collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation thread  (Read 918609 times)

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
Re: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation thread
« Reply #4095 on: July 16, 2019, 10:58:48 AM »
We all dream of a team of Gary Breens.

Offline GordonCowansisthegreatest

« Reply #4096 on: July 16, 2019, 11:03:04 AM »
He still submitted a transfer request to leave. After trying to leave before. And he eventually left as soon as a big club actually submitted a bid. He clearly didn't want to be at the Villa and IMO he was in the wrong. If you're defending player power and individuals who agitate for moves despite being on decent contracts then I firmly disagree.
I agree with what you say but, if the player can see that there's no sign of ambition more than maintaining prem status, then he needs to move for his own ambitions.
This has been the problem at VP for nearly as far back as I can remember.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #4097 on: July 16, 2019, 11:10:58 AM »
He still submitted a transfer request to leave. After trying to leave before. And he eventually left as soon as a big club actually submitted a bid. He clearly didn't want to be at the Villa and IMO he was in the wrong. If you're defending player power and individuals who agitate for moves despite being on decent contracts then I firmly disagree.
I agree with what you say but, if the player can see that there's no sign of ambition more than maintaining prem status, then he needs to move for his own ambitions.
This has been the problem at VP for nearly as far back as I can remember.

I appreciate that as a general rule, but he was loved at Villa, and we loved him at the time, and it was difficult reading about a player wanting to leave after striking up a rapport with the fans.

More importantly, he's won no honours since leaving us and arguably came closer / achieved more at Villa - he got an FA Cup Runners-Up medal for us. At Liverpool he was a League Cup runner-up and a Europa League runner-up.

Anyway, back to the original point, this Nakamba fellow sounds like he has a less than Marvelous attitude.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 11:12:56 AM by AsTallAsLions »

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #4098 on: July 16, 2019, 11:13:22 AM »
Reports suggesting 3 or 4 more signings, 1 possibly a loan. Well, if 3 of them are Douglas, Marvellous and Bjorn (as other reports are suggesting will be announced tomorrow with the kit launch) i should hope there will certainly be more than just a loan left as we're still short of quality wide attacking players.
But then again, this is Gregg Evans, not sure he's exactly the final word on such things...?

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #4099 on: July 16, 2019, 11:27:20 AM »
Not since it was consensus-ed on H&V that a Greg with two end g's is not to be trusted.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #4100 on: July 16, 2019, 11:29:52 AM »
Not since it was consensus-ed on H&V that a Greg with two end g's is not to be trusted.

isn't he leaving to go 6th form or something ??

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #4101 on: July 16, 2019, 11:31:40 AM »
I'm surprised we're not in for Jarrod Bowen.  Would have thought he'd e a good fit?

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #4102 on: July 16, 2019, 11:37:06 AM »
I'm surprised we're not in for Jarrod Bowen.  Would have thought he'd e a good fit?

Agreed, good player, young, hungry and has sell-on potential. The touted fee seems peanuts too, if true... but perhaps we've inquired on that basis and been told it's actually much higher than we're willing to pay - would follow a growing pattern.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #4103 on: July 16, 2019, 12:20:48 PM »
It's a bit like that impossible middle ground that needed to be found on players' demeanour.

"That grumpy arse Ayew, scowling the whole time, he should try and look like he's enjoying himself. And that f*****g Bacuna, grinning. Can't he see how bad things are, the whole thing is like a joke to him".

"We should only sign players who really, really want to be here. Not like that guy who is so desperate to join us that he's trying to force a move to do so though. That shows that he wants to be here too much".

Tricky path these players need to tread to keep people happy.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #4104 on: July 16, 2019, 12:34:10 PM »

Tricky path these players need to tread to keep people happy.

They should just ask themselves, "What would Tyrone do?"

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #4105 on: July 16, 2019, 12:49:34 PM »
Sometimes people can form an opinion without the full facts of the situation being known. An agreement gone back on (particularly when it means a lot of money to a player) can make some players react in what can seem to be an unreasonable manner. I am not saying this is the case but just using it as an example. Sometimes it can be better to be up front rather than undermining  solidarity within a group. One of the things to bear in mind that the wages here are far higher than in Belgium.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #4106 on: July 16, 2019, 01:24:00 PM »
The most expensive transfers in Championship history, including one absolute clunker by Villa and another that's not worked out

https://www.squawka.com/en/features/most-expensive-championship-players

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #4107 on: July 16, 2019, 01:26:59 PM »
Often players are completely influenced by their Agents, usually because players are naive and the Agents are anything but.
Agents make money by transfer activity not necessarily what’s best for the player.

Offline SW9-VILLA

« Reply #4108 on: July 16, 2019, 01:38:08 PM »
Sometimes people can form an opinion without the full facts of the situation being known.

In football it's most of the time lol

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #4109 on: July 16, 2019, 02:10:58 PM »
We should offer Celtic £30m in a lump sum for Kieran Tierney. Arsenal have had their £25m instalment bid rejected, according to the BBC. This is the sort of signing that fits our current philosophy and I think we should go for it.

Then Icardi obviously.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal