collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:37:00 AM]

Champions League Contention by tomd2103
[Today at 01:30:59 AM]

Calum Chambers -signed by tomd2103
[Today at 12:44:09 AM]

Snooker by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:41:07 AM]

Kits 23/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:39:26 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:10:47 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 12:05:56 AM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by DrGonzo
[April 29, 2024, 10:59:54 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:37:00 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by tomd2103
[Today at 01:30:59 AM]

Re: FFP by tomd2103
[Today at 01:26:18 AM]

Re: FFP by tomd2103
[Today at 01:10:15 AM]

Re: Calum Chambers -signed by tomd2103
[Today at 12:44:09 AM]

Re: Snooker by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:41:07 AM]

Re: Kits 23/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:39:26 AM]

Re: Calum Chambers -signed by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:37:42 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Deano’s wishlist - the Jan transfer speculation/guaranteed nonsense thread  (Read 316687 times)

Offline four fornicholl

Re: Deano’s wishlist - the Jan transfer speculation/guaranteed nonsense thread
« Reply #150 on: November 21, 2018, 09:22:33 PM »
Nyland is fine for where we are now.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #151 on: November 21, 2018, 09:34:00 PM »
Nyland is fine for where we are now.

Mid table in the championship maybe

But we want to be up at the top end

Online tomd2103

« Reply #152 on: November 22, 2018, 01:04:09 AM »
... We can not overlook that he has kept us in games more than he has allowed us to concede goals ....
Nyland? - that's quite a strong claim, given his very dodgy start to his Villa career.
I'd say it's really only been in the last 2-3 games that he has been a net contributor. Just my perception; no science in my comment.
Can only really think of the QPR game where he come out and missed the punch out. Two top notch saves I think it was preston and a class tip over against Derby last game.  But as I said he has got away with a couple. Lets just see if the new coach can balance his game out .......

I have had a feeling for a few weeks now that Sunday is the perfect stage for him to make an absolute howler.  I'm sure they will target him with balls into the box all game.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #153 on: November 22, 2018, 08:56:41 AM »
I'm convinced that a new CB will arrive in January.  Where that leaves Axel, I do not know as I suspect that these loan deals include an agreement that the player is going to play games.  I also think that a LB will come in.  Whether that is a permanent deal depends on who is available.  Perhaps we will look at Targett as a loan deal to get us through to the summer.

As my previous posts have revealed, my priority is still the GK.  I'm happy with Axel and can live with Hutton at LB.  Those are the 2 weakest outfield positions though and I'm sure that we'll strengthen/improve. 

The other issue is making too many changes to the defence/back 5.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #154 on: November 22, 2018, 03:02:50 PM »
If it's true about Sunday then it just confirms that CB is a priority by a country mile.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #155 on: November 22, 2018, 05:35:59 PM »
If it's true about Sunday then it just confirms that CB is a priority by a country mile.
Yep.
We can probably cover every other position except one of the most critical.
Hopefully they are working on this.

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #156 on: November 22, 2018, 06:18:42 PM »
I would expect McKenna to arrive very early in the window

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #157 on: November 22, 2018, 06:34:13 PM »
Yep.

There's a massive difference between covering a position and bringing in someone who goes automatically into the starting line up.  If we merely want cover, then Elphick could be recalled.  If we want to replace either Chester or Axel then a new signing is required.  The next question would be whether Man U would allow Axel to remain here if he's relegated to back up.  If Axel gets recalled, we'd be back to square one.

If we got the chance of McKenna, I'd take it as I think he's a step up from where Axel is at this point in time.  If there was an issue with Axel returning to his parent club, I would also recall Elphick.

I'm happy with the pairing of Axel & Chester but always welcome improvement.  On the other hand, I would like to see the GK replaced before either CB or LB. 

It wouldn't surprise me if all 3 positions are subject to incomings in January, whether permanent or loans remains to be seen.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #158 on: November 22, 2018, 08:22:47 PM »
If we take any in on loan I would imagine some of the current loanees would be going back to their parent club. I think we'll recall some of the players we've loaned out. I certainly expect Mitchell Clark to come back.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #159 on: November 22, 2018, 08:24:53 PM »
El Ghazi and Moreira are the ones I can see us trying to send back. I doubt Tammy, Axel or Bolasie will leave.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #160 on: November 25, 2018, 09:58:36 AM »
A S*n journo on Twitter reckons Tom Heaton's coming on loan.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #161 on: November 25, 2018, 02:14:36 PM »
A S*n journo on Twitter reckons Tom Heaton's coming on loan.

Alan Nixon? He has contacts at likes of Burnley and Blackburn. Would be happy with that. Someone's going to be odd one out when Hart, Pope and Heaton are all fit.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #162 on: November 25, 2018, 02:26:14 PM »
Yep.

There's a massive difference between covering a position and bringing in someone who goes automatically into the starting line up.  If we merely want cover, then Elphick could be recalled.  If we want to replace either Chester or Axel then a new signing is required.  The next question would be whether Man U would allow Axel to remain here if he's relegated to back up.  If Axel gets recalled, we'd be back to square one.

If we got the chance of McKenna, I'd take it as I think he's a step up from where Axel is at this point in time.  If there was an issue with Axel returning to his parent club, I would also recall Elphick.

I'm happy with the pairing of Axel & Chester but always welcome improvement.  On the other hand, I would like to see the GK replaced before either CB or LB. 

It wouldn't surprise me if all 3 positions are subject to incomings in January, whether permanent or loans remains to be seen.
I think the Jan window will be to get us through the season.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #163 on: November 25, 2018, 02:27:03 PM »
Yep.

I think the Jan window will be to get us through the season.

We are fine in midfield and upfront, priority needs to be keeper and defenders.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #164 on: November 25, 2018, 03:00:12 PM »
I thought Nyland did really well today. You knew they would test him and he didn't look shaky at all. I would rather spend whatever we have on another CB, maybe 2, two full backs and a forward. And midfield depth is becoming a massive problem. Whelan isn't the answer and Lansbury barely lasted 10 minutes. So as much Heaton is an upgrade I'd invest where it is absolutely needed.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal