collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation thread  (Read 919923 times)

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
Re: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation thread
« Reply #4530 on: July 23, 2019, 03:35:04 PM »
Some potentially dodgy shenanigans involved in the Marvellous deal apparently according to an article I read this morning (can’t find the link to it now). Hope it’s just media talking bolx.

dodgy in what sense?
Something about making them pay a few million to take some of our players on loan as part of the deal to inflate the price so he gets a work permit. The article appeared on my Google news feed but I can’t find it again now.
https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/07/23/report-aston-villa-demanded-club-brugge-pay-a-few-million-euros/

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #4531 on: July 23, 2019, 03:51:55 PM »
Reads like clickbait.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #4532 on: July 23, 2019, 04:02:39 PM »
Some potentially dodgy shenanigans involved in the Marvellous deal apparently according to an article I read this morning (can’t find the link to it now). Hope it’s just media talking bolx.

dodgy in what sense?
Something about making them pay a few million to take some of our players on loan as part of the deal to inflate the price so he gets a work permit. The article appeared on my Google news feed but I can’t find it again now.
https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/07/23/report-aston-villa-demanded-club-brugge-pay-a-few-million-euros/
Do we really think that Purslow is going to play these sorts of games?!

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #4533 on: July 23, 2019, 04:39:08 PM »
It depends on how it was spun.

I could imagine us saying "do you want..." as part of the deal, and then the press misrepresenting that as us "demanding" that they take a player off us.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #4534 on: July 23, 2019, 04:39:15 PM »
I think you'll see 4 more in;
Trezeguet
Then;
1 from Butland and Heaton, more likely Heaton
1 from Douglas and Marvellous, almost certainly Douglas
1 from Benrahma and Maupay, 50-50

I think 6 or so will leave as well, maybe some on loan. Possibilities with the first few most likely;
Nyland or Kalinic, Tuenzebe, Bree, Hepburn Murphy, Hogan, Lansbury, Green, Kodjia, Thor, Davis.

Just my guess.

Tuanzebe wasn't ours to leave.

I meant Tshibola.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #4535 on: July 23, 2019, 04:50:13 PM »
No, it's Bannan.

I thought it was Mazrim.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #4536 on: July 23, 2019, 05:24:10 PM »
Another day passes and no further on with any of these rumoured deals. I've never understood that, come Sky's deadline day, a deal can be started at 10.59pm (11.00pm transfer closure cut-off time) and be concluded in time for the player to be cleared for playing  often within 72 hours - including work permit clearance, if from overseas?? I don't get it!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 05:26:24 PM by Villafirst »

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #4537 on: July 23, 2019, 05:40:14 PM »
Another day passes and no further on with any of these rumoured deals. I've never understood that, come Sky's deadline day, a deal can be started at 10.59pm (11.00pm transfer closure cut-off time) and be concluded in time for the player to be cleared for playing  often within 72 hours - including work permit clearance, if from overseas?? I don't get it!

You're comparing apples and pears there. On deadline day, at 11pm they're not signing a contract, they're submitting a form that shows they intend to complete the transfer and then they get an extra window to do so. For work permits they have a 'board' setup ready and waiting to pass them on that day but earlier in the window there's no such rush. Finally when news leaks to the press in the final day it's normally for a transfer which is pretty well progressed. earlier in the window, with less activity, the leaks come out much earlier in the process. Trezeguet, for example, was because Suso and Smith were at an Egypt game. Luiz because he flew to Minnesota to meet with Smith and Purslow. On deadline day you wouldn't fly some out for a chat and then let them go home to think about it and you certainly wouldn't go to game to watch a potential target.

In short, be patient, there's nothing unusual about things taking a coupe of weeks to complete, especially for foreign based players with work permit requirements.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #4538 on: July 23, 2019, 05:55:55 PM »

Why are you panicking? Stop reading Twitter every 10 seconds, or watching the same re-run on Sky. We have had a superb window. This isn’t a video game where you can buy a player in minutes. There are deals agreed to. The manager and CEO have both said there are a few more to go. They’ve come through way more than any of us expected. Chill out man.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #4539 on: July 23, 2019, 06:06:38 PM »
I'm not denying that we've had a decent window, just pointing out the irony of deadline day.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #4540 on: July 23, 2019, 06:15:04 PM »
I'm not denying that we've had a decent window, just pointing out the irony of deadline day.

Whilst you can sign a player, as Man City have done with Douglas, it doesn’t mean you can play them unless they are nailed on, regular internationals.  The immigration agency doesn’t work around deadline day or make exceptions.

We witnessed the same process with Wesley and the fact that no other clubs have been publicly linked with these players is encouraging.  I think both are done bar the red tape.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #4541 on: July 23, 2019, 06:20:40 PM »
Work permits, international clearance etc when the world and his wife are on holiday and there’s no bugger at work to push the papers through.  We just have to be  patient and wait for Phyllis gets back from Bognor Regis.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #4543 on: July 23, 2019, 06:36:53 PM »

Whilst you can sign a player, as Man City have done with Douglas, it doesn’t mean you can play them unless they are nailed on, regular internationals.  The immigration agency doesn’t work around deadline day or make exceptions.

We witnessed the same process with Wesley and the fact that no other clubs have been publicly linked with these players is encouraging. I think both are done bar the red tape.

Well, encouraging in one sense anyway. I have been quietly wondering why no clubs have rivalled us for any of the 8 we've brought in so far. Bit strange but perhaps just a reflection of the window.

Anyway yes, agree with others, no need to get carried away because things have slowed down. Still fairly confident we'll get our business done.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #4544 on: July 23, 2019, 06:50:15 PM »
The Meaning Evil (yes I know) has us linked to another from the AfCON Luyindama? Currently in Turkey but previously played in Belgium
Are we attempting to outspend Fulham ?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 07:05:24 PM by villa `cross the mersey »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal