collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by eamonn
[Today at 01:34:31 AM]

GUESS THE CROWD R27; Europa Conf🏆SF VILLA v Olympiacos, Thurs 2nd May!🥧 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 01:33:31 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:42:47 AM]

Villa - Arsenal 89-90 by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:41:33 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[April 28, 2024, 11:47:33 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[April 28, 2024, 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[April 28, 2024, 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[April 28, 2024, 11:09:51 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Derby County 0-3 Aston Villa Post match thread  (Read 26279 times)

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
Re: Derby County 0-3 Aston Villa Post match thread
« Reply #150 on: November 11, 2018, 01:17:12 AM »
That made me chuckle, he was a lovely bloke but looked and acted more like your favourite uncle with each passing day.

Favourite uncle with Nan's hair. Wonder if he's wishing us well or hoping we fail without him.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #151 on: November 11, 2018, 01:43:14 AM »
I sometimes wonder if managers like him watch something like the Man City All or Nothing or even a Dean Smith interview and ever question themselves why it seems they are talking about an entirely different sport.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #152 on: November 11, 2018, 02:30:00 AM »
Due to family commitments all I knew was that it was 0-0 at half time. When there was eventually an appropriate moment to check the result, which at best I was hoping would be a draw, there was a silent 'f*cking hell' moment.
same Lizz. I’m in Oz, but woke up this morning after a mate’s 50th birthday, rum in hand. Thought I would check the score, expecting nothing better than 1-1. It was like you say, a ‘fucking hell moment’!!

Up the Villa!

Offline SirSteveUK

« Reply #153 on: November 11, 2018, 03:19:07 AM »

" My philosophy is this : 1-0, 2-0 or 5-0 up: never ever settle for it, you must be hungry for more. If you do sit back not only are you inviting the opposition to get back into the game but you are showing them mercy. You have to look at the bigger picture, I don't only want us to destroy our current opponent's. I want to breed fear into our next ones "

God Amighty 👍🏻

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #154 on: November 11, 2018, 06:47:51 AM »
My view entirely Steve.  All I want, and have ever wanted is for the upcoming opposition to fear playing us.

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #155 on: November 11, 2018, 07:01:56 AM »

" My philosophy is this : 1-0, 2-0 or 5-0 up: never ever settle for it, you must be hungry for more. If you do sit back not only are you inviting the opposition to get back into the game but you are showing them mercy. You have to look at the bigger picture, I don't only want us to destroy our current opponent's. I want to breed fear into our next ones "

God Amighty 👍🏻

I know it’s ace

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #156 on: November 11, 2018, 07:04:45 AM »
I thought Axel was brilliant again today. What the fuck was Bruce doing playing him at RB and Jedinak at CB?!

It's a conspiracy theory but I wonder whether he wanted out and was waiting for the pay-off. Decisions like that and that he left us with only 2 centre backs in the squad, having been one himself, are just too odd.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #157 on: November 11, 2018, 07:30:11 AM »
Chester got caught under a straight ball again and Marriot got the wrong side of Axel twice. The first time I thought Marriot was off side, but we corrected it at half time and Marriot never came out of Axel's pocket.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #158 on: November 11, 2018, 07:41:41 AM »
Chester got caught under a straight ball again and Marriot got the wrong side of Axel twice. The first time I thought Marriot was off side, but we corrected it at half time and Marriot never came out of Axel's pocket.

That's the beauty of having a gaffer who's capable of changing it during the game based on what's happening in front of him. He said in his post-match that he also changed it so that Tammy took Huddlestone out of the game.

It's so bloody basic but it's a breath of fresh air to see it happening, finally.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #159 on: November 11, 2018, 07:47:27 AM »
Tammy dropped of Tamori and came deeper and Huddlestone had to respond. With McGinn pressing him, he was utterly ineffectual and the only out ball was a 40 yard punt. We caused their midfield to disintegrate.

First half they used their full backs to try and beat the press as we couldn't cover both Keogh and Huddlestone.

Not that we were ineffective first half, we were the better side.

Smith doesn't just react, he does something truly terrifying...he thinks! Pre-empts!

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #160 on: November 11, 2018, 08:10:08 AM »
I thought Axel was brilliant again today. What the fuck was Bruce doing playing him at RB and Jedinak at CB?!
Setting himself up for a £1.7 m pay off!!

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #161 on: November 11, 2018, 08:13:34 AM »

It's starting to look like the only way teams will score against us is if our centre-halves get themselves stuck under the ball. The longer they play together, get used to each other, this'll stop. Be the good ol' one up, one round on the cover routine. And the only way teams can counter that basic ploy will be to play two out-and-out up top.

Given how we're playing, and still progressing, it's going to take a fucking brave manager to deploy that against us.

Offline SashasGrandad

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #162 on: November 11, 2018, 08:27:05 AM »

Woke up this morning with 'Tuanzebe, Tuanzebe, zebe, zebe' in my head - feet keep tapping out the rhythm as well.

There are signs of McGrath about him. The time he has when he gets the ball under pressure, calms things down and extinguishes the threat. Anticipation as well. Positioning improves with every game lately. Once he and Chester sort out the high balls down the centre they will be OK.

I don't want Elphick back at Xmas, he gave Small Heath the first yesterday then made no challenge for their second.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #163 on: November 11, 2018, 08:34:18 AM »

Woke up this morning with 'Tuanzebe, Tuanzebe, zebe, zebe' in my head - feet keep tapping out the rhythm as well.

There are signs of McGrath about him. The time he has when he gets the ball under pressure, calms things down and extinguishes the threat. Anticipation as well. Positioning improves with every game lately. Once he and Chester sort out the high balls down the centre they will be OK.

I don't want Elphick back at Xmas, he gave Small Heath the first yesterday then made no challenge for their second.
You're right about Elphick, but we sure as hell need CB cover and a new left back. At the moment we are an injury or two away from looking very makeshift at the back again.
And, the "Tuanzebe" song has been buzzing around my head too!What a bloody turnaround for the kid!!

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #164 on: November 11, 2018, 08:45:44 AM »

Yes, I saw the goals too. Shocking wasn’t he?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal