collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Cheating Bastards vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 34483 times)

Offline nodge

• GM : 23.02.2024
Re: Cheating Bastards vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #150 on: December 07, 2018, 11:26:32 PM »
Watching Gaz Baz trying to get the ball off Grealish just before our second goal was like watching me trying to tackle my 14 year old son in our back garden.

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #151 on: December 07, 2018, 11:27:20 PM »
Moore saying they deserved a point. I know he's going to say that, but did they? Really?

Nope. They were better than us for about half of the first half and we matched them for the rest of that 45. The second half we completely dominated them, and really should have scored 3 or 4. Not doing so always left us vulnerable to a stripey lummoxing the ball into the net, but in the end they shouldn't have even been given that.

Albion look strong, but their midfield is basically a slow meatshield for the defence. Once we'd sussed out how to get around them, they were toast. Poor finishing did for us today, but at least we're creating loads of chances.

I don't fear any team in this league, Villa can beat all of them.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #152 on: December 07, 2018, 11:30:05 PM »
I thought Phillips was very good, Barry we gave too much time to, Barnes was troublesome but Hutton has to do much better for their first.

They played well but still just scraped a draw to go third.

I’d say that was magnificent progress from us to more than match them in just 10 or so games.

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #153 on: December 07, 2018, 11:30:16 PM »
They must be worrying that Barnes will get recalled to Leicester in January.  He's easily their best player, although, to be fair, Elmo did a great job on him, even better than McCafu did.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #154 on: December 07, 2018, 11:31:47 PM »
They were playing like Pulis’ Stoke towards the end.  That is testament to us.

Offline Deano's Mullet

« Reply #155 on: December 07, 2018, 11:34:08 PM »
 Was gutted after drawing for Forest. Tonight I am much happier but obviously we should have been out of sight before they equalised. El Ghazi looked like Ronaldo in a Villa shirt tonight. We will win a lot more than we lose before the end of the season. Still bit worried about the keeper and lack of defensive cover but overall very happy with Dean Smith and company.

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #156 on: December 07, 2018, 11:34:57 PM »
The biggest thing for me now, a couple of hours after the game....I cant wait for Stoke next week.
That’s what Deano has done for us, already.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #157 on: December 07, 2018, 11:35:04 PM »
Loved us. Some sublime football regardless of the fucking cheats
Horrible and inept policing at the train station creating a problem from nothing,then the most dangerously packed train to Stourbridge with screaming and people crying. Still fuming.

Letting them get ten yards from us at the Metro takes a special talent as well.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #158 on: December 07, 2018, 11:35:35 PM »
They must be worrying that Barnes will get recalled to Leicester in January.  He's easily their best player, although, to be fair, Elmo did a great job on him, even better than McCafu did.

I know it's almost sacrilage because I love Hutton, but El Mohamedy is a better player

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #159 on: December 07, 2018, 11:36:07 PM »
To be honest I thought they were stronger and more powerful all over the pitch and I never felt we were comfortable, that said if we’d took our chances they could have cheated all they wanted and it wouldn’t h@ve mattered

I thought the same for the first hour - they seemed to have more urgency.

I was the sole Villa fan in the pub and the two QPR fans next to me thought a draw was fair. They thought Rodriguez should have got a yellow for the handbal, though and pointed out his celebration was so muted it was obvious he was guilty. We should have blocked the cross before it came in and Nyland was again weak in dealing with it.

Having said that, if Abraham had taken the chances he had on a plate, in particular the one from Bolasie, we would have had the game sewn up. It was our own fault for fucking up and not converting one of them to secure the win.

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #160 on: December 07, 2018, 11:39:29 PM »
And what a fucking tin pot club - nowhere near enough turnstiles, toilets or kiosks for the away end. But worse than that was the fact that yet again people were close to being badly injured at the Hawthorns station as the police try and squeeze a thousand fans through a 3 foot wide entrance.

Happens there every time.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #161 on: December 07, 2018, 11:40:23 PM »
And, finally. I’m really not sure about this dribbling and showboating in our own penalty area. Scares the bejesus out of me...

Online SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #162 on: December 07, 2018, 11:44:38 PM »
Finally, at long last, we look miles better than anyone else in this shitty tinpot league.

We won't be here much longer.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #163 on: December 07, 2018, 11:45:43 PM »
Stoke are going to fucking get it!

This. Tonight obviously showed, especially first half how much more it meant to the Baggies. Second half, there should have been an empty ground other than the Villa fans after 65 minutes. I don't need to say more, Dean Smith summed up the game perfectly.

Gutted by the result but very few opposition teams will have such luck this season. I doubt we'll ever again take such games so lightly, at least in the first 45 minutes. It really was their Cup Final. Let them celebrate the draw, I could care more.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 11:51:29 PM by Rudy Can't Fail »

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #164 on: December 07, 2018, 11:55:22 PM »
Should have been over well before they started playing netball.  I'm not going to grizzle.  We are Aston Villa and we are better than than.  we are heading in the right direction with well over half a season to go, a transfer window to come and a brilliant coaching set up.  Easily the better side tonight.  It's a matter of time.

That’s the spirit, UTV

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal