collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Official Website by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 02:50:07 PM]

VAR by Nev
[Today at 02:49:24 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 02:45:11 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Drummond
[Today at 02:43:00 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Drummond
[Today at 02:34:47 PM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 02:32:30 PM]

Champions League Contention by Drummond
[Today at 02:32:08 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Drummond
[Today at 02:25:19 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Final on my own  (Read 5415 times)

Offline Archieavfc

Final on my own
« on: May 16, 2019, 03:06:35 PM »
I will be flying over for the final on my own. Do we know yet which will be the Villa pubs around the stadium? Where is everyone planning to be before the game? Cant wait for this and so happy its Derby instead of Leeds (for our chances and the atmosphere).

Any advice appreciated. Thanks

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
Re: Final on my own
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 03:08:45 PM »
We've been allocated the West Side of the stadium, so it'll be the pubs that side of the ground.

For me it'll be the Green Man!

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 03:16:15 PM »
Don't go to the Green Man, it'll be absolute bedlam. It is a place where the kids will go (no offence).

Where are you staying in London? A load of us used the Swiss Cottage pub just outside Swiss Cottage tube station last time. The tube goes directly to Wembley stadium as well. The pub is not heaving either.

Offline Archieavfc

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 03:25:12 PM »
Don't go to the Green Man, it'll be absolute bedlam. It is a place where the kids will go (no offence).

Where are you staying in London? A load of us used the Swiss Cottage pub just outside Swiss Cottage tube station last time. The tube goes directly to Wembley stadium as well. The pub is not heaving either.

Its a day trip as I will be in Dublin the weekend before for a wedding so will be heading to Wembley from Heathrow.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2019, 04:33:35 PM »
Harrow on the Hill is also just a coupe of stops in a straight line to wembley & is a great place to drink pre match!

Offline montague

• GM : 13.12.2015
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2019, 04:55:53 PM »

Is that the Ye Olde Swiss Cottage?

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2019, 05:00:28 PM »
I know it's horses for courses and whatnot but I can't think of anywhere less appealing to go than the Green Man when you're in a city awash with high quality places to drink.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2019, 05:07:17 PM »
I will be flying over for the final on my own. Do we know yet which will be the Villa pubs around the stadium? Where is everyone planning to be before the game? Cant wait for this and so happy its Derby instead of Leeds (for our chances and the atmosphere).

Any advice appreciated. Thanks
Kilburn is always full of Villa when we go wembley.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2019, 05:38:15 PM »

Is that the Ye Olde Swiss Cottage?

Yep.  Decent enough pub, right by the tube station and therefore really quick and easy to get to Wembley afterwards.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2019, 05:39:08 PM »
I know it's horses for courses and whatnot but I can't think of anywhere less appealing to go than the Green Man when you're in a city awash with high quality places to drink.

Have you got a ticket this year?

Offline colin69

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2019, 08:39:41 PM »
The Green Man was brilliant last year...I’ll be there again this time. Not sure if the weather will be as good though.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2019, 08:44:20 PM »

Arrrr! Went back to having a season ticket last year (it was FA Cup year that I was struggling).

I've an American colleague who joined the company two years ago, loves football, came over as an Arsenal fan. Introduced him to Villa, killed that Arsenal bullshit stone dead, had a season ticket the last two seasons now. Actually said to me the other day "I didn't choose Villa, Villa chose me". Fair brought a tear to my eye.

He thinks it is entirely normal to go to Wembley once a season.

He's also lucked upon a spell of plenty of really entertaining matches. I had to explain how fucking horrific the last 6 years had been and that in each of those years, I had enjoyed about 3 matches a season, tops.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 08:46:26 PM by pauliewalnuts »

Offline stubbsyandy

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2019, 09:37:53 PM »

Arrrr! Went back to having a season ticket last year (it was FA Cup year that I was struggling).

I've an American colleague who joined the company two years ago, loves football, came over as an Arsenal fan. Introduced him to Villa, killed that Arsenal bullshit stone dead, had a season ticket the last two seasons now. Actually said to me the other day "I didn't choose Villa, Villa chose me". Fair brought a tear to my eye.

He's also lucked upon a spell of plenty of really entertaining matches. I had to explain how fucking horrific the last 6 years had been and that in each of those years, I had enjoyed about 3 matches a season, tops.
Tops!!! 😉

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2019, 07:59:56 AM »
Kilburn High Street is normally a good place with lots of pubs and a short trip to Wembley.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2019, 12:33:57 PM »

A season?!

I'm struggling to think of 3 matches in total that I enjoyed during the TSM, Lambert, Sherwood, Garde, RDM, Bruce era - Sunderland 6-1 at home.  Liverpool FA Cup semi-final.  And...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal