collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Reading v Hard to Beat Aston Villa Post Match Thread.  (Read 31938 times)

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
Re: Reading v Hard to Beat Aston Villa Post Match Thread.
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2019, 05:32:28 PM »
i use to be critical of Bruce waiting so long to make changes from the bench .It used to be around 70 minutes ,Smith seems to be even worse ,74 minutes today .Bringing on Jedinak instead of Davies when we needed to score also was the sort of decision Bruce use to make.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 05:35:41 PM by pooligan »

Offline berneboy

• John 3:16
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2019, 05:33:05 PM »
The defence looked more solid.
McMinn could have died from exhaustion.

Poor otherwise.
El Ghazi particularly disappointing.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2019, 05:33:54 PM »
Mings was good. First half was ok. Too cold to make sense of the second half. We have no midfield.

McGinn does the work of two players. Whelan and Hourihane offer nothing at all in support. Liabilities when covering and defending and nothing at all in attack. And if Hourihane isn't creating a goal or scoring there's not much else to his game.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2019, 05:34:44 PM »
Mings was good. First half was ok. Too cold to make sense of the second half. We have no midfield.

I hope you protected your vitals from the cruel north wind with thermal underwear, SE.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2019, 05:35:04 PM »
We keep crossing the ball but we never attack the box in numbers.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2019, 05:36:51 PM »

I hope you protected your vitals from the cruel north wind with thermal underwear, SE.

I did not. Now having a double double brandy in the Hilton Hotel because Reading.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2019, 05:37:34 PM »
Frustrating afternoon. Dominated save for a 20 minute spell first half and we were well on top all of the 2nd. We failed to use the territory we dominated though and the delivery wasn't good enough.

Positives

Mings. Looks a very good player. Decisive in his play, very strong and good in the air. Fancy him to compete with Sharp well.

Elphick. I didn't rate him, but since he's come back, I hold my hands up and credit him with looking good. I appreciate Reading created little, but we didn't gift them anything.

Pressing 2nd half was excellent.

Super John McGinn. He's brilliant.

I felt we looked more cohesively in the way we defended which we haven't all season.

Negatives

Whelan. An absolute waste of a shirt. So slow on and off the ball, lucky to be hooked as we was going to get himself sent off.

Hourihane. I don't think he offers enough. In fact first half.the midfield was far too deep and I struggle to see what he offers.

Adomah was very poor. Offers nothing. Wasted countless opportunities to put ball in the box. El Ghazi is in and out but at least he's a menace and put a lovely ball in for Tammy.

Crying out for Jack. 2 points dropped.

Offline mike

« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2019, 05:39:01 PM »
i use to be critical of Bruce waiting so long to make changes from the bench .It used to be around 70 minutes ,Smith seems to be even worse ,74 minutes today .Bringing on Jedinak instead of Davies when we needed to score also was the sort of decision Bruce use to make.

Fuck me, I didn’t know that. Is there any excuse or is it as shit as it sounds.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2019, 05:40:28 PM »
Piss poor. I’m starting to think that Smith is more very naughty boy than Messiah.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2019, 05:41:35 PM »

I did not. Now having a double double brandy in the Hilton Hotel because Reading.

Cognac would be your main man, but if the frost has penetrated the vitals it could well blight your efficiency.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2019, 05:42:27 PM »
Smith is fine. Some of our players are dangerously thick.

Offline KRS

« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2019, 05:42:55 PM »
The prospect of sitting in the cold watching another poor performance put me off going today...sounds like a good decision, but I’m not happy.

The fact that we’re still just 4pts outside the playoffs is the only blessing (even if they all have a game in hand). Like many others have said, I’m still at a loss as to how we’ve gone from looking like league winners to struggling to beat relegation candidates in a matter of weeks, and it’s hard to believe that it’s just due to injuries to Jack and Axel.

Not good enough from management to players.

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2019, 05:43:25 PM »
Frustrating afternoon. Dominated save for a 20 minute spell first half and we were well on top all of the 2nd. We failed to use the territory we dominated though and the delivery wasn't good enough.

Positives

Mings. Looks a very good player. Decisive in his play, very strong and good in the air. Fancy him to compete with Sharp well.

Elphick. I didn't rate him, but since he's come back, I hold my hands up and credit him with looking good. I appreciate Reading created little, but we didn't gift them anything.

Pressing 2nd half was excellent.

Super John McGinn. He's brilliant.

I felt we looked more cohesively in the way we defended which we haven't all season.

Negatives

Whelan. An absolute waste of a shirt. So slow on and off the ball, lucky to be hooked as we was going to get himself sent off.

Hourihane. I don't think he offers enough. In fact first half.the midfield was far too deep and I struggle to see what he offers.

Adomah was very poor. Offers nothing. Wasted countless opportunities to put ball in the box. El Ghazi is in and out but at least he's a menace and put a lovely ball in for Tammy.

Crying out for Jack. 2 points dropped.
Agree with your negatives. Pressing second half was poor though.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2019, 05:43:27 PM »
You didn't go because it was cold?

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2019, 05:45:21 PM »
Crowd is losing faith. Needs a big performance and soon or things will get ugly.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal