collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: WBA v Aston Villa Post Match Thread (FUCK THE ALBION)  (Read 53826 times)

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
Re: WBA v Aston Villa Post Match Thread (FUCK THE ALBION)
« Reply #315 on: May 15, 2019, 10:27:57 AM »
What a feeling, what a night.

I watched at the Beehive in South London and it was absolutely packed with Villa fans. Great scenes when we won, took me right back to the world cup!
Sounds great. My cousin who lives in Kenya is the only person for miles around with sky tv so theres a group of villa fans that watched it at his place (he's been busy converting them from man u etc) Sent me a picture of wild celebrations in his living room entitled "new villa outpost starting up in Kenya"

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #316 on: May 15, 2019, 10:29:38 AM »

I watched at the Beehive in South London and it was absolutely packed with Villa fans. Great scenes when we won, took me right back to the world cup!
Sounds great. My cousin who lives in Kenya is the only person for miles around with sky tv so theres a group of villa fans that watched it at his place (he's been busy converting them from man u etc) Sent me a picture of wild celebrations in his living room entitled "new villa outpost starting up in Kenya"

That is excellent  :)

Online The Edge

« Reply #317 on: May 15, 2019, 10:40:36 AM »

That is excellent  :)
I suggested they call themselves Kenya Lions.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #318 on: May 15, 2019, 11:26:39 AM »
considering we've been Crap for so long and gone through our worst time in a generation it will be my lads 4th visit to Wembley to see the Villa and he's only 11 !

took me about 40 years to clock that up

Offline simon ward 50

« Reply #319 on: May 15, 2019, 11:30:14 AM »
Unbearable to watch on TV.

Hate it when Villa put you through the mill!

Offline fbriai

• GM : 31.01.2022
« Reply #320 on: May 15, 2019, 11:35:29 AM »
Just a couple of things.

Taylor was solid defensively, which is his primary role. That he couldn't effect any change up front makes him no different to our attacking players. He looks lost up there yes, but that doesn't mean he's shit. He'll be fine in the Final.

We found it really hard to play through 9 and sometimes 10 players. It's a bit if a worry but we prevailed in the end.

They had no ambition at all other than trying to stifle and foul us.

We had more of everything bar one goal last night and rightly prevailed.

How would we feel if we'd played like they did and lost? Think back 12 months for your answer.

We're different, we try and we're still developing. They played well at their stifling style but that's all they had barring towel throw-ins

I agree with all of that.

Their only attacking ideas were to go long behind the full backs and to aim for dead-balls or long throws around the box. Other than that, they lined up to defend, defend, defend and hope to snatch a goal. We had 74% possession, completed 747 passes to their 274 and had 24 shots to their 10.

They played to their strengths, which are to defend, which made it difficult to break them down - McGinn had two men on him every time he tried to turn. How many times did they foul him? That foul that was never given against Hegazi right on the edge of the box!

Yes we made a few mistakes, a few misplaced passes, and Green was quiet. But other than that, we made the play for vast majority of the game.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #321 on: May 15, 2019, 11:43:28 AM »

It's true, and that doesn't include last night. Ice in his veins.

Edit - image fail. Jedi's penalty record is 17-0

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #322 on: May 15, 2019, 12:27:14 PM »
Unbearable to watch on TV.

Hate it when Villa put you through the mill!

You must hate about 90% of our games!

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #323 on: May 15, 2019, 12:29:51 PM »
I do not go with any of this unlucky losers giving it all etc.  Over 2 legs, they had 2 players deservedly sent off (and both of them could have been sent off before they were), a player that bodychecked our players 3 times before he was booked and I could go on.  They are a cynical and dirty side.  They finished above us in the table and playing for a place in the final but played like a lower division underdog.  They played for penalties and failed when they got there.  They were losers in the match and in their mentality.  Far from applauding their players and management, their fans should be having an inquest into how they have descended to this level.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #324 on: May 15, 2019, 12:36:11 PM »
Hear hear.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #325 on: May 15, 2019, 12:42:17 PM »
Spot on OMV.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #326 on: May 15, 2019, 12:47:21 PM »
I do not go with any of this unlucky losers giving it all etc.  Over 2 legs, they had 2 players deservedly sent off (and both of them could have been sent off before they were), a player that bodychecked our players 3 times before he was booked and I could go on.  They are a cynical and dirty side.  They finished above us in the table and playing for a place in the final but played like a lower division underdog.  They played for penalties and failed when they got there.  They were losers in the match and in their mentality.  Far from applauding their players and management, their fans should be having an inquest into how they have descended to this level.

100% agree old man.

The goodies won and the baddies were sent packing.

Offline fbriai

• GM : 31.01.2022
« Reply #327 on: May 15, 2019, 12:47:57 PM »
On another note, I thought Hourihane was superb last night. Everything went through him in the middle of the park.

Offline Havencheese

« Reply #328 on: May 15, 2019, 12:57:09 PM »
Had an early start today and thought I could get through the 10 hour shift in the antipodes without any spoilers. I was wrong, sitting through that was pleasant if not a tad frustrating. Couldn't break those boring deadshits down.

So, my thoughts at the start of the delayed stream; finish your Liquidator, your flag waving, your booing and fuck off. My thoughts when Jedinak strode up, this is in. I'm not really sure whether there's a spot in the team for him but a part of me wishes there was after Whelan's disaster in the first leg. He's been through all this before successfully.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #329 on: May 15, 2019, 01:13:00 PM »
Something I'm sure we  can all agree on - how stupid the away goals rule always was and what an excellent decision it was to get rid of it

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal