collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Characters  (Read 5578 times)

Offline markshannon

Characters
« on: December 27, 2018, 04:14:03 AM »
now living in Shanghai, dont get chance to visit my beloved villa much.
i remember the many characters that use to frequent the Villa, i wonder how many are about nowadays.

1.The villa Werewolf (used to wear some crazy outfits and used to see him at many away games)

2.Reg Thacker - he used to sell old villa programmes and memorabilia

3.Tarzan - The Crazy Tarzan roar from the Holte end

4.Pete the Greek -(headbutted a horse allegedly)

5.Some Crazy Bloke selling H&V outside Witton road -( only joking dave)

any others?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Characters
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 07:11:13 AM »
Jesus Dave.

Offline Scratchins

• GM : 19.11.2024
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2018, 08:00:00 AM »
The fellow who was known as werewolf frequently travels on coach 2 with a carer.

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2018, 08:48:53 AM »
Werewolf stopped going down the Villa and started following Small Heath home and away for a few years but has now switched back to Villa again and can regularly be spotted at games.

My mate saw Pete the Greek the other week before Albion away but wasn’t sure if he was actually going to the match.

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2018, 08:52:56 AM »
When I remember Tarzan it’s always Old Trafford 1989 (?) with about 8,000 of us locked in after the match singing ‘Tarzan give us a song’. Cue the loudest Tarzan roar you’ve ever heard echoing round the otherwise empty stadium.

Offline WassallVillain

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2018, 09:04:12 AM »
Werewolf stopped going down the Villa and started following Small Heath home and away for a few years but has now switched back to Villa again and can regularly be spotted at games

He now sits in block M lower Doug Eliis.

Online luke95

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2018, 09:28:49 AM »
Jesus Dave.

If he's who I think he is I seen him before the Leeds game walking out of Aston Park .
Not seen him for yrs before that but I no longer travel away where I used to see him every week near enough during the late 80s90s

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2018, 11:22:33 AM »
I still see that bloke who wears a cricket jumper to every away match

don't know who he is and I've mentioned him before, me and my lads look out for him whenever we go away,
never spoke to him but it's not a proper away day unless we see him

never not seen him yet

Offline Fasth56

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2018, 11:30:30 AM »

don't know who he is and I've mentioned him before, me and my lads look out for him whenever we go away,

never not seen him yet
Saw him on TV in the front row at Swansea yesterday and said to my wife that I always see him at away games when I travel.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2018, 11:33:56 AM »

never not seen him yet

I saw him for the first time in a long while at a home game on Boxing Day, although he's always spotted at aways. 

As for Jesus Dave, it's been said before that nobody ever sees him travelling to a match, he's just either in a pub or in the ground. He could be at a night match that ends at 9.40, there at the final whistle, the station is two miles away and he'll be on the 21.55 train.   
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 11:41:49 AM by dave.woodhall »

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2018, 01:45:53 PM »
I saw Werewolf a few times this season and Cricket Jumper I have seen him in the Lower Holte this season a few times.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2018, 01:53:24 PM »
I used to see Werewolf regularly at away games but I think I only actually bumped into him once at Villa Park. A couple of years back my wife asked me if I knew a Villa fan who was known as Tarzan. I said I didn't know him personally but that I knew of him. It turned out my wife worked with Tarzan's sister.

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2018, 01:59:40 PM »
I used to see Werewolf regularly at away games but I think I only actually bumped into him once at Villa Park. A couple of years back my wife asked me if I knew a Villa fan who was known as Tarzan. I said I didn't know him personally but that I knew of him. It turned out my wife worked with Tarzan's sister.
Jane?

Offline Damo70

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2018, 02:03:46 PM »
Jane?

I never thought to ask. I will see if my wife remembers his sister's name and obviously it would be great if it happened to be Jane. I doubt though if she would have any clue to Tarzan's real name.

Offline dicedlam

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2018, 02:12:16 PM »
Jane?

I never thought to ask. I will see if my wife remembers his sister's name and obviously it would be great if it happened to be Jane. I doubt though if she would have any clue to Tarzan's real name.

*edited - just reread the post. Doh!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 02:14:29 PM by dicedlam »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal