collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Deano’s wishlist - the Jan transfer speculation/guaranteed nonsense thread  (Read 316714 times)

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
Re: Deano’s wishlist - the Jan transfer speculation/guaranteed nonsense thread
« Reply #165 on: November 25, 2018, 03:10:24 PM »
I thought Nyland did really well today. You knew they would test him and he didn't look shaky at all. I would rather spend whatever we have on another CB, maybe 2, two full backs and a forward. And midfield depth is becoming a massive problem. Whelan isn't the answer and Lansbury barely lasted 10 minutes. So as much Heaton is an upgrade I'd invest where it is absolutely needed.

He probably would've saved the first if he didn't fall over.

Pretty worried how he's going to cope with Boro slinging in the ball to the box every two minutes.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2018, 03:28:43 PM by SoccerHQ »

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #166 on: November 25, 2018, 03:12:13 PM »
Aye. I'm not a fan of Nyland, but thought he did well coming for crosses and claiming them. Particularly late on.

In fairness, he should have been favourite for most of them. But a slip there would have left us in the ha’penny place.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #167 on: November 25, 2018, 05:40:33 PM »
If ever there was a game for jedinak it's Boro away. It's not like Whelan is much better at passing

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #168 on: November 25, 2018, 05:45:28 PM »
If ever there was a game for jedinak it's Boro away. It's not like Whelan is much better at passing

He would have been effective in dealing with their target man today as well. 

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #169 on: November 25, 2018, 06:29:54 PM »
I thought Nyland did really well today. You knew they would test him and he didn't look shaky at all. I would rather spend whatever we have on another CB, maybe 2, two full backs and a forward. And midfield depth is becoming a massive problem. Whelan isn't the answer and Lansbury barely lasted 10 minutes. So as much Heaton is an upgrade I'd invest where it is absolutely needed.

Did you miss their first goal?

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #170 on: November 25, 2018, 06:41:53 PM »

I did. Watch the Nose in the box pull him back. That goal shouldn't have stood

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #171 on: November 25, 2018, 06:44:46 PM »

I still can't judge their first goal either way.  He did OK second half I thought, but I'm a good way from being convinced though.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #172 on: November 25, 2018, 06:53:20 PM »

I still can't judge their first goal either way.  He did OK second half I thought, but I'm a good way from being convinced though.
Usually the defender gets between the assailant and goalkeeper.
You try to make sure the keeper can get off his line.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #173 on: November 25, 2018, 07:49:31 PM »

There was contact but it was marginal enough. A decent keeper at this level should be dealing with that easily.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #174 on: November 27, 2018, 11:43:49 AM »
Ashley Cole is now available......

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #175 on: November 27, 2018, 02:31:17 PM »

that won’t bring the average age down

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #176 on: November 27, 2018, 03:09:32 PM »

that won’t bring the average age down

No. But would it improve the quality?

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #177 on: November 27, 2018, 04:52:35 PM »

There was contact but it was marginal enough. A decent keeper at this level should be dealing with that easily.

It wasn't contact, the bloke was holding him by the shirt and pulled him. Not bothered either way, you can make excuses for anything. The bottom line is they got tonked, again. Their results in a derby are embarrassing , 13 fucking games, that's atrocious.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #178 on: November 27, 2018, 05:45:57 PM »

It wasn't contact, the bloke was holding him by the shirt and pulled him. Not bothered either way, you can make excuses for anything. The bottom line is they got tonked, again. Their results in a derby are embarrassing , 13 fucking games, that's atrocious.

I'm not complaining here but in most games if a keeper goes into a player and ends up on the floor it's normally given as a foul. Personally I think they're protected too much but because it is so common for the ref to blow up it does feel wrong when a free kick isn't given.

Online jwarry

« Reply #179 on: November 28, 2018, 07:15:12 PM »
Meaning Evil pushing Ashley Cole and Gary Cahill for Jan.  Really don’t know what to think about that to be honest. We do need a new CB and LB but surely Deano will have a better ideas?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal