collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Promoted Aston Villa post match thread  (Read 79792 times)

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
Re: Promoted Aston Villa post match thread
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2019, 05:16:37 PM »
Fucking elated.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2019, 05:17:03 PM »
Watched/ listened in 30 second burst in a caravan in Brittany with 1 bar of 3G. Not too stressful then 😩

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2019, 05:17:44 PM »
Did you all spot Dr Tony as we went up for the trophy?

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2019, 05:17:56 PM »
Wonderful

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2019, 05:18:18 PM »
Jack gets injured by the trophy

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2019, 05:18:41 PM »
All a bit quiet on the tube to Uxbridge.

I’m keeping my mouth shut and trying not to grin too much

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2019, 05:19:48 PM »

Offline BC Villain

« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2019, 05:20:00 PM »

Offline supertom

« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2019, 05:20:23 PM »
I'm so bloody glad to be out of this division. It feels like for the first time since O Neill fucked off (and even then, after losing twice at Wembley and being unable to make that step beyond 6th again, that we'd peaked) that we're looking up. Obviously going up a division helps that, but I feel the club is going somewhere. I think we've got enough of a spine in place to place solidly in the Prem.

After 9 years of consistent decline and disappointment, and dire management (across the club...top to bottom) it FINALLY feels like we're building a proper footballing ethos. We have owners in place with a bit of clout and they'll now have the freedom from FFP to do some good summer business (whilst keep our best, and hopefully signing up some of these loan stars).

If you run a club properly and get the right management and plan ahead, it'll pay off. This was make or break. I think had we lost today we'd have recovered and Deano would always keep us a decent side at that level (but we'd forever be losing our best players). But winning today is huge. We can go up with Grealish and McGinn. Build around that quality. Next season. Stay up. Whatever it takes. Then grow. Onwards and upwards. I said it before at the end of Randy's reign, but we needed to go down. We were rotting. We made poor choices, and thus the system reboot has taken longer thsn we'd have liked, things work out for a reason, and I really feel like Deano can take us forward and make us a solid premier league side again. If we have to settle for mid-table for a few years, so be it, but I'd hope we'll be playing well in doing that. Below Liverpool and City, there's potential for clubs to close in on the rest. So in the next few years, lets be part of that. It's not just the money clubs like City can spend, it's the work they put in and the clear philosophies they have (yeah the money helps...but spending willy nilly doesn't work anymore...Utd will tell you).

So lets build. Rejuvinate. We've been helped through with a lot of experience who have made some of our younger players really come of age. Now Grealish is skipper, he can help our youngster coming in and younger signings we make. Lets learn from things that work, things that we failed on under and beyond O Neill. Do it right, and just be enjoyable to watch.

Offline shaw thing

« Reply #56 on: May 27, 2019, 05:21:17 PM »
Beautiful, just beautiful.Thanks lads.Well done Dean.UTV

Offline Marton

• GM : 17.10.2016
« Reply #57 on: May 27, 2019, 05:21:48 PM »
Had it ended any other way... and the terror that it might during those last 17 minutes.

Now this smile is going to carve some serious permanent  dimples in my face and I wouldn't have it any other way.
 ;D

This is a team worth all the love !!

Next season we are back where we belong!!!

Offline Damo70

« Reply #58 on: May 27, 2019, 05:22:02 PM »
Tony Xia there as well. Dunno if I actually care about him anymore.

Fucking over the moon!
 ;D ;D ;D

I am glad you posted about Dr T being there. I thought I might have just imagined it during all the excitement.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2019, 05:22:22 PM »
I'm so bloody glad to be out of this division. It feels like for the first time since O Neill fucked off (and even then, after losing twice at Wembley and being unable to make that step beyond 6th again, that we'd peaked) that we're looking up. Obviously going up a division helps that, but I feel the club is going somewhere. I think we've got enough of a spine in place to place solidly in the Prem.

After 9 years of consistent decline and disappointment, and dire management (across the club...top to bottom) it FINALLY feels like we're building a proper footballing ethos. We have owners in place with a bit of clout and they'll now have the freedom from FFP to do some good summer business (whilst keep our best, and hopefully signing up some of these loan stars).

If you run a club properly and get the right management and plan ahead, it'll pay off. This was make or break. I think had we lost today we'd have recovered and Deano would always keep us a decent side at that level (but we'd forever be losing our best players). But winning today is huge. We can go up with Grealish and McGinn. Build around that quality. Next season. Stay up. Whatever it takes. Then grow. Onwards and upwards. I said it before at the end of Randy's reign, but we needed to go down. We were rotting. We made poor choices, and thus the system reboot has taken longer thsn we'd have liked, things work out for a reason, and I really feel like Deano can take us forward and make us a solid premier league side again. If we have to settle for mid-table for a few years, so be it, but I'd hope we'll be playing well in doing that. Below Liverpool and City, there's potential for clubs to close in on the rest. So in the next few years, lets be part of that. It's not just the money clubs like City can spend, it's the work they put in and the clear philosophies they have (yeah the money helps...but spending willy nilly doesn't work anymore...Utd will tell you).

So lets build. Rejuvinate. We've been helped through with a lot of experience who have made some of our younger players really come of age. Now Grealish is skipper, he can help our youngster coming in and younger signings we make. Lets learn from things that work, things that we failed on under and beyond O Neill. Do it right, and just be enjoyable to watch.

The Supertanker is back afloat and ready to sail, Supertom

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal