collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sleeve Partner  (Read 3217 times)

Offline Chinchilla Bathhouse

• GM : 25.01.2020
Re: Sleeve Partner
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2019, 09:58:11 PM »
It's good to have his support.

Offline mike

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2019, 04:41:01 PM »
This utter bollocks is why I gave football a swerve for a couple of years and only got back into it to make sure my boy didn't turn into a glory hunter. Sky, betting companies, wankers covered in tattoos acting like tits, play acting, getting each other sent off. Money, money, money going from the fans who can barely afford it to players and corporations who don't need it. Impose a maximum wage of £150,000 a year because which of those fuckers could make that much anywhere else. Imagine what ticket prices would be like then and we could fuck off the big companies and have sport on free TV again. My old dad worked with an ex England centre forward. He drove a truck for Birmingham Council. When my dad asked him if he was sorry he missed out on the money, his answer was that he'd walked out in front of 100,000 people wearing the England number nine shirt and that was all that mattered.

Offline Hinckley Dave

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2019, 05:40:24 PM »
This utter bollocks is why I gave football a swerve for a couple of years and only got back into it to make sure my boy didn't turn into a glory hunter. Sky, betting companies, wankers covered in tattoos acting like tits, play acting, getting each other sent off. Money, money, money going from the fans who can barely afford it to players and corporations who don't need it. Impose a maximum wage of £150,000 a year because which of those fuckers could make that much anywhere else. Imagine what ticket prices would be like then and we could fuck off the big companies and have sport on free TV again. My old dad worked with an ex England centre forward. He drove a truck for Birmingham Council. When my dad asked him if he was sorry he missed out on the money, his answer was that he'd walked out in front of 100,000 people wearing the England number nine shirt and that was all that mattered.

I expect virtually everyone, especially people over the age of about 40, would agree with those sentiments. Unfortunately it would take a mass strike, so to speak, by all fans, from all clubs for anything to change and unfortunately that's never going to happen.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2019, 05:42:46 PM »
Once the team started playing well last season did anyone care about the sponsor on our kit? I’ve never understood why this is such a big deal to some. They paid us the most of what was available and it will help us buy better players and improve other aspects of the club. The better we get the better the sponsors will be theoretically. As long whoever it is helps the club progress isn’t that what matters the most?

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2019, 06:26:36 PM »
Once the team started playing well last season did anyone care about the sponsor on our kit? I’ve never understood why this is such a big deal to some. They paid us the most of what was available and it will help us buy better players and improve other aspects of the club. The better we get the better the sponsors will be theoretically. As long whoever it is helps the club progress isn’t that what matters the most?
For me at least, I know people can "gamble responsibly" and it's  probably enjoyable, but you see how much some people's lives etc messed up by gambling and whatnot, and I think - do I seriously want to be a walking advertisement for that? You'd hope someone would see past the money ...

With the premier league, for me its a different kettle of fish and I'm not as bothered about it. But it's a weird situation if there's enough money for some players to get paid more for a week than I do in several years, but there's no money or ability to wrestle say Bolton or Coventry out of the awful situation they're in.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal