collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by N'ZMAV
[Today at 07:57:28 AM]

NSWE Investment by Clampy
[Today at 07:36:01 AM]

Ollie Watkins by stevo_st
[Today at 07:04:35 AM]

Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[April 26, 2024, 11:04:45 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by trinityoap
[April 26, 2024, 11:02:50 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs Hull City: Pre-Match Thread  (Read 14822 times)

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Re: Aston Villa vs Hull City: Pre-Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2019, 08:59:08 PM »
Villa win, 2-0.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2019, 09:29:45 PM »
It demonstrates that people are expecting something unique and completely out of kilter with anything else in the past 101 years.

They're a poor side on a good run. See Bristol City. This league is mental for things like that.

We're utterly lopsided but I'm hopeful of a response as, 6 points from 6 games isn't good enough.

I think we're far more likely to put 3 on them myself. Looking forward to it as ever anyway.

If Hull are a poor side, what does that make us?

They've won 6 of the last 7 games, conceding only 5 goals,  including winning 2-0 at Leeds and putting six past Bolton.

What relevance does what happened in the last 101 years have to this fixture?

I don't get this misplaced arrogance.

Its not arrogance. Football fits patterns.

Why could 4th placed Aston Villa, cup winners, FA Cup semi-finalists go to Maine Road and be as shit as we were the year before in the FA Cup with Kinkladze doing us and Walsh before. And for as long as I can remember, even before they became exceptional in 2011? Unless Nicky Weaver was pissed and Pearce had them scoring 10 goals at home in a season.

Why are we, with minor exceptions always poor in Leciester? No matter how good or bad we are, we're desperate on Tyneside, Greater Manchester and Craven Cottage. Countless teams, generation of players and managers. By and large, crap. Yet we always, always, always do Boro.

I think Hull are a poor side because I've seen them. They're poor. So are Boro, it's a poor league.

I've said what we are; lopsided to the point of parody. We're like the Black Knight sans his arms. We have one of the best attacks in the league, it's why we've scored the second highest amount of goals and well capable of booting sides. But we have no defence and the reasons have been done else where, so we're powerless to stop blows reigning in. That's why we're mid-table. For now.

As for arrogance. Why? There's some meek Brummies on here where self belief is a dirty concept. You shouldn't walk onto a pitch respecting your opponent; Bielsa proved that. No respect for the opposition, but instead complete understanding and suddenly a circus club are not such a joke any longer. Knowledge, effort, belief. Don't respect Hull and their run, fuck that. Understand what they've done and meet their confidence and beat them or bleed trying.

Offline Fred Crump

« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2019, 09:38:26 PM »
It demonstrates that people are expecting something unique and completely out of kilter with anything else in the past 101 years.

They're a poor side on a good run. See Bristol City. This league is mental for things like that.

We're utterly lopsided but I'm hopeful of a response as, 6 points from 6 games isn't good enough.

I think we're far more likely to put 3 on them myself. Looking forward to it as ever anyway.

They've won 6 of the last 7 games, conceding only 5 goals,  including winning 2-0 at Leeds and putting six past Bolton.

Why could 4th placed Aston Villa, cup winners, FA Cup semi-finalists go to Maine Road and be as shit as we were the year before in the FA Cup with Kinkladze doing us and Walsh before. And for as long as I can remember, even before they became exceptional in 2011? Unless Nicky Weaver was pissed and Pearce had them scoring 10 goals at home in a season.

Why are we, with minor exceptions always poor in Leciester? No matter how good or bad we are, we're desperate on Tyneside, Greater Manchester and Craven Cottage. Countless teams, generation of players and managers. By and large, crap. Yet we always, always, always do Boro.

I think Hull are a poor side because I've seen them. They're poor. So are Boro, it's a poor league.

I've said what we are; lopsided to the point of parody. We're like the Black Knight sans his arms. We have one of the best attacks in the league, it's why we've scored the second highest amount of goals and well capable of booting sides. But we have no defence and the reasons have been done else where, so we're powerless to stop blows reigning in. That's why we're mid-table. For now.

As for arrogance. Why? There's some meek Brummies on here where self belief is a dirty concept. You shouldn't walk onto a pitch respecting your opponent; Bielsa proved that. No respect for the opposition, but instead complete understanding and suddenly a circus club are not such a joke any longer. Knowledge, effort, belief. Don't respect Hull and their run, fuck that. Understand what they've done and meet their confidence and beat them or bleed trying.

Ads, as a meek Brummie, respect Sir, that's positively Shakesperean! Love it :) !! I for one will be walking into the Trinity with more confidence on Saturday as a result of your pep talk  - you're right - lets f*ck the f*ckers !!! UTV

Offline Behind Bluenose Lines

• Location: Hanging on in Quiet Desperation During a Global Pandemic
  • GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2019, 09:42:18 PM »
Just win Villa. For a pleasant change, if nothing else!

Offline Allan C

« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2019, 11:49:55 PM »
3-0 Villa for me, I’m with Ads  Hull are a poor side on a good run. Despite our recent downturn I think someone somewhere is gonna get the backlash and it might as well be Hull

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2019, 08:57:58 AM »
I remember thinking Bowen looked a player in our first home game of last season when Gabby scored and Green couldn't head properly. Feels a lifetime ago but the Hull boy has really come into his own and I wince thinking of him running the show while Hourihane and old man Whelan wheeze in his wake.

We'll score a couple of belters but as ever, our soft-centre will undo us and it's another 2-2.

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2019, 09:12:06 AM »
Having just read the post about ages of our squad I’m just wondering if our squad can actually reproduce our high intensity game week in week out. I’ve been critical in past few weeks but now believe that DS does need and has been given the time to change the make up of the squad and will have to accept that we may be in championship for the next few years.
I just hope that the 11 picked every week for the rest of the season do the best they possibly can.....I’m sure they’re being paid enough to do so

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2019, 09:32:12 AM »
Really need to find a win here. Really need to sort the midfield out and find a blend which will stop teams passing through us, while we create chances, Lord knows what that is though. Our wide players really need to turn up tomorrow.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2019, 09:35:25 AM »

When I've got some time on my hands, I'm going to do a post called "Mystic Ads Predicts" because with all the genuine respect and admiration in the world, nothing you ever say ever comes right! 😉😘

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2019, 09:55:47 AM »
Feel free to come and rub my face in it when Hull beat us 3-0.

The post you've quoted isn't a prediction.

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2019, 10:43:53 AM »
Sadly think this has a draw written all over it.  1-1.  Tammy to score ours.

Offline Dr Butler

• GM : 10.08.2022
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2019, 11:22:00 AM »
need a good response from the team after last Saturdays poor showing...and if we can keep that elusive clean sheet then 2 nil to the Villa

if not then 3-2 Villa

UTV
The Doc

Offline Dr_Fegg

• GM : 09.08.2015
« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2019, 12:58:14 PM »
would have been nice to have a new signing for a lift

Rico Henry or someone . . . CM  or a LB  ..   But of course it will be Taylor and probably Whelan starting , wouldnt be suprised If he brings Elmo in .. 

No idea what the score will be , might wait until 30 mins before the game .

We have to win to keep close to the play offs. .

Can’t understand how DS keeps saying Jesus is really busy and we concentrate on signing another keeper and go into another game weekend without further improvements / signings on the pitch

I thought Jesus traditionally took time off between Christmas and Easter. Although he should be good at picking a goalkeeper who knows about saving and crosses.

And the winner of H&V quote of the year goes to.....truly outstanding (applause emoticon which wont post)

Offline achilles

« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2019, 01:04:56 PM »
We really have to stop saying that Hull are crap, they have won their last six games, any team doing that deserves respect!

I went to Wigan last week absolutely full of optimism to the extent of having a good bet on us beating them, I couldn't see any other result!
We totally and utterly capitulated to the extent of not even having one shot on target!
I was totally shocked at what I had just witnessed as I thought those days were over.

Anyway, apparently there has been a positive reaction (I thought we supposedly had that after the Swansea debacle) but I just don't believe that you can go from one extreme to another in just a week, however I hope to be surprised but my expectations are currently very low.

P.S. Hopefully you are right and I am wrong, Ads! UTV

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2019, 02:00:04 PM »
Mystic Clampy predicts a 2-2 draw. We will go a goal up, Hull will go 2-1 up, their fans will do that Mauled by the Tigers malarkey, then we'll equalise. Mcginn will be man of the match. Maybe.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal