collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by danno
[Today at 05:02:46 AM]

GUESS THE CROWD R27; Europa Conf🏆SF VILLA v Olympiacos, Thurs 2nd May!🥧 by beness
[Today at 04:53:32 AM]

Tim Iroegbunam by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 04:08:57 AM]

Calum Chambers -signed by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 04:04:54 AM]

FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:37:00 AM]

Champions League Contention by tomd2103
[Today at 01:30:59 AM]

Snooker by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:41:07 AM]

Kits 23/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:39:26 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by danno
[Today at 05:02:46 AM]

Re: GUESS THE CROWD R27; Europa Conf🏆SF VILLA v Olympiacos, Thurs 2nd May!🥧 by beness
[Today at 04:53:32 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 04:08:57 AM]

Re: Calum Chambers -signed by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 04:04:54 AM]

Re: FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:37:00 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by tomd2103
[Today at 01:30:59 AM]

Re: FFP by tomd2103
[Today at 01:26:18 AM]

Re: FFP by tomd2103
[Today at 01:10:15 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Deano’s wishlist - the Jan transfer speculation/guaranteed nonsense thread  (Read 316707 times)

Offline robleflaneur

What about outgoings ? No doubt after today's performance which I missed through illness,lots of you will say about 10 players but perhaps at least it's time to jettison the older players such as Jedinak,interest from Oz ,Whelan and Albert who is 31 plus 3rd choice RB,Elmo.
Unfortunately,this is not the best time to buy players but improve a couple of positions,get rid of 4+ players and promote some of the youngsters would be FFP feasible.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
What about outgoings ? No doubt after today's performance which I missed through illness,lots of you will say about 10 players but perhaps at least it's time to jettison the older players such as Jedinak,interest from Oz ,Whelan and Albert who is 31 plus 3rd choice RB,Elmo.
Unfortunately,this is not the best time to buy players but improve a couple of positions,get rid of 4+ players and promote some of the youngsters would be FFP feasible.

I'd keep Adomah, he works hard and has a decent amount of pace still and we don't have a winger we own in the squad otherwise. He's not been great but he's fine as a squad option. Jedi, Whelan, Elmo and Hogan can all go.

Offline itmustbe_it is!

The last player we had that the opposition had to double mark was Adama Traore and we got rid.

He was crap for us though

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
Agree with Paul_e.  We need new blood but Adomah is a solid player

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
I'd like to disagree.  I think Albert Adomah has been crap for the last 12 months.  The odd contribution here and there but he's past his best. In my opinion, of course.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
I thought Albert was poor today, although did improve a bit later in the second half.  I’d Keep him though.

But jettisoning players is always easier said than done when they’re on good wages with us.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
His contract is up in the summer.

Offline robleflaneur

The reason why I suggested Albert was that Boro were after him and thus willing to pay decent money ,so Moneyballs philosophy as he is 31 and his performances might decline next year and does he fit the profile of what Smith wants.
On the plus side he is certainly worth his place in the squad,especially if Tammy leaves and Kodjia moves to a central position.

Offline Fred Crump

The reason why I suggested Albert was that Boro were after him and thus willing to pay decent money ,so Moneyballs philosophy as he is 31 and his performances might decline next year and does he fit the profile of what Smith wants.
On the plus side he is certainly worth his place in the squad,especially if Tammy leaves and Kodjia moves to a central position.

I’m a big Albert fan but he was truly awful until the final few minutes today. I’d keep him until the summer unless we get a silly offer, but then he’s got to be thanked for his contribution and moved on. Part of the past, not the future, sadly.

Offline Lsvilla

• GM : 11.08.2024

I’m a big Albert fan but he was truly awful until the final few minutes today. I’d keep him until the summer unless we get a silly offer, but then he’s got to be thanked for his contribution and moved on. Part of the past, not the future, sadly.
I’m of this mind too. Especially with Andre Green developing at Portsmouth. Much rather see us develop him - and a few like him - is possible.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013

I’m of this mind too. Especially with Andre Green developing at Portsmouth. Much rather see us develop him - and a few like him - is possible.

Absolutely agree. I just don't think it's worth moving him on now.

Offline Steve67

Did any of the reporters ask Smith about a transfer update today?

Offline robleflaneur

Thanks for the reminder,thought Green had a long term injury,scored the winner v Norwich.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
Left back, left sided centre half with pace, holding mid with legs. Get those as a minimum and we are a different team straight away.

Offline Steve67

Moxey says we have asked Leicester for Christian Fuchs. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal