collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome  (Read 890824 times)

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
Re: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome
« Reply #3885 on: July 14, 2021, 02:00:01 PM »
The liar lied again as well, claiming that he did condemn the booing. The speaker didn't intervene of course and the lie is left to hang and be accepted as truth by his idiot supporters.

And his reply to the Home Secretaries responses last month is "she is racially abused you know". Surely it makes her responses even worse if she doesn't defend other peoples actions to bring it to the fore but hides away under "gesture politics" like pretending to watch football matches in an England Shirt. 

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #3886 on: July 14, 2021, 02:03:12 PM »
The liar lied again as well, claiming that he did condemn the booing. The speaker didn't intervene of course and the lie is left to hang and be accepted as truth by his idiot supporters.

Johnson initially totally refused to condemn booing spokesman saying he was "more focussed on action than gestures" but then after being rounded upon later conveniently said it was "totally wrong" to boo the team, so he can say what he said today.

I was with Ugandan diaspora socially yesterday, Caribbean/black British/African colleagues at work.
The terrible sadness of knowing if a pen was missed by a black payer what was coming.
How on earth have we ended up with an indubitably racist prime minister?

In case anyone has forgotten water melon smiles, the problem of the end of colonial control, aids-ridden choristers, flag-waving piccanninies https://edition.cnn.com/2019/07/23/africa/boris-johnson-africa-intl/index.html
and of course the letter boxes/bank robber burka stuff, bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-57829412

Oh and of course being a proven repeated liar, and entertaining the idea of facilitating a violent attack on a journalist by a 'friend'. https://youtu.be/p8JMtYlzzoM

"you're a nasty piece of work aren't you?"

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #3887 on: July 14, 2021, 02:42:40 PM »
 :(

Offline astonvilla82

« Reply #3888 on: July 14, 2021, 02:55:58 PM »
Mother was from Northern Ireland and she only had praise for England in terms of work and education for her and her children, because back home we would not have the opportunities that England gave us, yes they always call it home and am sure many immigrants would have felt the same especially among the West Indian community, how the hell did we end up in this shit show

Offline Hockley Lion

• GM : 24.05.2022
« Reply #3889 on: July 14, 2021, 03:14:51 PM »
Plans for a Downing St reception for the team have apparently been "shelved".

Hopefully they told the lying racist where to go.

Ha, Boris running scared.

Don’t think I’ve ever admired a Villa player as much as I do Tyrone.

Possibly "shelved" it because certain members of the squad would've refused to attend causing huge embarrassment.

Online jwarry

« Reply #3890 on: July 14, 2021, 03:24:38 PM »
Plans for a Downing St reception for the team have apparently been "shelved".

Hopefully they told the lying racist where to go.

Ha, Boris running scared.

Don’t think I’ve ever admired a Villa player as much as I do Tyrone.

Possibly "shelved" it because certain members of the squad would've refused to attend causing huge embarrassment.

Exactly.  If nothing else this England team have changed something which is actually better than winning the Euros.  And Ty is the leader ❤️

Offline p_ad

« Reply #3891 on: July 14, 2021, 03:38:52 PM »
Agreed, it's great that the England team is leading and calling out social and racial injustice, looks like the goverment will need to find some other bandwagon

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #3892 on: July 14, 2021, 03:42:42 PM »
Online racist abusers to be banned from attending matches.

Yes, I’m sure all of the ****** who post their racist shit attend games

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #3893 on: July 14, 2021, 03:48:24 PM »

It was just a headline grabbing load of old shit for the Liar to say at PMQ's.

The Tories are in a hole of their own making having to pander to the very people that they are now claiming they will clamp down on. Online, at the match or wherever, they need to look closer to home first, as the incumbent party in power they must lead by example but having built that power by appealing to peoples base instinct, occupying the territory of the NF/BNP and UKIP, what do they do? We knew the answer before the election and we know the answer now. They will do whatever it takes.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #3894 on: July 14, 2021, 03:50:43 PM »
Occupying the territory of the NF. Have a day off Nev, eh?

Offline German James

• The Limpets
  • GM : 13.02.2025
« Reply #3895 on: July 14, 2021, 03:55:33 PM »
Not "occupying the territory", but certainly making themselves an attractive option for supporters of those groups.

Online Ducksworthy

• GM : 20.02.2025
« Reply #3896 on: July 14, 2021, 04:04:04 PM »

I mean, can you honestly say this is a recognisably Tory government? They’re a hard right parody of themselves now - even John Major has been distancing himself from them in the last few days. They’re going down an increasingly dark road and seemingly don’t even care to hide it anymore.

But this is the Tyrone Mings thread so I’ll leave it there and say how thoroughly proud I am of him - consistently eloquent, thoughtful and a leader.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #3897 on: July 14, 2021, 04:48:22 PM »

It was just a headline grabbing load of old shit for the Liar to say at PMQ's.

Definitely "gesture politics" from the PM there. Does it only have to be online racist abuse of footballers for that to happen? What happens when it is sexual or homophobic abuse? How about if it is somebody racially abusing someone not in Football but who still goes to matches?

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #3898 on: July 14, 2021, 05:49:57 PM »

I saw your response Risso before Nev's comment, so was expecting something out of order, but what Nev has written is pretty measured.

I truly wish we could pick him up on stuff like the Prime Minster not being a (renown) liar, there is more bizarre stuff out there around his relationship with speaking the truth. I think the fact he is widely recognised to have (repeatedly) made racist comments is also beyond discussion. Links to all of this above.

It's 30years ago, but not closing down a school friend keen to dole out violence?

"On the taped call, Guppy tells Johnson he wants to scare Collier by getting heavies to give him “a couple of black eyes” and a “cracked rib”. Appearing to indicate he is happy to help supply Collier’s address, Johnson is heard saying at the end of the call: “OK, Darry, I said I’ll do it. I’ll do it, don’t worry.”

even if he was humouring him - which is a very convenient defence I'm not sure I believe - what sort of person doesn't challenge
 an allegedly distressed friend's plans to beat up a journalist, instead at least says that?
I'd never read of the journalist's fear for his young child and wife till i just saw this now
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jul/14/black-eyes-boris-johnson-plot-attack-reporter-darius-guppy

I think the distinction between occupying far right territory and attracting their supporters, in this well publicised context is minimal.

I know we come from different places politically Risso, but the reality is there are many traditional conservatives deeply uncomfortable with the leaderships gesture politics, precisely because of attracting those that used to need to go to extreme parties.

This is the leadership of our country today.
This is the context in which an Aston Villa central defender has to (eloquently) call out the hypocrisy of the Home Secretary. It could have been the PM.

(also, not aimed at you Risso, lets save the football isn't/shouldn't be political argument, save me digging up the Villa in Nazi germany refusing the salute news clipping eh?)

Online jwarry

« Reply #3899 on: July 14, 2021, 06:38:22 PM »
Tyrone for Prime Minister 🙌

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal