collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 03:49:28 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 03:49:22 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by andyh
[Today at 03:49:16 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Chris Harte
[Today at 03:49:10 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Beard82
[Today at 03:48:46 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by The Edge
[Today at 03:48:39 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Forge10
[Today at 03:48:34 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 03:48:29 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bolton Away  (Read 4173 times)

Offline wittonwarrior

Bolton Away
« on: April 02, 2019, 03:53:50 PM »
On BBC  saying that their next 2 home games are in doubt. We are their next home !

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

Re: Bolton Away
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 04:03:22 PM »
On BBC  saying that their next 2 home games are in doubt. We are their next home !

They have two home games before us. But have to play them behind closed doors. Bizarre.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2019, 07:17:12 PM »

Was just trying to work out how we'd be effected if Bolton went bust and couldn't fulfil the rest of the seasons fixtures. I'd guess if that happened then all points won against them would be wiped off across the board as no other way of doing it would be fair.

I was shit at maths at school so bear with me when i say these would be the points each team would lose from their current total.

Norwich lose 6 points
Leeds lose 6 points
Sheff Utd lose 6 points
West Brom lose 3 points
Villa lose 3 points
Derby lose 0 points
Bristol City lose 4 points
Boro lose 3 points
Forest lose 3 points
Preston lose 4 points
Sheff Weds lose 6 points

Which would mean as of now (before tonight's match)

Norwich 75
Leeds 70
Sheff Utd 68
West Brom 67
Derby 59
Villa 57
Boro 55
Bristol 54
Forest 54
Preston 53
Sheff Weds 50

Having typed all that I could've got it all completely billy bollocks of course

Online KRS

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2019, 07:28:31 PM »
Hopefully the football world won't allow Bolton (or any other club) to simply no longer exist. Has this happened previously to any other clubs in the top 4 divisions and is there any precedent for teams unable to complete their fixtures?

An alternative would be to award 3pts to each team scheduled to play them in the remaining games which is currently:

Ipswich
Boro
Derby
Villa
Blackburn
Brentford
Forest

This would have the minimal implications and impact upon previous games played and current league positions.

Online Richard

• GM : 08.06.2024
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2019, 07:40:13 PM »
There would be uproar if points were added or taken away just like that so I assume all will be done to get Bolton through to the end of the season.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2019, 07:47:43 PM »
Hopefully the football world won't allow Bolton (or any other club) to simply no longer exist. Has this happened previously to any other clubs in the top 4 divisions and is there any precedent for teams unable to complete their fixtures?

I think Maidstone United were the last league club to go under, loads in non league have gone.

Miadstone went at the start of the season, what usually happens if a club goes during a season is all their results are expunged. So if Bolton went it would be a 44 game season with any results involving them wiped from the records.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 07:50:28 PM by PeterWithesShin »

Online KRS

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2019, 07:48:18 PM »
I agree and hope so. You have to feel for Bolton fans, and as one of the founder members of the football league, it would be a travesty for Bolton to go under.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2019, 08:26:28 PM »
At least they have their love for Birmingham City to console them.

Even so, I hope their mess is sorted out soon.

Online Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2019, 11:28:46 PM »

I think Maidstone United were the last league club to go under, loads in non league have gone.

Miadstone went at the start of the season, what usually happens if a club goes during a season is all their results are expunged. So if Bolton went it would be a 44 game season with any results involving them wiped from the records.

That is what happened with Accrington Stanley in 1961/62.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2019, 12:33:12 AM »
At least they have their love for Birmingham City to c
At least they have their love for Birmingham City to console them.

How do you mean?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2019, 12:37:02 AM »
Thought I would write a few lines to you. Firstly, an explanation. I am a Bolton supporter and have been going to watch my team for at least 50 years now. We have seen all the so called big teams at Bolton during that time, and been lucky enough to beat a few of them as well. As I'm getting on a bit now I can say I've been to a good few away grounds and I have been to St Andrews on more than one occasion.

I have also been to Villa Park frequently as well. Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool, you name it I have been there at some point. I feel the main difference between Birmingham and Villa is the people. By that I mean Birmingham supporters on the whole come from within the City and are working class and that shows in the type of atmosphere they create. Villa supporters tend to come from outside the region as well because of their history.

It's so easy to support teams with a successful past like Man U up my way and Villa down yours. So when it was written in the stars that Birmingham needed to beat us or draw and rely on Leicester to beat Doncaster. It was no surprise to me the kind of delirium Birmingham fans would bring to our stadium.

But I have to say the support we witnessed that day was far and above anything I had seen before. To be two nil down and still passionately singing for your team is something else entirely. The noise and the famous anthem they sang was simply superb and I must admit it made me shiver a little. Absolutely fantastic what a set of fans exist at Birmingham, they certainly do not deserve be in the position they were in last Saturday.

Normally I would not care a jot if we were playing a side and it meant if we beat them they got relegated, because you normally finish where you deserve to be. The table never lies. But Saturday when Birmingham got the first I found myself inexplicably hoping the equaliser would come and we all knew the roof would come off the stadium if it did. I have to say you did leave it a little late.

The noise generated when that goal went in was something else and it will stay with me for a very long time. Because it is very rare you see fans in the position Birmingham were in giving their side the kind of backing they provided on Saturday. It took us ages to get to the motorway and we had a great time with Blues fans on the way. It was as if they had won the league, and I dread to think what they would be like if ever that happened.

I remember watching the League Cup Final between Birmingham and Arsenal and they said Blues fans were among the noisiest ever to visit the new Wembley stadium. Well by the evidence of last Saturday you can see why. It leaves me only to wish you all the best for the future and say the Championship would be worse off without Birmingham and its exceptional supporters. They of all sets of fans deserve a winning team and investment in their famous club. That club really is a sleeping giant in the true sense of the word. I think we kid ourselves at Bolton that we could be a future Giant. But at Birmingham you really do possess one the league's true potential giants.

All the Best

A Bolton Season Ticket Holder for many years.

Online KRS

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2019, 01:09:02 AM »
That knuckledragger has obviously got used to using spellchecker by writing Valentines and love letters to himself.

Online rougegorge

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2019, 01:32:13 PM »

That is what happened with Accrington Stanley in 1961/62.
Aldershot were the last league team to go bust during a season - March 1992. All results of the matches they had played were annulled.

Online Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2019, 01:35:31 PM »
Good God, what a load of shite from that Bolton fan.

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2019, 01:37:51 PM »
It just shows you can watch football for 50 years and still know fuck all about it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal