collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Cheating Bastards vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 34494 times)

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
Re: Cheating Bastards vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #255 on: December 09, 2018, 01:04:17 PM »
We should have been out of sight by the time of their second "goal". Abraham missed 3 great chances.

Also, Nyland should have either claimed that cross or cleared it. He's a liability. The real villains for me though are the officials, especially the twat linesman who should have seen the handball.

Agree that we should have been out of sight, but one of the things we are going to have to do if we are going to go on the type of run we need to to be challenging for automatic promotion is to have the ability to close out tight games.  I didn't think we managed the closing staged of the game very well and were not exactly helped by Kodjia who kept giving the ball away and then didn't track back well for the goal.
Good point about Kodija, if there is a phrase that describes opposite of a Team player, it would fit Kodija perfectly.

Offline Comrade Blitz

• GM : 25.05.2019
« Reply #256 on: December 09, 2018, 01:10:58 PM »
Good point about Kodija, if there is a phrase that describes opposite of a Team player, it would fit Kodija perfectly.

Absolutely. When he's on the pitch he seems to be involved in a different match than the rest of the side

Offline Pvb1968

« Reply #257 on: December 09, 2018, 05:10:19 PM »
Snob.  ;)

I know what you mean about Parkinson back in the day, Newby. Real legends like Richard Burton & Muhammad Ali: it's the Modern Dumbing Down of Showbiz for you.

Depressing, isn't it?
Depressing sums it up perfectly.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #258 on: December 09, 2018, 05:19:10 PM »
Quote from: Newby link=topic=59225.msg3520711#
msg3520711 date=1544224564
Miley Cyrus is fucking ugly.  She looks like a snake.  Sorry, watching the Graham Norton show whilst I type!  Up the Villa. 
Harsh. Nearly 16.5m You Tube views in ten days would suggest you're in the minority  ;)
Graham Norton, what a truly awful host of a show. I loved watching parkinson interview real superstars without trying to be funny every three seconds. As for hanna Montana, you wouldn't look at her twice if she served you in home bargains.

I'm trying to imagine myself going into a shop called 'Home Bargains', and failing.
I was extremely disappointed when I went there ......I was looking for a medium sized semi detached house ......they didn't have any ...........I bought two snack a soups instead

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #259 on: December 10, 2018, 01:33:38 PM »
I think it's a pretty disappointing place, although whether it's quite as bad as cost scutter is debateable.

Offline Richard

• GM : 08.06.2024
« Reply #260 on: December 10, 2018, 05:22:26 PM »
Saw a preview of the play off final I think - with a better outcome for us this time.

Can you imagine those tossers if they beat us ?

Seen and heard lots of them giving it the big one since that equaliser, forgetting that they have to come to VP in a couple of months when I'm sure we will all be up for it.

Offline XXVilla

« Reply #261 on: December 10, 2018, 05:54:00 PM »
Lost of very sheepish Stripeys at work today.

Online TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #262 on: December 10, 2018, 06:11:29 PM »
I’m still annoyed.

I fail to understand why the backup officials do not have the power, on big decisions to say “hold your bloody horses, have a look at this”

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #263 on: December 10, 2018, 06:39:11 PM »
I am not overly fussed by it bouncing in off his hand. I can't fathom why he isn't being called out more for punching it past the keeper to start with though. Cheating little fuck.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #264 on: December 10, 2018, 06:59:43 PM »
I am not overly fussed by it bouncing in off his hand. I can't fathom why he isn't being called out more for punching it past the keeper to start with though. Cheating little fuck.

Indeed, it's not that it was one handball it was bloody two.

Offline exigo

« Reply #265 on: December 10, 2018, 07:34:24 PM »
I was angry at the equaliser. I was livid at the excuse for policing at the station afterwards.
That jug-eared copper who twice announced on his megaphone that we'd be getting the next train, before waving the stripy fans through could have caused a crush and a riot.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #266 on: December 10, 2018, 08:16:47 PM »
I can't believe the linesman didn't spot the knock on. I'm far from convinced about the grounding for Rodgriguez try either.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #267 on: December 10, 2018, 08:58:12 PM »
I’m still annoyed.

I fail to understand why the backup officials do not have the power, on big decisions to say “hold your bloody horses, have a look at this”

I'm still really pissed off, just can't let it go.  Hopefully a 6-0 twatting of Sterk will cheer me up.  Got my tickets for Leeds as well.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #268 on: December 10, 2018, 09:18:58 PM »
The throw in (eventually) was fucking garbage too.

Offline villabear

« Reply #269 on: December 10, 2018, 09:30:48 PM »
Two of them at work today looking nonplussed when I asked them for their get out of jail free card. Apparently they were the better team and it was only right the ‘goal’ stood because our first was an own goal.
I was then asked if I’d even watched the game and that I’d probably start talking about 1982 which we go on about all the time. The reply of “oh you mean us winning the European Cup, so when have you won that then?” This was met with the very original ‘Villa bastard’ 😃

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal