collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by PaulWinch again
[Today at 04:22:22 AM]

Champions League Contention by Rory
[Today at 03:07:22 AM]

Diego Carlos by VillaTim
[Today at 03:06:47 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by darren woolley
[Today at 02:45:39 AM]

Press-ing on a bit by darren woolley
[Today at 02:41:31 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by KevinGage
[Today at 01:57:17 AM]

Robin Olsen by colin69
[Today at 01:29:26 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:22:07 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Moral Victories. We Never Get Any Luck.  (Read 26054 times)

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
Re: Moral Victories. We Never Get Any Luck.
« Reply #120 on: November 27, 2018, 08:48:11 AM »
Born and raised in south birmingham. Moved to redditch and have very rarely come across noses. Always more Villa at school, work and socially in these areas. Always more Villa around the kingfisher shopping centre. Even on a match day when scum are at home, very few on train in from redditch and this train passes through quite a few south birmingham stations. I've probs seen more out of area footy tops than nose tops, so this south birmingham thing re the noses still has to be proven to me.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #121 on: November 27, 2018, 09:00:19 AM »
You misheard, he said "neanderthal man of the match".
Another one here. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AINGp5wO3_4

Happy birthday Craig xx

Yes.  Enjoy your salty, tear stained birthday now, y'hear.

He looks a really poor player now, who only really offers anything at set pieces.  Got hooked as well which is always a nice moment!
Franksie on WM said Gardner was man of the match!!
Yeah, but to be fair, Frankisie is a ******.

Offline luke95

« Reply #122 on: November 27, 2018, 09:01:12 AM »
South Brum as a whole has always been by far Villa .

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #123 on: November 27, 2018, 09:14:00 AM »
I really don’t know why we bother getting embroiled in this ‘more fans in North / South Brum’ or ‘pubs in town’ bollocks.

Everyone in football, EVERYONE, knows and understands that Villa are the biggest club in the region. Full stop.

It’s not worth the energy arguing about it, not even for ‘bantz’.

Offline mike

« Reply #124 on: November 27, 2018, 09:28:12 AM »
I really don’t know why we bother getting embroiled in this ‘more fans in North / South Brum’ or ‘pubs in town’ bollocks.

Everyone in football, EVERYONE, knows and understands that Villa are the biggest club in the region. Full stop.

It’s not worth the energy arguing about it, not even for ‘bantz’.

It was someone from this site who said South Birmingham was more Bluenose, you can't expect me to take a slur like that on the chin...

Offline dorsetvillian

• GM : PCM
« Reply #125 on: November 27, 2018, 10:15:27 AM »
The Blues fan base is very small. It doesn't matter if it's South Birmingham, Birmingham, UK. Living down here in Dorset I've never seen a Blues shirt and can recall only once or twice having spoken to a single blues nose. Yet time and again I will see and speak to Villa fans.  Only last Saturday I went to watch an U18  game where a couple of lads I coached last year were playing. One of the dads saw my Villa hat and we chatted for most of the match about Villa, he along with his two sons were Villa. On the way home I stopped in my local village at a zebra crossing  and a lad of 8 or 9 rode across on his bike  in a full Villa kit. It happens all the time amongst a sea of glory hunters.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #126 on: November 27, 2018, 10:26:02 AM »
Agree with lots of the original post from the Bluenose regarding the game but he seems to have conveniently forgot a few things :-

1. One of the three major players they were apparently missing was very kindly loaned to them by us, on the basis that he’s about our 8th choice in midfield as he’s nowhere near good enough for us. Despite this fact, they can’t do without him. Says it all.

2. We were missing McGinn. Probably our most influential midfielder this season who runs all day long and is in great form.

3. Chester had a mare as he clearly wasn’t 100% fit but had to play as he was our only option.

4. Their second goal was scored by a player who was signed against EFL rules.

Four amazing points there.
Yes I agree. Superb post that.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #127 on: November 27, 2018, 10:29:32 AM »
To be fair if you see some of the videos from the lower north there wasn't much class amongst our fans there.  They seemed to spend far more time watching and gesticulating to the Blues fans than they did the game.  And they seem very proud of on fb / twitter etc.  I always like to think we're a cut above, but the reality is we have our own bellends too.

And as for various peoples comments about them being obsessed and for us it's 'just another game,' a 9 page pisstake thread would suggest otherwise!

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #128 on: November 27, 2018, 10:38:56 AM »
A 9 page pisstake Does not = obsession. It means that people like taking the piss out of their local rivals who are obsessed about drinking in town and boasting about it.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #129 on: November 27, 2018, 10:43:32 AM »
A 9 page pisstake Does not = obsession. It means that people like taking the piss out of their local rivals who are obsessed about drinking in town and boasting about it.

Yeah, it does.  Don't know why people can't admit it.

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #130 on: November 27, 2018, 10:47:42 AM »

I am not obsessed, with them. I hate the way they make me feel, with there vile, this, vile that, and total rubbish I have put up with over the years. I dislike the club and fans because of the sheer hatred towards us. So when they are giving it loads about what they are going to do, and we win, of course I am going to celebrate. Personally I hope we go up, and dont play them for 10 years or more.   

Offline The Edge

« Reply #131 on: November 27, 2018, 11:05:12 AM »

No it don't.  Speak for yourself. The "obsession" is clearly a one way thing. The hatred is a two way thing though but they definitely hate us a whole lot more than we hate them. What was it Gary Monk said? "My first day at the training ground I was told in no uncertain terms you have GOT to hate the Villa" I doubt very much that new manager/players hear a mention of blues unless we're about to play them.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 11:11:30 AM by The Edge »

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #132 on: November 27, 2018, 11:13:29 AM »

No it doesn’t, Bren is right.

A few weeks ago a bloke I know through work was taking the piss when they went above us for a couple of weeks, I’ll see him tomorrow and give him a bit back. It’s just how it is.

They invent spurious arguments such as drinking in town and all living within walking distance of the Sty because they know when it comes to the things that matter they are miles away from us. Some of them probably believe the nonsense but I am sure most, away from the Internet, just spout it as a wind up.

Offline PGW

• Villan, Bear and now Cancer Warrior
« Reply #133 on: November 27, 2018, 11:13:59 AM »
This South Birmingham thing with Blues...Ok i'm talking more SW Brum but plenty of us.
Only this Sunday gaffer of my little local opened up the bar at 08:30, the gaffer a young lady is a Villa fan, don't go that often but my
mate her partner really staunch nose and it was his idea to open up early thinking it would be full of noses not going to the game. Sadly he was wrong.
The only customers were 21 match ticket holding Villa going to game...it was a joy to behold, my mates face was a picture.
We all then left at various times from 11:00 to get cabs to ground.

Oh and what happened at the match was a joy, and my poor old mate went to Northfield Town FC to watch match and after he went to various establishments
to avoid coming back to his own pub and bumping into us. Oh what joy!!!

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #134 on: November 27, 2018, 11:15:12 AM »

Looks like you're obsessed with saying others are obsessed.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal