spam

I saw their highlights on Saturday and they looked pretty handy through the middle of the park

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #221 on: September 02, 2019, 07:50:04 PM »
I'd  pick El Ghazi over him  in a flash, just for an El Ghazi moment and when he's on it by far the best of our wide men in my opinion

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #222 on: September 02, 2019, 09:34:52 PM »
Think it's worth bearing in mind that he's new to the Premier League, and pretty much new to European football since his Turkish club didn't compete in the UEFA Cup whilst he was there and I'd assume the Turkish league is culturally closer to the Egyptian league than the English League, or even Spanish/Italian/German leagues.

I suspect he'll be one that we won't see at his best for a while, maybe not until next season.

It's a huge jump in standard from one season in the Turkish league to the EPL. It's going to take a good while for him to settle in, horribly one sided though.

Jota, I was far from convinced on before he kicked a ball for us and assist v Everton aside he has done little to suggest otherwise yet. Don't think he has a hope of making it wide on the right for us, possibly an option further infield but not out wide trying to cover Guilbert without the ball. Simply has not got the speed or mobility for that role.

AEG should have started at weekend after his goal v Everton, and is the best bet of the three to make an impact, but I think we urgently need to move away from wingers.

Offline Risso

« Reply #223 on: October 21, 2019, 05:49:33 PM »
I don't think he's that quick, and their left back didn't seem at all phased by him when he came on.  When Hourihane went off for El Ghazi, Jack had to drop deeper again, where he is less effective.  It was only when El Ghazi also went off that Jack then played further forward again.  He may come good, but he hasn't done very much at all yet.

Offline frank black

« Reply #224 on: October 21, 2019, 05:51:28 PM »
Needs to improve his final ball, but the ingredients seem to be there.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal