collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 12:48:20 PM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Woody17
[Today at 12:34:13 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by VillaTim
[Today at 12:20:12 PM]

Aston Villa in the FA Cup (cont) by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:58:30 AM]

FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: WBA v Aston Villa Post Match Thread (FUCK THE ALBION)  (Read 53452 times)

Offline rob_bridge

Re: WBA v Aston Villa Post Match Thread (FUCK THE ALBION)
« Reply #330 on: May 15, 2019, 01:14:56 PM »
Never underestimate the Bitters ability to weave dollops of sanctimony, injustice and faux valiance into any post Villa game discussion.  They're just a more aloof Blose.

'It ay fair' should be their club motto.

They have something more to complain about for the next 20 years. It's great - we are both happy.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #331 on: May 15, 2019, 01:23:28 PM »
I do not go with any of this unlucky losers giving it all etc.  Over 2 legs, they had 2 players deservedly sent off (and both of them could have been sent off before they were), a player that bodychecked our players 3 times before he was booked and I could go on.  They are a cynical and dirty side.  They finished above us in the table and playing for a place in the final but played like a lower division underdog.  They played for penalties and failed when they got there.  They were losers in the match and in their mentality.  Far from applauding their players and management, their fans should be having an inquest into how they have descended to this level.

Yet for two legs we struggled to outplay a very limited and indisciplined side. For about 15-20 mins after half time yesterday, we were bullied and to be honest looked like we had bottled it. They played to their strengths and didn't allow us to play to ours. Leeds particularly will bring a similar physical approach so we need to fight fire with fire in the final.

Enough about them, we were fortunate to go through based on our performances in the two games. We need to improve a lot frankly in the final.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #332 on: May 15, 2019, 01:24:26 PM »
considering we've been Crap for so long and gone through our worst time in a generation it will be my lads 4th visit to Wembley to see the Villa and he's only 11 !

took me about 40 years to clock that up
Yes indeed lucky boy. A friend, Wolves fan, texted me this  morning with "Congratulations enjoy your day out". Cheeky bugger had to remind him that we have a quite a few days out there in the recent years unlike his club. This would be our 6th trip since Manure League cup final.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #333 on: May 15, 2019, 01:27:44 PM »
why didnt Baggie Bird take a penalty

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #334 on: May 15, 2019, 01:28:05 PM »
It is quite odd. After 2 trips in the 90s and 2 in the 00s this will be six in the 10s. And we’ve been spectacularly gash at times in the 10s.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #335 on: May 15, 2019, 01:36:11 PM »

Drumstick cruciate ligament problem.

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #336 on: May 15, 2019, 01:49:08 PM »

Well he was party to the on pitch team talk after 90 minutes which was the funniest moment of last night, I know the bloke who has to wear that costume every week, when I see him I shall ask why he didn't nod sagely and make it even funnier.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #337 on: May 15, 2019, 01:51:39 PM »

Well he was party to the on pitch team talk after 90 minutes which was the funniest moment of last night, I know the bloke who has to wear that costume every week, when I see him I shall ask why he didn't nod sagely and make it even funnier.

We’ve established that the bloke you know isn’t Gareth Barry, at least.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #338 on: May 15, 2019, 02:00:35 PM »
Yet for two legs we struggled to outplay a very limited and indisciplined side. 
Errr...they finished above us and were favourites to go up automatically for a long period this season. So I think we did very well.

Offline Villa75

« Reply #339 on: May 15, 2019, 02:00:45 PM »
I do not go with any of this unlucky losers giving it all etc.  Over 2 legs, they had 2 players deservedly sent off (and both of them could have been sent off before they were), a player that bodychecked our players 3 times before he was booked and I could go on.  They are a cynical and dirty side.  They finished above us in the table and playing for a place in the final but played like a lower division underdog.  They played for penalties and failed when they got there.  They were losers in the match and in their mentality.  Far from applauding their players and management, their fans should be having an inquest into how they have descended to this level.

Yet for two legs we struggled to outplay a very limited and indisciplined side. For about 15-20 mins after half time yesterday, we were bullied and to be honest looked like we had bottled it. They played to their strengths and didn't allow us to play to ours. Leeds particularly will bring a similar physical approach so we need to fight fire with fire in the final.

Enough about them, we were fortunate to go through based on our performances in the two games. We need to improve a lot frankly in the final.

So, as there were only two teams playing, and we were "fortunate" to go through, you must think WBA were 'unfortunate' not to go through?

You are talking bollocks.

WBA played, negative, spoiling, nasty football.  They were gifted a goal at our place and would have been quite happy to defend that for the remainder of the two legs. They're shit, but even shit teams can get a result occasionally, with 10 men behind the ball.

Anyone watching the two matches could see one decent team, trying to play football, who deserved to go through, and one dirty, negative, bunch of spoilers who deserve what they got - another season guaranteed in the 2nd tier.

Villa "fortunate" my arse!

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #340 on: May 15, 2019, 02:00:47 PM »
Oh almost forgot who was the absolute arsewipe on the PA? Fuck me that was annoying.

Offline simon ward 50

« Reply #341 on: May 15, 2019, 02:05:35 PM »
Oh almost forgot who was the absolute arsewipe on the PA? Fuck me that was annoying.

Very non-league!

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #342 on: May 15, 2019, 02:23:55 PM »
For the ones on here mentioning Shan is decent:-
Albion caretaker boss Jimmy Shan told BBC Sport:
"We've been on the end of some unjust decisions over the course of the two ties but you just have to accept it.
"The momentum was with us. But for the lads to go down to 10 men again and perform they did was a credit to them.

Ok, maybe a pen in the first leg but what other unjust decisions happened to them, especially in the second leg?

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #343 on: May 15, 2019, 02:29:08 PM »
Pretty much everything has been said with the exception of how shockingly poor the ref was last night. Yes, it was a local derby and such an important game but he had no control and allowed Albion to get away with so much. Somebody should have a word and inform him the rules have changed since the 1970s.

Offline Davkaus

« Reply #344 on: May 15, 2019, 02:35:12 PM »
For the ones on here mentioning Shan is decent:-
Albion caretaker boss Jimmy Shan told BBC Sport:
"We've been on the end of some unjust decisions over the course of the two ties but you just have to accept it.
"The momentum was with us. But for the lads to go down to 10 men again and perform they did was a credit to them.

Ok, maybe a pen in the first leg but what other unjust decisions happened to them, especially in the second leg?

If it was the other way around, I'd have been fuming about not getting a penalty for the El-Ghazi handball.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal