collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Brentford v Aston Villa post match thread.  (Read 32383 times)

Offline stubbsyandy

Re: Brentford v Aston Villa post match thread.
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2019, 10:07:00 PM »
SHITE .... INCANDESCENT WITH RAGE

Online SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2019, 10:07:11 PM »
We are rubbish.

Simply can't impose our game on any decent team in this league.

Feels like we're in a dead end as a club. Really shouldn't be like this coming to the end of the third season in the championship.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2019, 10:07:19 PM »
Dean needs his own players in. Stupid to suggest yet another change of Manager. The players simply aren't good enough. Overpaid wasters most of them. We have to stick with DS.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2019, 10:08:28 PM »
I thought we actually defended OK tonight. It was the total lack of quality, guile, intelligence, creativity and pace going forward that was the problem.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2019, 10:08:30 PM »
After 50 years of going I have finally had enough. Fuck off Villa you are shit. You have been shit for years and you will be shit for years to come so just fuck off. I have had enough.

7 or 8 years of total and utter rubbish. Players who don’t give a toss or plainly aren’t good enough

Offline stubbsyandy

« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2019, 10:08:48 PM »
Dean needs his own players in. Stupid to suggest yet another change of Manager. The players simply aren't good enough. Overpaid wasters most of them. We have to stick with DS.
Evidence??? Please tell me there is a plan?

Offline stubbsyandy

« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2019, 10:09:45 PM »
I thought we actually defended OK tonight. It was the total lack of quality, guile, intelligence, creativity and pace going forward that was the problem.
Deluded..sorry but no one gets away with this one

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2019, 10:10:52 PM »
Elmo receives the ball wide and runs it out of play, no player near him. He’s done it before, what’s going on in his head?
Hutton receives the ball after 5 complete passes going backwards. Boots the ball marginally forward  for a throw in.

Just 2 incidents of play in a lot of incidents of play that shows this just isn’t good enough from individuals and team alike.
If that is you're way of sauing that we look uncomfortable on the ball then I completely agree, nobody looks in control of the ball at any point. Theres a video of me running down a mountain when I was a kid, i stumbl and frantically trh to gain my balance as my legs got lower and lower and finally give way, then i go face first into the grass, fuck myself up and cry. The few seconds from stumbling to being planted in the grass is exactly how Hause looks when he has the ball at his feet.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2019, 10:11:01 PM »

You missed some effort as well

Offline liam

« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2019, 10:11:52 PM »
Results last night and tonight go our way and we turn in a performance like that...we didn't touch the ball for the first 10 mins of the game and that set the tempo for the rest of the game. Typically the last 5 mins we looked more threatening than we had all night and then we let one in.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2019, 10:12:10 PM »
Another Classic to add to the ever growing pile of pathetic games 1 win in 13 now.  No doubt Smith will still be defended god knows why given what we are seeing because there isn't even a glimmer of hope of better things to come.

Do fuck off. Nobody needs your fucking gloating and happiness that we lost and suggestion it would have been better under Bruce. It's because of that wanker we are still in this pissing league in the first place and he's left the club full of cloggers and shit players.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2019, 10:12:32 PM »
Evidence??? Please tell me there is a plan?

So change the Manager again?? Same players for a new Manager, same results.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2019, 10:12:42 PM »
Deluded..sorry but no one gets away with this one
Sorry I think the same,it was like the Alamo and they got no respite at all, wave after wave of attack, there was nothing happening in front of them.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2019, 10:13:06 PM »
I think we played OK at the back in that we looked solid while inviting pressure (with inevitable consequences). But then we played lumbering defend first fullbacks and Glenn Whelan so I’d have been surprised if we hadn’t looked solid.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2019, 10:13:18 PM »
I thought the first half was just desperate. Don't know where to start

Actually thought we might go on and nick it in the last 20

The quality of passing and movement was just so, so bad. I'd say the players can't do it. But they were three months ago. I can't explain the level of drop off

I thought hause, hologram, el ghazi and green when he came on were just awful.

The level of rebuilding we need is scaring me to be honest. New CB,LB, at least 2 CMs, and an entire new front three

I really hope we've got some value for money signings lined up

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal