collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by N'ZMAV
[Today at 07:57:28 AM]

NSWE Investment by Clampy
[Today at 07:36:01 AM]

Ollie Watkins by stevo_st
[Today at 07:04:35 AM]

Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[April 26, 2024, 11:04:45 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by trinityoap
[April 26, 2024, 11:02:50 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Little help needed for Chris Nicholl  (Read 5432 times)

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Little help needed for Chris Nicholl
« on: February 20, 2019, 07:47:36 AM »
From his son:

"Guys, strange request for a favour, my Dad, Chris Nicholl (younger Villa fans might need to ask there Dad's who he was/is) is really suffering memorywise, so much so and this is no joke, he's forgotten where he parked his car outside of the ground somewhere. It's a dark gray jaguar with the licence plate B12 CJN.
He's driven round with the police a fair bit but to no avail!
If anyone spots it near the ground or in fact anywhere, would you be so kind as to let us know? He's a bit stingey in his old age but I'm sure a reward of some sort could be arranged!

Long shot I know but thanks to anyone willing to help an ex-Villa legend!
Much appreciated!"
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 08:37:25 AM by Legion »

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Chris Nicholl
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 07:57:42 AM »
If he has a smartphone he could use the timeline feature in maps to check where he had been?

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 08:00:20 AM »
If he's stingy, he may have eschewed being a smartphone-droid.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 08:18:22 AM »
You would think a former cup winning captain would have a space reserved in the North Stand car park...

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 08:20:13 AM »
Has he reported it stolen?  Great player, great guy but not the sharpest needle in the sewing box.  In case you think I am being over critical I frequently forget what car I am currently driving.  When I go to the races I tie a helium balloon to float above my car so I can find it in the car park.

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2019, 08:29:11 AM »
Eek Leeg, could you have made the thread title more specific - my heart sank when I saw it!!!

Offline colin69

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2019, 08:49:27 AM »
You would think a former cup winning captain would have a space reserved in the North Stand car park...

Absolutely....

Online N'ZMAV

Re: Little help needed for Chris Nicholl
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2019, 08:57:24 AM »
He's stingey but he's got a Jag, that doesn't make sense.

I hope he finds it :)

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2019, 09:30:59 AM »
Has he reported it stolen?  Great player, great guy but not the sharpest needle in the sewing box.  In case you think I am being over critical I frequently forget what car I am currently driving.  When I go to the races I tie a helium balloon to float above my car so I can find it in the car park.

Are we talking a type of balloon that festoons a kid's pram post Happy Meal (yeeesh), or a larger affair that lifts the car up a tad?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2019, 10:22:16 AM »
If it's a newish car, then he just needs the JLR app that tells you where the car is parked.  You can even make the alarm bleep and the lights flash.

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2019, 10:36:56 AM »
I have a re-occurring dream about not being able to locate my car having parked it previously. I have no idea why, I'm not into cars particularly and would never own one expensive enough to worry about.

The dream almost became reality a few weeks ago. Having done a very long day at work I went to fetch my car from the erm, rather opportunistic space that I had parked it in (in town) only to find a van in it's place. I stopped dead in my tracks on the other side of the road, trying to work out if I had parked somewhere else, if it had been nicked or removed by the council. After a 30 second panic/trying to work the situation out I took a couple of steps nearer to find the van had in fact parked up close to my car, hiding it from view. The sigh of relief was matched only by my utter embarrassment at having stood on the kerb looking like a twat.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2019, 11:55:05 AM »
About forty five years ago I left the jewellery quarter to head to Villa Park for a night game I parked in one of the side streets leaving a case of jewellery in the boot, after the game I walked to where I thought I had parked to realise I hadn't really taken enough notice of the surroundings. It took me a good hour to walk down every side street until most of the cars had left before I found it. I have always been very careful from then on about where I leave my car but I too have anxious dreams about not finding the car and always wake up in a foul mood. Good luck Chris.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2019, 12:04:54 PM »
I have a re-occurring dream about not being able to locate my car having parked it previously. I have no idea why, I'm not into cars particularly and would never own one expensive enough to worry about.

The dream almost became reality a few weeks ago. Having done a very long day at work I went to fetch my car from the erm, rather opportunistic space that I had parked it in (in town) only to find a van in it's place. I stopped dead in my tracks on the other side of the road, trying to work out if I had parked somewhere else, if it had been nicked or removed by the council. After a 30 second panic/trying to work the situation out I took a couple of steps nearer to find the van had in fact parked up close to my car, hiding it from view. The sigh of relief was matched only by my utter embarrassment at having stood on the kerb looking like a twat.

Years back I parked the silver Nissan Micra I had at the time in a supermarket car park in Acocks Green. I remembered that I had parked it next to a white transit van and easily located it when I came back to it with my shopping. When I jumped into the car I noticed some stuff I had left on the passenger seat was gone. I then noticed a big air freshener I didn't have hanging on the rear view mirror. It turned out my Micra was parked on the other side of the van and my key had allowed me to open and jump into someone else's car. When I went through a phase of owning sports cars they were always a nightmare to find in car parks as they were so low. When I drove an Audi Quattro estate with rails on the roof and later a high Vauxhaul Frontera with rails on top it was great as they stood out above most other vehicles in car parks.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2019, 12:27:02 PM »
Anyone wanna buy a Jaguar, private number plate but don’t let that put you off!

Sorry Chris, hope you find it. The wife probably has it.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2019, 08:07:10 AM »
When I started my first job I went out on a survey with the boss,  a larger than life bull of a man just demobbed from the Royal Navy.  He drove a big black Austin 16 saloon.  On the way back from the survey a car behind started honking and flashing him.  He drove faster.  The honking continued.  He drove faster.  My boss became angrier and angrier as we hurtled along.   "Brian" he commanded "take down his number" I obeyed. "What is it?"  "GON 120 Mr Satchwell"  "HIS number, not mine  you fool"  "That is his number Mr Satchwell".   Back in the day car keys were very similar with a very small range of patterns and black Austin 16s were very common on the streets of Brum.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal