collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation thread  (Read 919888 times)

Offline KRS

Re: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation thread
« Reply #3960 on: July 14, 2019, 10:37:03 PM »
What formations did Dean use at Walsall and Brentford? Last season was all about using the right tactics and formation for a squad he inherited, but he now has the opportunity and luxury to create the team of his own vision. Is he the kind of manager to switch formations and tactics against certain opposition or will he stick with a tried and tested formula?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #3961 on: July 14, 2019, 10:39:20 PM »
I fucking hate five at the back or three at the back. Yuck. No. Season ticket money back. Fuck no.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #3962 on: July 14, 2019, 10:40:24 PM »
We've never played 343 though. I don't want us too either.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3963 on: July 14, 2019, 10:44:15 PM »
Whilst I largely side with the previous two posters, I find my views are somewhat tempered by who's the man in charge these days of said formation. I'm not prepared to dismiss it out of hand.

Offline danno

« Reply #3964 on: July 14, 2019, 10:49:31 PM »
A back three? if it's the version that gets us a 4th place finish a league cup and a win over Newton Heath. I could grin and bear it.

If it's the Gregory version, Eeesh count me out.

Offline KevinEaton

« Reply #3965 on: July 14, 2019, 11:02:44 PM »
One things for sure, if Axel does come back Man U will only allow it if he’s going to get game time, otherwise there is no benefit to them or him

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #3966 on: July 14, 2019, 11:19:06 PM »
Yep, forget the talk of Axel as cover, he won't be warming our bench when he can do that at Old Trafford. We don't need him now, get the goalie/striker/winger in that we do still need and put our business to bed long before Jim White slams the transfer window shut with his Big Ben gong erection.

Offline WarszaVillan

• GM : 06.10.2023
« Reply #3967 on: July 14, 2019, 11:40:00 PM »
A back three? if it's the version that gets us a 4th place finish a league cup and a win over Newton Heath. I could grin and bear it.

If it's the Gregory version, Eeesh count me out.

But if it's the original SGT version, count me in

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #3968 on: July 14, 2019, 11:53:51 PM »
If we were in for Tuanzebe, I would say buy him outright or don’t bring him in at all.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #3969 on: July 14, 2019, 11:54:41 PM »
Yep, forget the talk of Axel as cover, he won't be warming our bench when he can do that at Old Trafford. We don't need him now, get the goalie/striker/winger in that we do still need and put our business to bed long before Jim White slams the transfer window shut with his Big Ben gong erection.

Jim White on any given deadline day....

"Oooo Eamonn, Harry is on the phone, HOLD THAT THOUGHT because Harry, yes Harry is on the phone Eamonn. Have you creamed yourself as much as I have here Eamonn? Harry you are live on Sky Sports, have you farted today Harry... "

He really is utterly insufferable isn't he. And that bald headed fella that does the rumours all the time - like a bad QVC sales person after a last gig. There was a golden age of SS News, but it has sadly long past.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #3970 on: July 15, 2019, 12:00:08 AM »
I’ll be praying for a eventless transfer deadline day. It would be great to get all of our signings done by the end of the month. We don’t need that fucking circus and the desperation that comes with it. Obviously I wish it as easy as that and maybe we will need to be involved but I hope not.

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #3971 on: July 15, 2019, 12:06:01 AM »
If you ever hear that we paid too much for Mings, apparently Leicester are planning to spend FORTY-FIVE MILLION POUNDS on Lewis Dunk.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #3972 on: July 15, 2019, 12:12:56 AM »
45 million for a decent Championship level defender.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #3973 on: July 15, 2019, 12:15:39 AM »
I doubt we'll be going 3 at the back (other than as a game chasing tactic) and I really can't see Tuanzebe coming back. I'd have a real problem with us signing 4 centre backs in the window and then deciding to add a loanee ahead of 3 of them, that wouldn't scream confidence in the abilities of those players, particularly Hause and Engels. Talk of him covering Right Back and DM doesn't feel right either, we've just signed Konsa who can do that and is actually our player. I honestly think that, assuming Douglas, Engels and Trezeguet happen) we're only really a keeper and striker away from being done this window. We could possibly add another left winger but I don't think we will in this window (because I'd use Kodjia for that).  Maupay and Heaton/Etheridge/Butland/Etc and I'd be very happy with the shape of the squad. Longer term we'd still have some poorer players to look for upgrades on (Taylor, Lansbury, Hogan, BB, Kodjia?, Elmo?) but I'm happy for them to be squad filler for a year because shifting them off the books this summer would be hard and I don't want another bomb squad situation.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #3974 on: July 15, 2019, 12:16:08 AM »
Utter madness. It’s got to the point that the price of the player no longer represents his worth with the exception of a few. I think for the most part our business has been really sensible. Especially if we can lock up Douglas, the Brazil U23 captain for what will appear a paltry fee of £15m and Engels for £7m. £22m versus the reported combined £55-£60m for Philipps and Webster. Leicester proved buying Kante, Mahrez and even Maguire that you can be really smart in the market. Not anymore I guess if this is true.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal