collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Ollie Watkins by nigel
[Today at 05:10:45 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 05:10:22 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Flamingo Lane
[Today at 05:08:34 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 05:07:30 PM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Proposition Joe
[Today at 05:06:06 PM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by SteveN
[Today at 05:05:51 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dave
[Today at 05:05:50 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 05:04:35 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: WBA v Aston Villa Post Match Thread (FUCK THE ALBION)  (Read 53948 times)

Online Godfrey Brian

• GM : 03.02.2025
Re: WBA v Aston Villa Post Match Thread (FUCK THE ALBION)
« Reply #255 on: May 15, 2019, 06:54:15 AM »
Happy,happy,happy. The great thing though is that our management team will have learned a  lot from that performance and move it on again. Well done everyone.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #256 on: May 15, 2019, 06:57:29 AM »
Fucked the Albion!

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #257 on: May 15, 2019, 07:02:44 AM »
We did it how I thought we would, the bloody hard way. It wasn't for the lack of trying once Brunt went off though. I thought we were poor overall, some of our passing was very sloppy and we could have easily gifted them a couple of goals. They had us rattled early in that second half. I couldn't watch the penalties because i'm an absolute wuss. When I walked back in the main bar of the club i was in after the pens, most of the Albion fans who had been in there had gone. Oh how we laughed.

Online Villafirst

« Reply #258 on: May 15, 2019, 07:04:26 AM »
In the final I'd play El Ghazi on the right and Kodjia wide left. Also bring in Hause for Taylor. Kodjia will certainly offer more than Green.

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #259 on: May 15, 2019, 07:11:27 AM »
In the final I'd play El Ghazi on the right and Kodjia wide left. Also bring in Hause for Taylor. Kodjia will certainly offer more than Green.
I’d offer more than Green and I’m a 54 year old fat twat.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #260 on: May 15, 2019, 07:20:11 AM »
well the biggest game facing us since...last May. Dean needs to shake the formation up - Green can't play and I'd also drop Taylor for Hause. Maybe two up top too.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #261 on: May 15, 2019, 07:22:20 AM »
It was disappointing to concede in the manner that we did, long throws should be treated as corners and if we had someone on the posts the ball wouldn't have crept in.

We didn't look at the races again, but I felt that we'd just about weathered that awful 15 minutes or so in the second half, when we appeared to be willing to give Sandwell a goal, when Brunt got sent off and I think the tide turned then and our belief started to return. If Sandwell had shown just a modicum of ambition over the two games, instead of trying to "Pullis" the tie they may well have prevailed, such was our poor play at times.

But I'll leave the last word to my Albion supporting Brother In Law with whom I watched the match (and a rarity of a fair minded fan):

"Why did we play for penalties when we're so shit at penalties?"

Arf!

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #262 on: May 15, 2019, 07:25:20 AM »
The game kicked off at 3 in the morning here on the west coast of oz.
I had been up from about one as I couldn't sleep worrying about the game.
I couldn't face watching the penalties so when it started I left the room.
I knew Albion were going first though so when I heard a roar I came back in to see they had missed the first one and told myself to toughen up and see it out.
It was just an utter relief when it was over.
I made it in to work and now feeling pretty shattered.
Albion were the masters of their own downfall with their time wasting in the first leg and defensive tactics and shocking fouls on Jack and SJM in both legs.
That's why they had a man sent off in each leg.
To think that they scored more goals than us this season and played like that they got what they deserved.
Only one team really wanted to win by playing football and that was us.
I'm really not worried about who we get at Wembley as long as we turn up this time.
UTV     PS....FTA

I did exactly the same my eldest who lives next door came round and wanted to know why I wasn't watching he told me Villa had won, i had the game on pause so i went back and watched the penalties with a smile on my face.

Online Lastfootstamper

« Reply #263 on: May 15, 2019, 07:31:51 AM »
well the biggest game facing us since...last May. Dean needs to shake the formation up - Green can't play and I'd also drop Taylor for Hause. Maybe two up top too.

I'm going to stick my neck out here, and say there's a fair possibility of the first thing happening, much less than that of the second, and "hell freezing over" for the third.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #264 on: May 15, 2019, 07:36:35 AM »
I’d offer more than Green and I’m a 54 year old fat twat.
Both our wide players were very poor last night. It made the game the stalemate it turned out to be because we found it hard to stretch them at the back where there seemed to be about 14 of the fuckers camped around their box. Their goal was a joke. At first glance i thought it was a fair shoulder to shoulder challenge. Replays showed the truth. The cheating shithouse  JRod should of been carded for that challenge. Then Pulisball reared it's ugly head with a throw in that we defended like schoolboys. And surely we set a record for the amount of backpasses to oue keeper? Overall a strange niggly affair that will no doubt see the Bitters claim a moral victory. Jed Steer stepped up to the plate and we grabbed the advantage in the shoot out. Fair play to him. They tried to intimidate us on and off the pitch and failed miserably. The cream really does rise to the top eventually. For all their shithousery they failed and that is such a sweet to be able to say. Wembley awaits us. Smethwick awaits them. FTA.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #265 on: May 15, 2019, 07:43:55 AM »
They were organised, disciplined and aggressive over both games. It was designed to frustrate and stifle our better players and worked to a large extent. Ultimately it backfired as three sendings off in their final three games was part of their undoing. It shows how far we have come though as it’s the type of game we would have probably lost a few months ago but this team will not be bullied.

Online mike

« Reply #266 on: May 15, 2019, 07:45:03 AM »
I was surprised how poor West Brom were and, like others, disappointed that we didn’t play well enough to win easily. That said, they only scored in the first leg due to a mistake by Whelan and in this leg they only got one after the foul on Mings was ignored. Also, Brunt should have been off at half time. We need to learn, take a deep breath and move on. Jack and McGinn played below their usual standard and were still two of the best players on the pitch. If our team turn up at the final we will win.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #267 on: May 15, 2019, 07:54:56 AM »
Just a word for Jedi.  Hardly plays all season but is professional enough to stay fit and step in and do a great job when Mings and Hause we’re out a few weeks ago.

Then last night steps up cool as a cucumber and scores a pen with his first kick of the game.  Probably his last contribution to the club and if it is what a great way to sign off.  He’s been a good servant during his time with us.  Cheers Jedi.

Offline postal

« Reply #268 on: May 15, 2019, 07:57:36 AM »
We have to take the last two games as a wake-up for wembley. Yes wba did what they do when they are deperate (kick the player if you cant kick the ball) and they defended well when down to 10, but we still should have scored before the pens. Steer did his job.

We have to be able to play better against  ( I assume ) Leeds.

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #269 on: May 15, 2019, 08:01:56 AM »
Good job there was no away goals rule in it. they were poor and we weren't much better considering how much possession we had - but - job done!!....

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal