collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by olaftab
[Today at 09:47:33 PM]

Diego Carlos by KevinGage
[Today at 09:42:35 PM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:40:37 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by itbrvilla
[Today at 09:40:18 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Gareth
[Today at 09:40:00 PM]

Ollie Watkins by Drummond
[Today at 09:20:21 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by algy
[Today at 09:18:36 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by AV84
[Today at 09:01:25 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by olaftab
[Today at 09:47:33 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AlexAlexCropley
[Today at 09:46:40 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Behind Bluenose Lines
[Today at 09:46:29 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 09:46:03 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:44:10 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:43:25 PM]

Re: Diego Carlos by KevinGage
[Today at 09:42:35 PM]

Re: Diego Carlos by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:41:54 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 891934 times)

Offline stubbsyandy

Re: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome
« Reply #4575 on: February 09, 2022, 10:50:32 PM »
I feel bad criticising his performances because he's such a nice guy.

Criticise but don’t damn him…he’s our heart
With A Fib
Fib???

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #4576 on: February 09, 2022, 10:53:22 PM »
I feel bad criticising his performances because he's such a nice guy.

Criticise but don’t damn him…he’s our heart
With A Fib
Fib???

I'm guessing 'Atrial Fibrillation' i.e. with an irregular heartbeat.

Offline Mellin

« Reply #4577 on: February 09, 2022, 10:53:45 PM »
At fault for two, not three, imo. There’s a good camera angle from behind the goal for the James header. Mings manages to muscle James out the way, but when Buendia flies in he actually pushes James’ head back toward the ball. James is just being ragdolled around and it happens to hit the top of his head and in.

Offline stubbsyandy

« Reply #4578 on: February 09, 2022, 10:55:53 PM »
At fault for two, not three, imo. There’s a good camera angle from behind the goal for the James header. Mings manages to muscle James out the way, but when Buendia flies in he actually pushes James’ head back toward the ball. James is just being ragdolled around and it happens to hit the top of his head and in.
Have you played football??

Offline Mellin

« Reply #4579 on: February 09, 2022, 10:56:45 PM »
I’m a centre half. Height matters less when you don’t have position. That’s why he has to lean on him.

Offline AGRIPPA

« Reply #4580 on: February 09, 2022, 10:57:09 PM »
I think a lot of it is that he has to think for the others….Konsa never wants the ball…hardly ever creates with it when he does have it…just gives it back to Mings….
Without Mings that defence is twice as bad as with him in it

Mings was at fault for all three goals. Mings is ok in games like Everton where the ball is being chucked into the box. Bielsa clearly targeted him tonight, let him have the ball and watch him run into trouble. Again and again and again.

Beaten by Daniel James in the air for the second! Our back four have no competition for their places really either. None of Young, Hause and Chambers are anywhere near the quality required to displace any of the back 4 regularly. That's a real problem.

Yup….that’s about it…he’s the best we have in his position( left side ch) and nothing to challenge him….when he got dropped by Smith wasn’t he great on his return??

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #4581 on: February 09, 2022, 10:58:09 PM »
I think a lot of it is that he has to think for the others….Konsa never wants the ball…hardly ever creates with it when he does have it…just gives it back to Mings….
Without Mings that defence is twice as bad as with him in it

Mings was at fault for all three goals. Mings is ok in games like Everton where the ball is being chucked into the box. Bielsa clearly targeted him tonight, let him have the ball and watch him run into trouble. Again and again and again.

Beaten by Daniel James in the air for the second! Our back four have no competition for their places really either. None of Young, Hause and Chambers are anywhere near the quality required to displace any of the back 4 regularly. That's a real problem.

Yup….that’s about it…he’s the best we have in his position( left side ch) and nothing to challenge him….when he got dropped by Smith wasn’t he great on his return??

Great in his own head maybe.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #4582 on: February 09, 2022, 11:02:04 PM »
And what about TM attacking forrays including his magic left wing displays , that he nearly scored 2 headers and that he brought ball forward several times and beats his players
I thought he was way better than Konsa who was mindless in what he did to be sent off

Not to mention Ty had to put up with Leeds abusing him and would have liked far more support for him.
The man plays his own game he should be appluaded and lauded .

Buendia was ruining things all night by messing up passes and poor final balls he capped it off by barging James and Mings for the James 'header'

Mings is first on team sheet leader and inspiration to all. And the Leeds fans should be ashamed of themselves

Offline Randy Gurner

« Reply #4583 on: February 09, 2022, 11:15:17 PM »
And what about TM attacking forrays including his magic left wing displays , that he nearly scored 2 headers and that he brought ball forward several times and beats his players
I thought he was way better than Konsa who was mindless in what he did to be sent off

Not to mention Ty had to put up with Leeds abusing him and would have liked far more support for him.

Buendia was ruining things all night by messing up passes and poor final balls he capped it off by barging James and Mings for the James 'header'

Mings is first on team sheet leader and inspiration to all. And the Leeds fans should be ashamed of themselves

Mings is first on the team sheet at Cheltenham Town at a push. He’s the weakest link and has been for a long time

Offline stubbsyandy

« Reply #4584 on: February 09, 2022, 11:20:26 PM »

Mings is first on the team sheet at Cheltenham Town at a push. He’s the weakest link and
 has been for a long time
Silly

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #4585 on: February 09, 2022, 11:21:18 PM »
He was a factor in the first 2 goals but for me they were more on Konsa. The third one was on him albeit it should it took a shite deflection on the way in.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #4586 on: February 09, 2022, 11:26:11 PM »

Mings is first on the team sheet at Cheltenham Town at a push. He’s the weakest link and has been for a long time

You're as bad as those leeds lot. He's a very solid and tidy player. He actually under appreciated because of the way he plays the game I think people aren't liking his playing on his own game and get impatient with him.
Mings clearly carries responsibility of other players and the team and takes on extra pressure. Unfair to make comments that he's lower league player as he more than shown he's international player I think getting behind him help his confidence rather than nit pick his small errors

Offline Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
« Reply #4587 on: February 10, 2022, 12:02:08 AM »
I’m clearly in the minority. First goal, yes it got caught under his feet and then once played into the area it was a good finish. 2nd goal he could have done a bit better but another of our players came in at the back post to try and help out and seemed to cause more problems than solve. 3rd goal, I’m presuming Mings is getting the blame for not clearing the ball fully and it rebounding to the scorer? Think it was Mings but hard to see from the other end but what’s he supposed to do as I thought he was off balance when  clearing the ball.

Thought he made some decent clearances and started a few attacks with some good forays into the oppo’s half. I thought there were a few other who were worse yet Mings appears to be getting the most criticism.

It’s been proven many times that we’re poorer without him.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #4588 on: February 10, 2022, 12:07:55 AM »
I’m clearly in the minority. First goal, yes it got caught under his feet and then once played into the area it was a good finish. 2nd goal he could have done a bit better but another of our players came in at the back post to try and help out and seemed to cause more problems than solve. 3rd goal, I’m presuming Mings is getting the blame for not clearing the ball fully and it rebounding to the scorer? Think it was Mings but hard to see from the other end but what’s he supposed to do as I thought he was off balance when  clearing the ball.

Thought he made some decent clearances and started a few attacks with some good forays into the oppo’s half. I thought there were a few other who were worse yet Mings appears to be getting the most criticism.

It’s been proven many times that we’re poorer without him.

I’d agree with that but add collectively we defended poor all night as a unit. We really did let in three terrible goals. It was a very bonkers game.

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #4589 on: February 10, 2022, 12:10:14 AM »
Personally, I think he gets unduly criticised - Any mistake he makes is magnified way more than any other player.

Half the problem is that there is no protection of the defence with such a lightweight midfield in front of them.

McGinn, Luiz and Watkins were far worse tonight imo, but I don’t hear as many ‘fans’ ripping into them?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal