collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 6th place in the Championship, final play off spot  (Read 6950 times)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Re: 6th place in the Championship, final play off spot
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2019, 09:00:05 PM »
I'd rather play a team we've beaten twice than one that's beaten us twice.

Same for me.

Boro haven't actually scored a goal v us in the last six games.

I get the thought they might be due one against us but if we can't be confident going into a possible play off final against them I'm not sure who we could beat.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2019, 10:22:45 AM »
Albion still have a chance of third and may want to avoid us in the play-off semis.  I can't see them putting out a weakened team.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2019, 10:39:29 AM »
Albion still have a chance of third and may want to avoid us in the play-off semis.  I can't see them putting out a weakened team.

Derby have to go for it as it is shit or bust - I would not want to reply on other results if I was them

With that in mind I don't think the bitters will risk and key player injuries so the likes of Gayle and Rodrigcheatingcuntybastardtwatez I expect to be rested

One good thing is that I have missed a few matches whilst on holiday and watching the highlights shows I have noticed that Sam Johnson is flapping around like a pillock and has been culpable for a good few recent goals - long may that continue

Offline KRS

« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2019, 07:51:10 PM »
I really can't see Leeds not getting at least a point that they need to secure 3rd place at Ipswich.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2019, 08:28:16 PM »
I really can't see Leeds not getting at least a point that they need to secure 3rd place at Ipswich.

Yeah, I agree with that. It's possible it could end as one of those mad, 4-0 to the relegated team games but it's Lambert against Bielsa at the end of the day.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2019, 08:44:32 PM »
We seem to have a very weird obsession with Bristol City.
Iv'e got nothing against Bristol City. It's their niggly little shithouse of a manager i can't stand. If by a miracle we met them in the final and beat them i can give you his post match interview right now "the ref gave them everything, Grealish was diving all game, our fans were put in the wrong end of the ground and god made it cloudy in the first half then really sunny in the second half which blinded our keeper for their 4 goals which were all offside"
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 08:46:52 PM by The Edge »

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2019, 08:57:03 PM »
We seem to have a very weird obsession with Bristol City.
Iv'e got nothing against Bristol City. It's their niggly little shithouse of a manager i can't stand. If by a miracle we met them in the final and beat them i can give you his post match interview right now "the ref gave them everything, Grealish was diving all game, our fans were put in the wrong end of the ground and god made it cloudy in the first half then really sunny in the second half which blinded our keeper for their 4 goals which were all offside"

If you take a look at their forum, some of their fans are the most deluded ****** on the internet.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2019, 09:37:00 PM »
I really cannot believe anyone gets worked up over an opposition manager saying what Villa do is a good idea and wants his own club to look into doing the same.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2019, 10:54:29 PM »
Thought it was the other way around, Brizzle seem to have the chip on their shoulders about us ever since Kodjia signed?

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2019, 11:36:22 PM »
I'd rather play a team we've beaten twice than one that's beaten us twice.
Hold on, who in the playoff positions has beaten us twice ?

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2019, 12:04:18 AM »
We've defeated ourselves more times than I can remember, so I think it's the Villa. Luckily we can't play them.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2019, 12:42:56 AM »
Bristol fans are weird. They're also a bit obsessed with us on their site, which is dripping with vitriol.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2019, 06:49:47 AM »
I really cannot believe anyone gets worked up over an opposition manager saying what Villa do is a good idea and wants his own club to look into doing the same.
He's the only manager i have ever heard bring up where their fans were located during a post match interview. He made it an excuse. If he thinks that would be a good idea for his club thats fine. Bring it up with the right people at the right time. Yes he does annoy me he is a niggly little cnut.

Offline Pete3206

« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2019, 09:12:10 AM »
He's the only manager i have ever heard bring up where their fans were located during a post match interview. He made it an excuse. If he thinks that would be a good idea for his club thats fine. Bring it up with the right people at the right time. Yes he does annoy me he is a niggly little cnut.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in terms of positioning away fans these clubs do exactly the same thing.
Derby, Hull, Ipswich, Leeds, Boro and Norwich.

Offline exigo

« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2019, 09:27:55 AM »
From memory:

Behind the goal: Sheff U, Albion, Bristol City, Swansea, Sheff Wed, Forest, Brentford, Preston, Blackburn, Stoke, Small Heath, Wigan, QPR, Millwall, Rotherham, Bolton
In the corner: Derby, Boro, Hull, Reading
Down the side: Norwich, Leeds, Ipswich, us.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal