collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[April 28, 2024, 11:47:33 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[April 28, 2024, 11:20:28 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[April 28, 2024, 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[April 28, 2024, 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[April 28, 2024, 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[April 28, 2024, 11:07:30 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[April 28, 2024, 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[April 28, 2024, 10:54:37 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[April 28, 2024, 11:47:33 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Skerra
[April 28, 2024, 11:28:45 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[April 28, 2024, 11:20:28 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[April 28, 2024, 11:19:47 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Toronto Villa
[April 28, 2024, 11:16:07 PM]

Re: Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[April 28, 2024, 11:15:52 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by VillaTim
[April 28, 2024, 11:14:59 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Rudy Can't Fail
[April 28, 2024, 11:14:18 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Commercial failings  (Read 49868 times)

Offline FatSam

Re: Commercial failings
« Reply #210 on: August 14, 2019, 12:06:03 PM »
Pleased about this. Their Session IPA is my beer of choice at the moment. More than £6/ pint in my local mind, so my consumption has gone down.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #211 on: August 14, 2019, 12:07:25 PM »
“Working with Aston Villa & Villa Park is testament to the ongoing success of our original mission when we started, which is to brew great beer without prejudice, with a conscience and with a consistency and an attention to detail, which is second to none.”

Beer without prejudice and with a conscience? I really have got to read more company mission statements as I was totally unaware such magic existed.
Yes it’s total bollocks

It's good bollocks. I always look for a beer with a conscience, a beer with it's own mind, a living beer, a beer for the many not the few....

Then I look at the purity website and I think "Oh do fuck off"

Quite, but they do sell some decent beer which will be the first time in living memory at Villa Park.

I'm with you on that Chris. Decent beer is exactly what it is.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #212 on: August 14, 2019, 12:15:56 PM »
Do they not know that no Villa fan drinks lager. Having travelled a long way from our stately homes in the shires to get to Villa Park we like a good malt whisky or glass of port pre match and at half time.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #213 on: August 14, 2019, 12:26:45 PM »
But can they get it out quickly enough??

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #214 on: August 14, 2019, 12:32:15 PM »
It’s good news.  Notwithstanding the marketing mumbo jumbo they are a very decent brewery.  Hopefully they’ll have the Lawless larger on which is good too.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #215 on: August 14, 2019, 01:11:22 PM »
Who the hell suggested having no cash options earlier?!  Sacrilege.

Offline wozwebs

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #216 on: August 14, 2019, 01:30:11 PM »
As for taking bottle tops off 6 years olds...

This has been a bugbear of mine for sometime now, however we’ve now cracked it. The stewards don’t frisk children so my lad removes his bottle top, puts it in his pocket and carries the drink in through the turnstiles. Once through, he puts the lid back on the bottle. We then walk up the steps, high fiving each other.

And that just shows how pointless the searches are. I also think it’s a sales ploy, at wembley they made us empty out the bottles too.
My understanding of the bottle tips having spoken with someone in H&S for the FA is to eliminate trip hazards in an emergency situation. I.e. if dropped in a rush to get out the ground they are crushed underfoot rather than hazard on stairs that could lead to a fall and further crushing

I always thought it was to stop fans filling them with water then putting the top on and throwing it at the away fans

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #217 on: August 14, 2019, 01:37:43 PM »
As for taking bottle tops off 6 years olds...

This has been a bugbear of mine for sometime now, however we’ve now cracked it. The stewards don’t frisk children so my lad removes his bottle top, puts it in his pocket and carries the drink in through the turnstiles. Once through, he puts the lid back on the bottle. We then walk up the steps, high fiving each other.

And that just shows how pointless the searches are. I also think it’s a sales ploy, at wembley they made us empty out the bottles too.
My understanding of the bottle tips having spoken with someone in H&S for the FA is to eliminate trip hazards in an emergency situation. I.e. if dropped in a rush to get out the ground they are crushed underfoot rather than hazard on stairs that could lead to a fall and further crushing

I always thought it was to stop fans filling them with water then putting the top on and throwing it at the away fans

You don't need the top on for that.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #218 on: August 14, 2019, 01:40:14 PM »
“Working with Aston Villa & Villa Park is testament to the ongoing success of our original mission when we started, which is to brew great beer without prejudice, with a conscience and with a consistency and an attention to detail, which is second to none.”

Beer without prejudice and with a conscience? I really have got to read more company mission statements as I was totally unaware such magic existed.
Yes it’s total bollocks

It's good bollocks. I always look for a beer with a conscience, a beer with it's own mind, a living beer, a beer for the many not the few....

Then I look at the purity website and I think "Oh do fuck off"

My only question is

"How many of these do I need to fall over"

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #219 on: August 14, 2019, 01:49:42 PM »
Great to see us supporting a local company in Purity.
Very expensive in City Centre so be interesting to see what prices will be in the ground.
I'll probably stick to Piss Water AKA Fosters

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2025
« Reply #220 on: August 14, 2019, 01:57:22 PM »
For what it’s worth, having looked them up, I think they walk their talk, which is important to me as a consumer. Chief question for me is are they vegan (in output not byproduct use), I simply haven’t bought Isinglass refined stuff for years which is a pain but use barnivore.com to check stuff - I’ve emailed them to check if all their products are, certainly a lot are I’m sure all bottled/canned but it’s draft that’s usually the challenge, I think they are though.

More significantly re: their spiel

https://puritybrewing.com/pure-eco/?v=79cba1185463

Sustainability and brewing with a conscience is at the heart of our business.
At Purity we take our responsibility to our environment and local community very seriously. We’ve made some huge strides for a small company but we are determined to continue to make a difference.

Our brewery uses the latest heat exchange and steam recapture technology to reduce our energy consumption.

Our spent grain goes to the Longhorn Cattle on the farm as well as going to Brewers Goose. The spent yeast goes to the local pigs and the used hops are used as fertiliser on the farm.

We recycle our waste water by using a natural wetland system. Creating a unique and thriving ecosystem ensuring pure water is going back into the water system.

Canning our beer on site with our own line allows us to reduce beer miles and less fuel being used.

Our testament to sustainability was rewarded on a national level as we won the Insider Made in the UK Sustainable Manufacturer of the Year in 2015 and again in 2016 as Midland’s Sustainable Manufacturer

So it’s a big commercial success (rather than failings thread) for me.

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2025
« Reply #221 on: August 14, 2019, 01:58:43 PM »
Great to see us supporting a local company in Purity.
Very expensive in City Centre so be interesting to see what prices will be in the ground.
I'll probably stick to Piss Water AKA Fosters

Indeed if I did ever choose to get ripped off, I’d prefer a premium product which from the reviews here at least it is. We are quick to complain about Budweiser etc.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 02:10:56 PM by purpletrousers »

Offline Russ aka Big Nose

« Reply #222 on: August 14, 2019, 02:06:05 PM »
I think their beer is great (for all that that might be worth), they do genuinely invest to make a positive difference and, if you need another reason, their Founder/MD is a Villa fan.

He also likes egg-chasing, hence previous tie-ups, special beers with/for Wasps. I will be delighted to quaff a few of their beers on Saturday. UTV.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #223 on: August 14, 2019, 02:14:55 PM »
For what it’s worth, having looked them up, I think they walk their talk, which is important to me as a consumer. Chief question for me is are they vegan (in output not byproduct use), I simply haven’t bought Isinglass refined stuff for years which is a pain but use barnivore.com to check stuff - I’ve emailed them to check if all their products are, certainly a lot are I’m sure all bottled/canned but it’s draft that’s usually the challenge, I think they are though.

More significantly re: their spiel

https://puritybrewing.com/pure-eco/?v=79cba1185463

Sustainability and brewing with a conscience is at the heart of our business.
At Purity we take our responsibility to our environment and local community very seriously. We’ve made some huge strides for a small company but we are determined to continue to make a difference.

Our brewery uses the latest heat exchange and steam recapture technology to reduce our energy consumption.

Our spent grain goes to the Longhorn Cattle on the farm as well as going to Brewers Goose. The spent yeast goes to the local pigs and the used hops are used as fertiliser on the farm.

We recycle our waste water by using a natural wetland system. Creating a unique and thriving ecosystem ensuring pure water is going back into the water system.

Canning our beer on site with our own line allows us to reduce beer miles and less fuel being used.

Our testament to sustainability was rewarded on a national level as we won the Insider Made in the UK Sustainable Manufacturer of the Year in 2015 and again in 2016 as Midland’s Sustainable Manufacturer

So it’s a big commercial success (rather than failings thread) for me.

Don't the vast majority of ales/bitters/milds use isinglass?

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #224 on: August 14, 2019, 02:20:38 PM »
Yes, although it's much less common than it used to be with the smaller brewers and craft breweries.  But I suspect Purity use in in their main ales.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal