collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by Flamingo Lane
[Today at 12:56:46 PM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Demitri_C
[Today at 12:51:31 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 12:46:44 PM]

Happy Easter everyone - Wolves at home by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:46:19 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 12:42:22 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:23:44 PM]

Champions League Contention by AV82EC
[Today at 12:09:23 PM]

FFP by thick_mike
[Today at 10:19:47 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Flamingo Lane
[Today at 12:56:46 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Demitri_C
[Today at 12:51:31 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Ads
[Today at 12:48:46 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 12:46:44 PM]

Happy Easter everyone - Wolves at home by dave.woodhall
[Today at 12:46:19 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by devilla
[Today at 12:43:32 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 12:42:22 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Martyn Smith
[Today at 12:40:33 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 876899 times)

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
Re: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome
« Reply #4785 on: May 10, 2022, 10:40:49 PM »
I love Tyrone but if we want to be better, upgrade required, same with Hause and Konsa.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #4786 on: May 10, 2022, 10:52:33 PM »
He's been pretty solid last few months. Just one of those CBs who'll always have an error lurking in these types of games, seen it for last two years.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #4787 on: May 10, 2022, 11:18:25 PM »
He’s been excellent for a while, facing Mane, Jota and Diaz isn’t the easiest of games and they cause all sorts of problems. He’s better than Konsa though this season so I’m not sure what’s going to happen as we progress. Which one gets replaced first or is Konsa going to improve?

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #4788 on: May 10, 2022, 11:18:38 PM »
He slipped over, it happens. He hasn't made that many mistakes this season, Konsa will have made more. I am sure he will be disappointed.
I am not his biggest fan but agree with you. It happens and a couple of minutes earlier the world renowned Liverpool defenders were making  a mess of things as Luiz scored.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #4789 on: May 10, 2022, 11:50:39 PM »
He’s been excellent for a while, facing Mane, Jota and Diaz isn’t the easiest of games and they cause all sorts of problems. He’s better than Konsa though this season so I’m not sure what’s going to happen as we progress. Which one gets replaced first or is Konsa going to improve?

Konsa has a lot more ability and potential. He has demonstrated this in a Villa shirt to a level Mings will never reach. But Konsa is in a very poor run of form currently. He was rubbish v Burnley and very poor again tonight. The ball was his enemy tonight, you could just see he didn't want it at all. Pleading for frees constantly too.

Mings has had a solid season in fairness. But, one bad mistake can rattle him. So it was tonight. At fault for the first goal, beaten in the air by Mane to a header a few minutes later. A series of errors from both of them throughout including for their winner.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #4790 on: May 11, 2022, 06:35:54 AM »
When I got back last night - Dion Dublin on SKY said that we need an upgrade on our centre halves

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #4791 on: May 11, 2022, 09:00:49 AM »
Konsa has a lot more ability and potential. He has demonstrated this in a Villa shirt to a level Mings will never reach. But Konsa is in a very poor run of form currently. He was rubbish v Burnley and very poor again tonight. The ball was his enemy tonight, you could just see he didn't want it at all.
I think Konsa's confidence is shot through. Whether it's the arrival of Chambers or the inconsistency of those around him, or some other factor (or set of factors), he just seems to be flaky on the ball and hi decision-making has deteriorated.
I don't think he was rubbish against Burnley (yes, he made a couple of very avoidable errors) and he did okay vs L'pool (aside from  a couple of silly free kicks). We should certainly keep him and work with him to get him to his next level.
With Mings, you get what you see: enthusiasm, commitment, defensive bravery and the long lump up the left wing!!
I'd like to see both with a proper DMF before making any decisions about their role in Villa's progress.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #4792 on: May 11, 2022, 09:23:25 AM »
Konsa has a lot more ability and potential. He has demonstrated this in a Villa shirt to a level Mings will never reach. But Konsa is in a very poor run of form currently. He was rubbish v Burnley and very poor again tonight. The ball was his enemy tonight, you could just see he didn't want it at all.
I think Konsa's confidence is shot through. Whether it's the arrival of Chambers or the inconsistency of those around him, or some other factor (or set of factors), he just seems to be flaky on the ball and hi decision-making has deteriorated.
I don't think he was rubbish against Burnley (yes, he made a couple of very avoidable errors) and he did okay vs L'pool (aside from  a couple of silly free kicks). We should certainly keep him and work with him to get him to his next level.
With Mings, you get what you see: enthusiasm, commitment, defensive bravery and the long lump up the left wing!!
I'd like to see both with a proper DMF before making any decisions about their role in Villa's progress.

Is the correct answer. I’m less positive on Konsa even when he was playing well I still don’t see him being able to develop the distribution side to his game. But let’s see.

Offline Russ aka Big Nose

« Reply #4793 on: May 11, 2022, 12:37:47 PM »
Half the team seemed to be playing in slippers last night or the kitman forgot the studs for their boots.

Mings is better than Konsa, no question in my mind. Not only does Konsa not want the ball (even when in better form than now) he rarely covers for his CB partner - something that Mings does well.

Clearly some fans have made their minds up about both and that tends to inform their assessment of performances, i.e. either "not good enough" or "in a run of poor form but bags of potential". UTV

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #4794 on: May 11, 2022, 12:51:10 PM »
Half the team seemed to be playing in slippers last night or the kitman forgot the studs for their boots.

Mings is better than Konsa, no question in my mind. Not only does Konsa not want the ball (even when in better form than now) he rarely covers for his CB partner - something that Mings does well.

Clearly some fans have made their minds up about both and that tends to inform their assessment of performances, i.e. either "not good enough" or "in a run of poor form but bags of potential". UTV

This is driving me to despair.  It has to be the footwear/boots or whatever they have on their feet these days but all of them are slipping over at some point.  And what's all this excessive watering of the pitch at half time, it clearly doesn't help matters?

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #4795 on: May 11, 2022, 01:15:43 PM »

Is the correct answer. I’m less positive on Konsa even when he was playing well I still don’t see him being able to develop the distribution side to his game. But let’s see.

Some Twitter bot was throwing out stats recently that Konsa at Brentford was one of the most progressive passers of the ball in the championship. I think to be fair to both Konsa and Mings, a player at 6 comfortable taking the ball on the half turn off them would make their jobs easier. When that player is Nakamba or Chambers the last day, you can see why they would go long more often. But if Konsa is to progress, he needs to become a lot more assured stepping into midfield with the ball like both Liverpool CBs last night.

Offline supertom

« Reply #4796 on: May 11, 2022, 08:02:51 PM »
When I got back last night - Dion Dublin on SKY said that we need an upgrade on our centre halves
I'd say so. There's no room for sentiment when it comes to progressing. The defence is an issue. We seem to have full back sussed. It's that central triangle in front of Emi that needs addressing. That might be a top player to partner one of Mings/Konsa and potentially improve them. I think what we need is an organiser. Neither does that really. We need the next JT. I've always thought Mings would benefit from someone keeping his mind on it at all times.

One thing I'd like to see from Konsa is working on his temperament too. He gets frustrated and gives away silly fouls. We've seen him get sent off too. Mings to be honest has that reactive streak in him. You need some bite in your defenders, but they both need better discipline and composure.

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #4797 on: May 11, 2022, 10:22:13 PM »
I agree Tom, our full backs are really good.  Solid defensively and both offer a great deal going forward.  At times this season, our centre backs have been pulled all over the place and looked bloody awful.  I love Tyrone Mings and want him to stay, but perhaps as third choice rather than as first choice and Captain.  We simply cannot have centre backs who make silly mistakes every other game.  Perhaps they have reached a bit of a ceiling, not sure.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #4798 on: May 11, 2022, 10:29:06 PM »
Watched an interview with Mings on Pravda earlier. I'd forgotten how handsome he is.

Not gay or 'owt but...phwoar. Maybe a big manly hug would be enough.

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4799 on: May 19, 2022, 10:27:22 PM »
What a block

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal