collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: WBA v Aston Villa Post Match Thread (FUCK THE ALBION)  (Read 53979 times)

Offline phantom limb

• GM : 05.02.2021
Re: WBA v Aston Villa Post Match Thread
« Reply #105 on: May 14, 2019, 11:16:00 PM »
What's all this West Brom can be proud of themselves plucky losers bullshit sky are coming out with? Maybe if they hadn't spent the entirety of both legs trying to boot us off the park they wouldn't have had to play for so long with 10 men. The got what they bloody deserved.

I agree wholeheartedly, and they can also go fuck themselves.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #106 on: May 14, 2019, 11:16:05 PM »
How did that pile of bollocks finish above us?

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #107 on: May 14, 2019, 11:16:43 PM »
How did that pile of bollocks finish above us?
Because Bruce.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #108 on: May 14, 2019, 11:16:43 PM »
Well there's no point going to bed for at least another 2 hours. Anything good on netflix?

Offline VancouverLion

• GM : 24.01.2016

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #110 on: May 14, 2019, 11:17:08 PM »
Sky reckon McGinn was our best player over 2 legs. I thought they were the worst two games he’s had for us

I thought he was good tonight, not his dominant self but showed for the ball constantly and did 'a bit of a jack' in drawing fouls from people, Brunt assaulted him 3 times and there was one where Hegazi was all over him and the ref let it go which was a clear free kick on the edge of the box.

I thought McGinn was poor by his high standards on Saturday. After a slow start he was excellent tonight. His engine is ridiculous, still fighting for everything all over the pitch after 120 minutes against their Bash Street Kids tactics.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #111 on: May 14, 2019, 11:18:04 PM »
Premier League team last year, playing for penalties and time wasting from the 20th minute in the first leg as well as kicking lumps out of McGinn and Grealish. 

FTA

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #112 on: May 14, 2019, 11:18:11 PM »
The only side that tried to win the tie is the one going to Wembley, you don't get any more of a deserved winner than that imo.

I actually thought they played a smart game given who they had missing. Said in the pre match thread that their most likely route of scoring was through a set piece with Dawson or Hegazi getting their head on which was a tactic our lot seemed oblivious to first half.

Not trying to be an apologist for them but they had limitations and adapted pretty well to them although backfired in the end when they only really had defenders to take penalties.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #113 on: May 14, 2019, 11:18:36 PM »
we had 40 minutes to score against 10 men
we were awful hardly troubled them

not bothered right now but I’m telling you we will have to play a million times better than that at Wembley if we are going to win

Which no one disagrees with, but it's a load of shite that we didn't deserve unless you think a side that no matter how many men they had on the pitch had little to no interest in venturing out their own half did deserve it.

Albion played exactly the kind of football you have said dozens of times you hate and yet now it's a style of football that deserved to win?

I’m not giving Albion credit for the way they play
I thought we were very poor tonight and should have strolled it with the advantage we had but played rubbish

but I’m not going to argue, I thought we got lucky tonight because we tried to beat ourselves at times but I’m delighted we got through and will play a side who want to play more football at Wembley so should help us

Offline jwarry

« Reply #114 on: May 14, 2019, 11:19:48 PM »
Listening to Jimmy Shan I’ve a lot of time for him and Baggies should hold in to him if they had any sense. Luckily I think they will be stupid and let him go ...

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #115 on: May 14, 2019, 11:20:15 PM »
Deserved nothing but got Wembley I’ll take that

We deserve it more than fucking Albion do.

Yeh wot are you on about John e. There was only one team trying to play football there. Sure we were not at our best but look at the stats

Word.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #116 on: May 14, 2019, 11:20:32 PM »
Let it be known I asked my wife if we could name our firstborn Jed.

She refused.

Worth a shot.

Online danno

« Reply #117 on: May 14, 2019, 11:20:59 PM »
West Brom played for penalties for the whole two legs and got them. Well done them. Too bad they didn't account for the Jed-Meister!  UTV

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #118 on: May 14, 2019, 11:21:18 PM »
Listening to Jimmy Shan I’ve a lot of time for him and Baggies should hold in to him if they had any sense. Luckily I think they will be stupid and let him go ...

He’s failed to get them promoted, so from that perspective I hope he remains their manager for ever and ever.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #119 on: May 14, 2019, 11:21:21 PM »
Well there's no point going to bed for at least another 2 hours. Anything good on netflix?

If you've got Sky you can download the 4-2 against Blose, the 4-1 against Wolves, the 5-1 against Blose or a 4-3 against Baggies to keep yourself occupied....

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal