collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Yorkshire Whites vs The Villa Pre-Match Thread  (Read 14781 times)

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
Re: Yorkshire Whites vs The Villa Pre-Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2019, 10:17:12 AM »
Rule number 1 : this is Aston Villa, we try to win every game. Not always been the case recently but under the new management this is the way forward.
Rule number 2 : play the strongest available team. However there is no point in taking unnecessary risks.
Therefore : Steer, Elmo, Elphick, Tuanzebe, Taylor, Bjarnason, Hourihane, Lansbury, Green, Kodjia, El Ghazi
Radical or what ?

Id be happy with a team similar to the below, though Id give Davis a start. He looks sharp.

Would be ridiculous if one of our key players got injured in our last 2 games before the playoffs.

Only exception to that being centre half, we need to find a partner for Mings for the playoffs, hence either Elphick or Tuanzebe should partner Mings for last 2 games.

Offline frank black

« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2019, 12:34:27 PM »
Extend

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2019, 12:40:08 PM »
I have a theory. Let's assume Sheff United get the job done on Saturday.  That should make us rest Jack or McGinn or both.  Leeds then knowing they are in the play offs could cynically target both of these for injuries.  We all know what a scammer that Bielsa is.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2019, 01:05:29 PM »
I think Smith's competitive edge will see him have the lads really up for this one. Brentford should have beaten Leeds at Elland Road in Dean's last game there while we owe them for their comeback at VP in December.

Offline postal

« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2019, 01:05:47 PM »
I have a theory. Let's assume Sheff United get the job done on Saturday.  That should make us rest Jack or McGinn or both.  Leeds then knowing they are in the play offs could cynically target both of these for injuries.  We all know what a scammer that Bielsa is.

I'd certainly rest Jack and McGinn as, you say, the risk of injury against Leeds - regardless if they could climb to 2nd. I guess Bielsa would like to hack the goalposts down, during the game, if it helps him.

The next game at Norwich would be fine to give them a run, as Farke's Norwich arent cynical kickers, even if they need to beat us to get the title.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #50 on: April 26, 2019, 01:14:35 PM »
LMFAO. Honestly we need to stop these conspiracy theories. Whatever Leeds do they are not going to take the field on Sunday with the sole intent of crippling our best players. They have just as many good players if not more. Look at the table they have been in top 2 most of the season and Bielsa wins matches by his tactical nous not by hacking opposition to pieces. I think we need to protect our players for normal reasons and not because of Leeds.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2019, 01:47:28 PM »
LMFAO. Honestly we need to stop these conspiracy theories. Whatever Leeds do they are not going to take the field on Sunday with the sole intent of crippling our best players. They have just as many good players if not more. Look at the table they have been in top 2 most of the season and Bielsa wins matches by his tactical nous not by hacking opposition to pieces. I think we need to protect our players for normal reasons and not because of Leeds.

Yep, its not like Norman Hunter or Billy Bremner are playing for Leeds this weekend.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2019, 02:15:02 PM »

Yep, its not like Norman Hunter or Billy Bremner are playing for Leeds this weekend.

ahh...but what about Madeley, Jones and Lorimer ?

UTV
The Doc

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2019, 04:34:35 PM »
Play our full strength and beat them.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2019, 05:14:58 PM »
It’ll be nice to watch the game on Sunday with a certain relaxedness (?) rather than the gut wrenching, arse clenching nerves that have accompanied the last 6 or 7 games.
That’ll all start again in a couple of weeks time.
Being where I live, this will be a gut-wrencher for me

Online olaftab

« Reply #55 on: April 26, 2019, 05:35:45 PM »

ahh...but what about Madeley, Jones and Lorimer ?

UTV
The Doc
No no Giles was the dirtiest git. Of course they are nothing like that now.

Online olaftab

« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2019, 05:37:35 PM »
It’ll be nice to watch the game on Sunday with a certain relaxedness (?) rather than the gut wrenching, arse clenching nerves that have accompanied the last 6 or 7 games.
That’ll all start again in a couple of weeks time.
Yes that's how I feel now however once the game starts it will be fuck em we need to score, not concede and win this  attitude.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2019, 06:10:57 PM »

They don't need to be a team of Terry Hurlocks. Injuries happen for all sorts of reasons.

Offline villalion

« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2019, 06:45:29 PM »
Can we not just go full strength and put them to the sword?

Offline kieron

« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2019, 07:12:32 PM »
Play our full strength and beat them.

^

We owe them one.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal