collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Dreams and Superstitions by Deano's Mullet
[Today at 11:18:42 PM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 11:09:02 PM]

NSWE Investment by PaulWinch again
[Today at 10:57:51 PM]

Joe Gauci - Signed by Dogtanian
[Today at 10:55:55 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Bad English
[Today at 10:33:57 PM]

Claret membership by Bad English
[Today at 10:33:08 PM]

Fan Voted Player of the Year by trinityoap
[Today at 10:32:41 PM]

Champions League Contention by Bad English
[Today at 10:22:46 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Realistic Expectations  (Read 113953 times)

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
Re: Realistic Expectations
« Reply #225 on: July 13, 2019, 11:19:38 PM »
Ah, I'm 41. I was hoping that the ball had sailed over your head! It actually can't have been All Saints (I'd have remembered green and white), I think they were playing in red and black.

What. A. Goal.

Offline Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #226 on: July 13, 2019, 11:24:01 PM »
Ah, I'm 41. I was hoping that the ball had sailed over your head! It actually can't have been All Saints (I'd have remembered green and white), I think they were playing in red and black.

What. A. Goal.

Ha ha. It sounds it. Red and Black?  Not sure.  It might have been Admaston?

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #227 on: July 13, 2019, 11:31:30 PM »

What. A. Goal.

Ha ha. It sounds it. Red and Black?  Not sure.  It might have been Admaston?

I scored a couple against them too ;-) but I don't think so (actually, I know so, because they fucked everyone they faced. Their striker got 50 goals one season. Stuart someone). Maybe Leegomery or Randlay We won 4-2.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #228 on: July 13, 2019, 11:43:08 PM »
It was All Saints. They must have changed colours, or wearing an away kit, even though they didn't need to, to try to sell shirts in Shifnal.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2019, 11:44:51 PM by Sexual Ealing »

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #229 on: July 13, 2019, 11:48:43 PM »
"Daddy, who was that number eight in the claret and blue with all the skills and goals?"

"That boy, son, will go on to create some of the most effective ad campaigns since 'we hope it's chips, it's chips'"

"Can I touch the hem of his His garment?"

"No. We haven't even got an outdoor town centre."

"That makes sense. I bet that people with no knowledge, experience or care for the Telford Junior League are enjoying this interruption to their chat."

"I imagine that they are, son. One last thing before I go. I'm as barren as the Gobi desert, so you almost certainly don't exist. Also, are you going to pay for that butterless toast? I'm not interested in the bacon."
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 12:41:47 AM by Sexual Ealing »

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #230 on: July 14, 2019, 08:33:33 AM »
17th and win the FA cup.

We can dream cant we?

If we're dreaming you can lose the 7 and replace the 'th' with 'st'.

Well now, monner. I was just on the verge of writing something along the lines of recalling Deano's affirmation that he would be setting out to win every match in which we participate when I saw your own post.

My mind is often filled with pipe dreams and impossibilities (I will never get off with a young Diana Rigg, for example, even if I have spent longer today thinking about that than I should), but seeing Super Jack lifting the Premier League Champions Trophy next May doesn't currently seem completely beyond the realms of possibility.

Anyway, those Dingles, eh? completely delusional.

I don't know how you're bist this weekend, Rodders, but I have a fancy that the young Dianna Rigg wouldn't mind at all if you called at her Wrockwadine Wood abode.

Wolves are an absolute disgrace, and have been since Andy Mutch fucked off.

In Shropshire junior football Clangers were from Wrockwardine Wood. I wonder if Diana had any Clangers?

I played for Ercall Colts (in claret and blue). I did finger Dianna Rigg but I didn't encounter Clangers.

Edited for reasons of quite disgusting smutty humour.

Is Ercall an actual place? My nan lived in Ercall Close just off The Ridgeway by Witton Cemetary but I'd never heard another reference to it until your post.

Offline Rodders

• GM : 30.08.2024
« Reply #231 on: July 14, 2019, 08:35:43 AM »
"Last night I dreamt I went to Malinslee again..."

I'm abandoning the quoteathon but that was awesome. Thank you gentlemen.

I may just have seen Tayls play for Orleton and would probably have known a few of his teammates.

Ah well. What thread is this again? Oh yes - we're going to win the league, you know.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 08:51:09 AM by Rodders »

Offline Tayls_7

« Reply #232 on: July 14, 2019, 09:46:31 AM »
"Last night I dreamt I went to Malinslee again..."

I'm abandoning the quoteathon but that was awesome. Thank you gentlemen.

I may just have seen Tayls play for Orleton and would probably have known a few of his teammates.

Ah well. What thread is this again? Oh yes - we're going to win the league, you know.

Mr.Lucas was my manager at Orleton Colts. His son, David Lucas, was Centre Half. His brother was Down's Syndrome and used to allow me to share his comics on the way to fixtures.

Offline Rodders

« Reply #233 on: July 14, 2019, 11:24:09 AM »
I turned out for Woofferton FC Juniors a few times but the fact that I was absolutely gash as a player meant that my opportunities were somewhat limited and I defected to the eggball lot in the end.

Was Mr Lucas a teacher? Dim and distant memories...

Offline Tayls_7

« Reply #234 on: July 14, 2019, 11:30:38 AM »
I turned out for Woofferton FC Juniors a few times but the fact that I was absolutely gash as a player meant that my opportunities were somewhat limited and I defected to the eggball lot in the end.

Was Mr Lucas a teacher? Dim and distant memories...

I don't think he was. He didn’t have a tweed jacket with elbow patches or an Admiral tracksuit.  He was Mike Lucas and his sons, David and Stephen.  Lovely family.  Carted me everywhere.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #235 on: July 14, 2019, 11:40:51 AM »
17th and win the FA cup.

We can dream cant we?

If we're dreaming you can lose the 7 and replace the 'th' with 'st'.

Well now, monner. I was just on the verge of writing something along the lines of recalling Deano's affirmation that he would be setting out to win every match in which we participate when I saw your own post.

My mind is often filled with pipe dreams and impossibilities (I will never get off with a young Diana Rigg, for example, even if I have spent longer today thinking about that than I should), but seeing Super Jack lifting the Premier League Champions Trophy next May doesn't currently seem completely beyond the realms of possibility.

Anyway, those Dingles, eh? completely delusional.

I don't know how you're bist this weekend, Rodders, but I have a fancy that the young Dianna Rigg wouldn't mind at all if you called at her Wrockwadine Wood abode.

Wolves are an absolute disgrace, and have been since Andy Mutch fucked off.

In Shropshire junior football Clangers were from Wrockwardine Wood. I wonder if Diana had any Clangers?

I played for Ercall Colts (in claret and blue). I did finger Dianna Rigg but I didn't encounter Clangers.

Edited for reasons of quite disgusting smutty humour.

Is Ercall an actual place? My nan lived in Ercall Close just off The Ridgeway by Witton Cemetary but I'd never heard another reference to it until your post.

Yes. It's the woods at the ground level of the Wrekin. There's (or at least there was) an Ercall Wood secondary school.

Offline Rodders

« Reply #236 on: July 14, 2019, 11:46:14 AM »
My mistake then, Tayls. I remember a teacher at (Ludlow) school with two sons just as you have described, so wondered if they could be one and the same.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #237 on: July 14, 2019, 02:08:05 PM »
I’m ashamed to admit this, but it is a bit scary looking at the PL and realising how tough the opposition is compared with the championship. I guess 3 seasons is enough to get tuned into thinking every game is winnable. A couple of wins will settle the nerves, but I’ll be happy with a season of survival and go from there to be honest.

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #238 on: July 14, 2019, 06:53:30 PM »
There is also some dross. Brighton, Newcastle, Palace also the other 2 promoted teams, they have not bought anyone really so would expect us to finish above them

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #239 on: July 14, 2019, 08:36:43 PM »
Finish above Wolves now that Luiz is signing for us. Player for player their midfield can't match Jack, SJM & Douglas. I wouldn't swap Boly for Tyrone.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal