collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Deano’s wishlist - the Jan transfer speculation/guaranteed nonsense thread  (Read 316461 times)

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
Bannan is exactly the sort of signing we need to avoid if we have any ambition.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
Goalkeeper and a centre half, for the love of Christ.

Not the current dandy we have between the sticks who looks weak-wristed even when he saves one.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
I don't think we're in for Bannan but I imagine that's the sort of player Smith would like anchoring the midfield; good technical skills and an ability to move the ball onwards accurately and at tempo.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

If there is any substance to the link with Bannan at a reputed £8m it suggests,  despite  all the  changes within the club, we have learned little from our past mistakes - it's probably just more BS however

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
We're not going to be able to fix everything in January, so I would say a centre back who playś on the left side, a left back and depending on how Nyland does, a keeper will be the priorities.  Can't really see there being much financial wriggle room for much more to be honest. 
Spot on.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
I really like Bannan and I thought he got a hard time when he was here but it's a no from me as well, even if it is probably a load of crap.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
Take a punt on that young U.S prospect. Altidore? (Sick)

January will finally see the long awaited arrival of Benni McCarthy

Online papa lazarou

• GM : 06.11.2020
I don't think we're in for Bannan but I imagine that's the sort of player Smith would like anchoring the midfield; good technical skills and an ability to move the ball onwards accurately and at tempo.

Agreed. Can't remember the last time we had that type of go-to midfielder. It won't be Bannan though. I wish I could get a job as a football story maker upper, seems a piece of piss.

Offline manic-road

I'd like DS to get Heaton from Burnley, top keeper and can't get a game at the moment.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024

exactly this,
whether it's Bannan or someone like Bannan that's the sort of player Smith will be looking at

busy midfield player short sharp quick passing moves linking up with Grealish and Mcginn would be a lot better suited than anything we have at the moment

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
There's no way Smith will be in for a luxury midfielder when we have three or four far more pressing priorities.  Unless we sell Jack which would change the dynamics of the situation (McGinn playing further forward), but that seems very unlikely to me.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Bannan isn't a luxury player. He's Sheffield Wednesday's best and he's what makes them tick, dragged them intonthe play offs too a few years back.

I'm not making a case for him, but a player of his ilk.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
I've no problem with Bannan coming back, as long as it's not at the expense of sorting out the problem at keeper, left-back and centre half.

Heaton from Burnley is such an obvious solution for him and Villa, that there's no chance of it happening

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
We really need a CB that's what I want.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally

exactly this,
whether it's Bannan or someone like Bannan that's the sort of player Smith will be looking at

busy midfield player short sharp quick passing moves linking up with Grealish and Mcginn would be a lot better suited than anything we have at the moment
I have wondered if Jack could be a Pirlo type of player.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal