collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Diego Carlos by KevinGage
[Today at 10:05:31 PM]

Aston Villa v Chelsea Match Thread by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:05:16 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 10:05:02 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 10:04:00 PM]

John McGinn - signed (Captain) by Footy-Vill
[Today at 09:51:55 PM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: WBA v Aston Villa Post Match Thread (FUCK THE ALBION)  (Read 53996 times)

Online maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
Re: WBA v Aston Villa Post Match Thread (FUCK THE ALBION)
« Reply #195 on: May 15, 2019, 12:10:59 AM »
Let it be known I asked my wife if we could name our firstborn Jed.

She refused.

Worth a shot.

How about Albert.......maybe not.

Online JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #196 on: May 15, 2019, 12:11:04 AM »
Was sat in a meeting during extra time and penalties.heard from my brother in the USA that we were through by text. Glad I didn't see it, but now just relieved we got through.
Surely we will play aot better in the final.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #197 on: May 15, 2019, 12:17:58 AM »
I swear to God, when Albert walked up to take his pen I turned to my wife and said:

"Oh no, not Albert, you watch him lean back and sky it over the bar"
Yes and he even had the temerity to look surprised.

I'm happy it wasn't just me, had I any inclination toward betting I could have made a killing "in game", as they say.

Offline RichardBatchelor

« Reply #198 on: May 15, 2019, 12:18:19 AM »
UP THE VILLA! Not great tonight but an amazing few months. Tyrone is a MONSTER, absolutely superb.

Offline St AustellAVFC

« Reply #199 on: May 15, 2019, 12:22:03 AM »
Jeez. Called my mom at end of 90 mins and she was telling me we’d do it. She also sensed I was drunk and told me she was turning her phone off whatever the outcome. I obviously called, it was blatantly on and we both sung “Aston Villa FC, we’re by far etc

Online Three Spires Villa

« Reply #200 on: May 15, 2019, 12:22:39 AM »
Just got back and found. Can of hop house in the fridge what s night blimey

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #201 on: May 15, 2019, 12:23:00 AM »
I swear to God, when Albert walked up to take his pen I turned to my wife and said:

"Oh no, not Albert, you watch him lean back and sky it over the bar"
Yes and he even had the temerity to look surprised.

I'm happy it wasn't just me, had I any inclination toward betting I could have made a killing "in game", as they say.

Albert knows it's lucky for us if somebody Richardsons a penalty in the semis.

Nailed on to win the final, now.

Plus Taylor always scores against Leeds at Wembley.

Online Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #202 on: May 15, 2019, 12:26:05 AM »
What a horrible watch that was but fuck it we're through. One game to go lads, let's play a lot better.

Online 144 Hard Boiled Eggs

« Reply #203 on: May 15, 2019, 12:27:07 AM »
Very rarely comment on the post match thread but both games felt like cup matches against lower league opposition - you'd never believe  that they finished above us the way the games panned out. Hourihane was strangled for their goal, and the inbred noses in the British Oak? Deary me, they must love watching the Vile on a Tuesday night.

Offline LeeB

« Reply #204 on: May 15, 2019, 12:30:19 AM »
We didn't play well tonight, but, we've earned that with what we've done since Febuary.

We didn't stop trying to do what we've been doing all along. Yes, we could have been quicker and sharper, but we didn't stop trying to play out, even when they'd scored and we looked a bit shaky.

Desipte the poor form we stuck to our guns, and it forced them back, forced them to chase and lunge, and pretty much the last hour was played in their half of the pitch.

That attitude, that application, and that commitment to keeping the ball and looking to attack has come from Dean Smith.

This run, the way it's been acheived has been borne out in how it's cowed the Albion, a team that's just out of the Premier League and has spent the whole season above us, have scored more goals than us, sit back on their 18 yards line and hack at us desperation, forced to rely on long throws and errors for any hope.

This is what fills me with confidence, whatever the outcome at Wembley. We're the Villa, you fucking worry about us.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 12:33:35 AM by LeeB »

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #205 on: May 15, 2019, 12:31:28 AM »
Well we weren’t great but neither were they, they were pretty much long ball and press which we seemed to cope with fairly well until we switched off and conceded that daft goal.

To my mind we simply didn’t move the ball quick enough to move them out of their positions, but they were just as negative as the first game, they worked hard and won a lot of the physical stuff but didn’t commit numbers forward and were utter inept after the red card.

Their manager was shit, it was like the Alamo for about an hour and he couldn’t change it.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #206 on: May 15, 2019, 12:32:42 AM »
I can’t understand the negativity.  We were an hour from going out of business last July.  We then had to endure 10 or so games of Bruce ball before he was finally shown the door.  Dean has come in with a lot of the same players and proved they can be coached and I haven’t enjoyed watching us play as much in years.

Which brings us to the play off legs.  Bear in mind they have been relegated with a PL squad and scored over 80 goals and finished above us they have only one tactic and that’s to stick 10 behind the ball and hope to do us on a set piece.  They had the chance to be more ambitious when they went 1 up tonight and instead sat back again.  Unlike us against Rotherham when they went down to ten men they literally did no attacking in the last 50 or so minutes when Brunt went and yet everybody including their own supporters are praising lickle wickle plucky Albion.

Over two legs there was only one team trying to play positive attacking football and trying to win it.  They tried to do us with a worse version of Pulisball and have failed.  So fcuk them and a big fantastic shout out for us and our never say die attitude and bravery won through in the end. 

That said, play like that against Leeds it might be a problem.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 12:36:27 AM by kippaxvilla2 »

Offline ColinMac

• GM : 12.05.2021
« Reply #207 on: May 15, 2019, 12:38:27 AM »
Overjoyed at the win, fucked off at my lack of faith meaning I booked a holiday 10 weeks ago which means I’m away for the final! I could cancel it, but it will probably mean I end up single.

Offline LeeB

« Reply #208 on: May 15, 2019, 12:39:46 AM »
Overjoyed at the win, fucked off at my lack of faith meaning I booked a holiday 10 weeks ago which means I’m away for the final! I could cancel it, but it will probably mean I end up single.

Go, you can watch it in a nice bar. PM me your ticket ref though, ta.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #209 on: May 15, 2019, 12:40:07 AM »
It aye fair Fransky!

On the cusp of their greatest ever night at The Snorethorns, we rock up, play not great and still get to Wembley.

So Fuck The Albion!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal