collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation thread  (Read 919819 times)

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Summer transfer, gossip, speculation thread
« Reply #1800 on: June 16, 2019, 03:11:02 PM »
He doesn’t have the pace or acceleration to generate self belief. Full backs in the PL wouldn’t be challenged because for the most part they are all quick and have better positional sense. It’s not only confidence but ability. AEG not only has pace but he has tricks and confidence to employ both. Defenders hate that.

The goal he scored v Norwich in early 17-18 was superb finish and pretty sure he got away from the defender easily. He's had bad hamstring injuries since.

My guess is he'll get a few games for us up to xmas, look out of his depth and then will be loaned out in January with option of permanent.

He didn't have to get away from anyone for that goal. He received it in loads of space, defender backing off and the finish was definitely outstanding. But if he had to take the defender on it would have been different. I agree with your final statement.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1801 on: June 16, 2019, 03:23:23 PM »
I would loan Green and Rushian out to attack-minded Championship teams where they will get chances to prove their mettle. Both to Brentford as makeweights for all the Brentford lads we want.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1802 on: June 16, 2019, 03:26:05 PM »
£20m for Benrahma. I like him a lot.

Double the assists and goals of Daniel James, so I dont think it's way over the top.

Offline Toronto Villa

« Reply #1803 on: June 16, 2019, 03:29:54 PM »
£20m for Benrahma. I like him a lot.

Double the assists and goals of Daniel James, so I dont think it's way over the top.

I reckon we'll get him and the deal will be something less than that but working up to it based on achievement by player and club. But he's certainly a dynamic player. I would hope given the types of player Brentford did bring in Smith/Suso are able to find those gems vs buying them at a premium. Prior to Brentford he hadn't done a lot so would have been quite cheap and he's really blossomed there.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1804 on: June 16, 2019, 03:53:12 PM »
Hyptiehtically, the front 3 would be El Ghazi, Our Wes and Benrahma. A lot of pace out wide and what appears to be an awkward customer who likes to drop deep. I think, given a pre-season, we will see more evolution of Smith Ball than was possible last term, so I expect us to be pretty fluid up top.

My main worries are the strength in depth. We're going to have to be lucky with injuries next season. Kodjia, Davis, RHM, Green and Jota as the depth. Hmmm.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1805 on: June 16, 2019, 04:24:28 PM »
There's still an outside chance that Kodja might yet prove useful with a preseason under Smith behind him, but it is an outside chance for sure. Jota could go either way of course but I suspect he'll be reliably tidy at worst. The others? Very very unconvincing.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1806 on: June 16, 2019, 04:28:01 PM »
Another striker will come in. Still think Davis will get a few games aswell so would keep him around up to xmas to see how he adapts.

When we signed Benteke we still had Gabby and Bent in the squad who (at the time) were established and reliable 10-15 goal a season premier league strikers so that gives an idea of depth we need even if we play just one upfront.

Kodjia wasn't used much in the run in so get the feeling we'll cash in if a French club wants him, 1 year left on his deal and coming up to 30.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #1807 on: June 16, 2019, 04:28:33 PM »
There's still an outside chance that Kodja might yet prove useful with a preseason under Smith behind him, but it is an outside chance for sure. Jota could go either way of course but I suspect he'll be reliably tidy at worst. The others? Very very unconvincing.
Kodjia looks like injuries have taken their toll on him and what he's lost isn't coming back.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1808 on: June 16, 2019, 04:35:18 PM »
Kodjia looks like injuries have taken their toll on him and what he's lost isn't coming back.

Yep, agree, unfortunately.

Offline Toronto Villa

« Reply #1809 on: June 16, 2019, 04:54:47 PM »
Kodjia also seems a little bonkers too

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1810 on: June 16, 2019, 05:01:24 PM »

Yep, agree, unfortunately.

Like I say, probably. But who knows - players have adjusted before and found a way to become, if not their old selves, something still useful. I wouldn't bet on it though.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1811 on: June 16, 2019, 07:26:42 PM »
I'd want to see how Kodjia looks during pre-season before making a call either way but if he looks interested then he's a useful option out wide for me. I think Jota will be fine and I want Davis to get a chance.

Green and RHM are still all potential and really need to step up this summer.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1812 on: June 16, 2019, 07:53:55 PM »
Maybe, finally becoming a premier league player will focus Kodjia’s mind.
It’s more than likely the only chance he’ll get.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #1813 on: June 16, 2019, 07:59:12 PM »
I have never seen anything in Green that made me think he could make it as a top level player however with good coaching he could be another Marc Albrighton.

Albrighton was a far better player. Green has never shown any of the promise of Marc

Offline achilles

« Reply #1814 on: June 16, 2019, 08:27:32 PM »
Don't think RHM will make it, certainly not at PL level or championship level.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal