collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[Today at 11:57:13 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:54:44 AM]

[Today at 11:51:46 AM]

[Today at 11:49:30 AM]

Re: Season Tickets - 2023/24 by dalians umbrella
[Today at 11:49:23 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by KevinGage
[Today at 11:48:39 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by TheMalandro
[Today at 11:47:02 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Somniloquism
[Today at 11:45:55 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Happy Father’s Day  (Read 2583 times)

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Happy Father’s Day
« on: June 16, 2019, 02:33:08 PM »
Hey Happy Father’s Day to all the fantastic Villa dads out there. Whether you are celebrating with your children, with your dads or grandfathers have a super day!!

Offline stubbsyandy

Re: Happy Father’s Day
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2019, 05:14:49 PM »
Cheers, isn’t great being a villa dad!!!

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 05:23:03 PM »
I bet Gabby got more cards than he played games in the last couple of years.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2019, 06:21:21 PM »
I bet Gabby got more cards than he played games in the last couple of years.

He got a card every Christmas and birthday from his local Gregg's.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2019, 06:54:29 PM »
My wife and grown up daughter have made a fuss of me and I have had cards from my two grandchildren but my thirteen year old daughter is too cool for any of that soppy stuff (my eldest daughter wrote the card and stuck her sister's name on it) and I have heard bugger all from my eighteen year old son so far today. My old man is easily pleased, he is quite happy with a nice bottle of red wine. We also got him some nice Parma ham which in recent years he appears to have become addicted to.

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2019, 07:17:18 PM »
Out for lunch with family,  3 generations . Eldest bought me bits for the garden and dvd box set of Phoenix nights. Youngest got me 3 “now” albums on Vinyl that were missing in my collection and a AVFC printed shirt with large crest on front and words of “premier league , we’re back” on it.
Bought my 86 year old dad some fav sweet goodies , new trainers and slippers as he’s recently had Ill health with feet. Most of all Ive promised him I’ll do my best to get tickets to home and to Bournemouth as he played several games for their reserves in his youth and some of his nephews and nieces are ST holders there so hoping to make a family occasion with it. Through much Ill health in family last year it’s the first for 47 years we never got to villa park, so no booking history either but I’m desperate to sort somehow !?!?

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2019, 07:55:40 PM »
Bit of an emotional day

Two nice cards from daughter and son who are both early 20’s. Both with nice printed words and personal accolades as well. I felt a bit emotional to be honest reading them and normally I think cards are a waste of time. The presents were nice but the cards meant everything

My wife burst into tears earlier remembering her dad who died two years ago. Contrasting emotions

Then a family visit to my 89 year old Dad. Looking frail but happy and mentally alert. Need to spend more time with him. Time passes so quickly

Enjoy your days, all those dads out there

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2019, 08:10:58 PM »
I'm entering the second week of the mother and father of all colds/chest infection.  I feel like shit, like I have for the past week. The day has been brightened no end, as it always is, by 'phone calls from our two kids.  I'm in regular contact with the both of them and both of them have families themselves but have taken time out to remember their old man.  Does yer good.   

Offline CT Villan

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2019, 08:16:10 PM »
Same to you TV and all the other Dad's !

I have been lucky enough to spend most of the day with my 8 year old daughter. First she watched my soccer match this morning (duly won 6-0) then we watched USWNT dispatch Chile. We both can't wait to watch Villa again soon.

Offline mike

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2019, 08:39:50 PM »
Two hand drawn cards with Grealish and McGinn, club crest and all written in claret and blue plus two Villa mugs.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2019, 08:55:27 PM »
16 bottles of Belgian Beer from Beerwulf, five cards, Dad mug and Dad socks. Had to wear the socks and have a mug of tea. Might just have a bottle per night instead of all in one go, though.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2019, 10:14:22 PM »
6 cards.  A bought one from each of the kids, and an additional two the youngest had made at school and nursery.  A barbecue set, a rounders set, and erm, three alpacas.

Offline mike

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2019, 10:24:54 PM »
I was chuffed to bits with my Grealish and McGinn cards but now I just want sixteen Belgian beers and three alpacas. (not fussed about the rounders set).

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2019, 10:30:35 PM »
4 kids but only 3 alpacas, which one is the alpaca hater?

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2025
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2019, 10:38:34 PM »
My Dad (& Mum) visited Luton from Hampshire, bringing my Sis for her first visit:  my oldest nephew announced he’s not interested in S’ton any more (has a ST for them *and* Reading his Dad supports).
He got given a Wembley flag, it’s still up in his bedroom, saw mine, has said he’s going to follow the Villa in the top flight :)
Ain’t it good to be back?
(Clearly forgotten the death by football Sunderland draw I took him to before we went down).
My sis also gave me a claret & blue bag of nuts & fruit, in lieu of nearly being a Dad.

I wonder if Alma will one day get me a lama? Oh it’s 2 Ls right?
H&V is a curious place.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal