collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[April 28, 2024, 11:47:33 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[April 28, 2024, 11:20:28 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[April 28, 2024, 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[April 28, 2024, 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[April 28, 2024, 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[April 28, 2024, 11:07:30 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[April 28, 2024, 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[April 28, 2024, 10:54:37 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[April 28, 2024, 11:47:33 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Skerra
[April 28, 2024, 11:28:45 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[April 28, 2024, 11:20:28 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[April 28, 2024, 11:19:47 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Toronto Villa
[April 28, 2024, 11:16:07 PM]

Re: Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[April 28, 2024, 11:15:52 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by VillaTim
[April 28, 2024, 11:14:59 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Rudy Can't Fail
[April 28, 2024, 11:14:18 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Reading vs Aston Villa: Pre-Match Thread  (Read 14524 times)

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
Re: Reading vs Aston Villa: Pre-Match Thread
« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2019, 10:43:59 PM »
Yep Reading is a shithole for sure. Been staying down here on Kennet Island (apartment is very nice) for work over the last year, and can’t wait to move back home next week.

Anyways, still no sign of any more snow so shouldn’t be any issues with the game being on. Reading are shite, we’re better and we need 3pts...let it be so.

I live not too far away and wouldn't say Reading is a shit hole. Like most big towns it has it's good points and bad....the footy ground being bad, a flat-pack stadium in a business park on the edge of town. The Grey Friar just down the hill from the Station is good ale pub.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2019, 10:54:10 PM »
Yep Reading is a shithole for sure. Been staying down here on Kennet Island (apartment is very nice) for work over the last year, and can’t wait to move back home next week.

Anyways, still no sign of any more snow so shouldn’t be any issues with the game being on. Reading are shite, we’re better and we need 3pts...let it be so.

I live not too far away and wouldn't say Reading is a shit hole. Like most big towns it has it's good points and bad....the footy ground being bad, a flat-pack stadium in a business park on the edge of town. The Grey Friar just down the hill from the Station is good ale pub.

I think its reputation suffers because it's so close to London, and because it has all those blue chip companies based there. I will get there by train tomorrow and will arrive in the city (it is a city, tight?) centre in less than an hour after I close my front door. The first time I went there for work I expected it to have basically the same atmosphere as a London suburb like, say, Watford or Uxbridge and places like that do. But it's very much a small provincial city (or big provincial town!) so it feels weird that all those global firms have their British HQs there.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2019, 11:13:18 PM »
interesting selection for Smith, by his comments its likely Mings will come in for Chester.

Lottery for who the two full backs will be but I sincerely hope Taylor isnt one

--------------Kalinic
Elmo, Elphick, Mings, Hutton/Hause
---------------Carroll
Adamoah, McGinn, Hourihane, El Ghazi
--------------Abraham

Chester, Jedinak, Green and Lansbury all out injured?

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2019, 11:18:36 PM »

I think its reputation suffers because it's so close to London, and because it has all those blue chip companies based there. I will get there by train tomorrow and will arrive in the city (it is a city, tight?) centre in less than an hour after I close my front door. The first time I went there for work I expected it to have basically the same atmosphere as a London suburb like, say, Watford or Uxbridge and places like that do. But it's very much a small provincial city (or big provincial town!) so it feels weird that all those global firms have their British HQs there.

I used to be dragooned to attend the MicroSludge Facility there. They had some kind of hawk to attack the pigeons and it would often crash into the window in a misdirected swoop.

Earlier in my "career", I was dispatched to Basingstoke (IBM) and Milton Keynes(Unisys) on a regular basis. Ghastly doesn't begin to describe mental anguish inflicted.

Offline KRS

« Reply #79 on: February 01, 2019, 11:42:01 PM »

The town centre high street and river area around the Oracle is pleasant enough, but the road network is extremely poor with badly designed junctions, one way systems, bus lane traps and is poorly lit. I’m not a fan of the place...but the most important thing is a good performance and 3pts tomorrow.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #80 on: February 02, 2019, 07:30:43 AM »
I really dislike reading town centre. I think it's ugly and boring

Back to the game, and surely it will be 4231 again, with the same midfield three as last time. First time in ages our midfield has worked. I know it was only Ipswich but I think we look more solid with two in there. Mcginn looked good as a ten and you don't end up with either whelan or hourihane as an attacking mid which they're not very good at

Mings will surely start and maybe hause for taylor too

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #81 on: February 02, 2019, 08:20:43 AM »

I used to be dragooned to attend the MicroSludge Facility there. They had some kind of hawk to attack the pigeons and it would often crash into the window in a misdirected swoop.

Earlier in my "career", I was dispatched to Basingstoke (IBM) and Milton Keynes(Unisys) on a regular basis. Ghastly doesn't begin to describe mental anguish inflicted.

I spent a bit of time at the Unisys offices at Fox Milne in Milton Keynes for meetings and training courses in the mid 90s. I do remember we used to walk to a pub in Milton Keynes village with a thatched roof that had Morris dancers outside the one time we were there. Seemed a world away from the ring roads and blandness of the rest of the place.

I’m expecting a good performance today, new signings even if they don’t all start immediately put pressure on others to earn their places.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #82 on: February 02, 2019, 09:16:33 AM »
Like a few have said, let's hope the new faces help freshen things up a bit but hopefully we can take last weeks result into today and start another run. I'll go 1-3. Abraham, Adomah and Hourihane.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #83 on: February 02, 2019, 09:21:13 AM »
FIFA predicts yet another Desmond.We battle back with a Kodjia brace after conceding twice in the first half from appallingly defended corners. Reading’s second goal is especially bad.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #84 on: February 02, 2019, 09:47:08 AM »
Reading is a dump and has the biggest private housing estate in Europe which is , also swinger central.
So it’s a car keys in the middle, Cant fail to score and  lots of fumbling around.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #85 on: February 02, 2019, 10:04:31 AM »
The family of one of my ex fiances lived in Hungerford. Going to Reading was classed as a big night out. When you live in Hungerford a trip to Reading is like someone in one of those American towns with a population of fifty people that The A - Team liberate visiting New York.

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #86 on: February 02, 2019, 10:13:44 AM »

The town centre high street and river area around the Oracle is pleasant enough, but the road network is extremely poor with badly designed junctions, one way systems, bus lane traps and is poorly lit. I’m not a fan of the place...but the most important thing is a good performance and 3pts tomorrow.

Amen to that

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #87 on: February 02, 2019, 10:29:04 AM »
Come on Villa boys 3 points today please! Lets make today the 2nd in a long winning sequence of wins to stamp our authority on this league! UTV

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #88 on: February 02, 2019, 10:39:20 AM »
The family of one of my ex fiances lived in Hungerford. Going to Reading was classed as a big night out. When you live in Hungerford a trip to Reading is like someone in one of those American towns with a population of fifty people that The A - Team liberate visiting New York.

How many ex-fiances have you got, you old dog?!

Offline Damo70

« Reply #89 on: February 02, 2019, 10:43:29 AM »

How many ex-fiances have you got, you old dog?!

Three. Number one cheated on me, number two was batshit crazy and number three I knocked on the head as I got fed up travelling to Essex every weekend. It was fourth time lucky as I have been married to fiance number four for twenty years. Mainly do to the fact I was fed up of spending too much money on engagement rings!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal