collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: General Fitness, Recovery and the Chryo Chamber  (Read 1100 times)

Offline liam

General Fitness, Recovery and the Chryo Chamber
« on: April 10, 2019, 10:31:34 PM »
We have seen the general fitness of the players improve since deano came in, which we all know is a requirement of how he wants the team to play. But I have noticed the clubs social media has been showing lots of images of late night recovery sessions after matches and the use of a Chryo chamber. I don't remember this under the previous regimes is this something new to Bodymore ?

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
Re: General Fitness, Recovery and the Chryo Chamber
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 10:41:38 PM »
Didn't they get rid of the fitness guy in the closing stages of the Xia era due to cutbacks.  It also shows how seriously Dean takes recovery. 

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 10:46:05 PM »
Probably, and it's a very welcome addition.

From my experience the best recovery process is a hot shower straight after the game, an ice bath/cold shower within a couple of hours and then a hot shower/steam room the next morning. That was my way of getting through rugby on a saturday afternoon, football on a sunday morning and 5-a-side on a sunday evening, if I missed anything I'd be fucked by the monday lunchtime.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 10:48:35 PM »
I thought this was going to be thread about Scottish vampire slayer and rock musician Buffy Chiropractor.

Offline avfcpg

• http://www.flashfitness.me
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2019, 10:57:07 PM »
Its just one of many things that the "new breed" of manager are clued up on and definitely helps recovery. One of the many other things Smith changed was players coming in early in the morning on match days so he could ensure they ate properly and prepare correctly....tactics apart, it all helps. These guys are highly paid athletes now and are / should be treated accordingly. Great to see.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2019, 08:40:24 AM »
Pictures on Instagram and Facebook of them back at Bodymoor at 1.15 this morning.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal