collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Smithy
[Today at 04:49:44 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Somniloquism
[Today at 04:49:30 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 04:49:23 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by LeeB
[Today at 04:49:22 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Flamingo Lane
[Today at 04:48:44 PM]

Re: Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Clampy
[Today at 04:48:33 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by AV84
[Today at 04:48:21 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Meanwood Villa
[Today at 04:48:16 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Deano’s wishlist - the Jan transfer speculation/guaranteed nonsense thread  (Read 316559 times)

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Deano’s wishlist - the Jan transfer speculation/guaranteed nonsense thread
« Reply #1410 on: January 22, 2019, 06:00:21 PM »
According to Sky we offered Mepham better personal terms than Bournemouth.  He might regret turning us down.

If it’s true I’d be encouraged that we were prepared to pay that fee. It’s up to this club to get in a position where Bournemouth are not a more attractive proposition than us.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #1411 on: January 22, 2019, 06:17:30 PM »
The lure of the Premier league eh?  even if the biggest crowd you are going to play in front of is always an away game?  I hope we have other options on the go. 

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #1412 on: January 22, 2019, 06:28:18 PM »
I suppose it's one of those times that makes it tempting to compare ourselves to 'the likes of Bournemouth'.  The reality is that there is no comparison.  Aside from them being in the premier league, on every single conceivable other level, Villa is a giant in comparison.  This makes it all the more bizarre for us to be considering 'writing this season off' as some seem to think would be best.   We simply have to be back in the big league ASAP.

Online mike

« Reply #1413 on: January 22, 2019, 06:47:23 PM »
I suppose it's one of those times that makes it tempting to compare ourselves to 'the likes of Bournemouth'.  The reality is that there is no comparison.  Aside from them being in the premier league, on every single conceivable other level, Villa is a giant in comparison.  This makes it all the more bizarre for us to be considering 'writing this season off' as some seem to think would be best.   We simply have to be back in the big league ASAP.

It does bug me that my son can't collect any Natch Attax cards but his mate who supports Bournemouth can. But the, well done Bornemouth.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #1414 on: January 22, 2019, 06:51:15 PM »
It's a tin pot club, super small in size but has been managed fantastically well and should be a lesson to all bigger clubs. 

Offline Pvb1968

« Reply #1415 on: January 22, 2019, 08:21:00 PM »
It's got some dodgy Russian and is a very affluent area. When you get 10,000 gates and pay 20m for a player the concept of ffp is utterly laughable.

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #1416 on: January 22, 2019, 08:38:57 PM »
Mail reporting that Mings most likely to go the Baggies
With cherries agreeing a fee with Brentford for Mepham now, Mings will be on his way. Decent signing with added height for a full back too but my family on the south coast make him sound like another Bolasie when some days he’s at it and on his game and others he just doesn’t seem to put the effort in. With Taylor the root cause of both goals last sat he might be worth us hijacking though ?
Taylor the root cause of both goals? Hmm.
Have another look.
Than you for advice I’ve reviewed and stick by my original statement.
Goal 1...diagonal ball to his side, he bumps into Chester ,kicks ball away from him and straight to goal scorer !
Goal 2...wasn’t facing right direction, it was his post, and he takes a slice to help it into net

Now that’s cleared up....where’s the bloody transfers ?

Online SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1417 on: January 22, 2019, 10:37:26 PM »
According to Sky we offered Mepham better personal terms than Bournemouth.  He might regret turning us down.

Sad I have to say but doubt it. I imagine in football circles we're seen as a bit of a basketcase club (and also one to get a quick buck from if you're hitting 30 or had a good run of form).

Bournemouth atm (it will be different when Howe goes of course) are a well run prem club and they also have a very good recent track record of taking young players from outside the top flight and developing them into full internationals. Ryan Fraser, Lewis Cook and Calum Wilson are three who have played for their national teams and David Brooks will probably be in next England squad.

Would never have typed any of this ten years ago but we are where we are for a reason.

At least we do have some money to play with if we were willing to spend 12m on him so please let's spend that sensibly as there's loads of decent players in the 4-6m range ready to be picked up.

Edit: I just typed all that out forgetting Mepham was full Welsh international.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 10:41:36 PM by SoccerHQ »

Online SoccerHQ

« Reply #1418 on: January 22, 2019, 10:43:46 PM »
Think it's a decent window if we can tempt likes of Sawyers and Rico Henry in next 10 days.

They're not world beaters but are good players at this level, DS knows them and they also play in positions where we really struggle in so would improve first 11.

Online JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #1419 on: January 22, 2019, 10:49:54 PM »
Think it's a decent window if we can tempt likes of Sawyers and Rico Henry in next 10 days.

They're not world beaters but are good players at this level, DS knows them and they also play in positions where we really struggle in so would improve first 11.

Will Brentford be so desperate to sell them with  £12 million just coming in .

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #1420 on: January 22, 2019, 10:54:10 PM »
I can't believe that we would have been in a position to offer £12 million for a centre back.  I think even at the height of Xia's spending (under RDM), we wouldn't have shelled anywhere near that amount on a defender.

Online SoccerHQ

« Reply #1421 on: January 22, 2019, 11:01:19 PM »

Isn't Sawyers out of contract end of season or have I got that wrong?

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #1422 on: January 22, 2019, 11:11:54 PM »

No -it's 2 years.

EDIT: 18 months - Ends at the end of next season.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 11:13:35 PM by Brassneck »

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #1423 on: January 22, 2019, 11:58:34 PM »

Sad I have to say but doubt it. I imagine in football circles we're seen as a bit of a basketcase club (and also one to get a quick buck from if you're hitting 30 or had a good run of form).

Bournemouth atm (it will be different when Howe goes of course) are a well run prem club and they also have a very good recent track record of taking young players from outside the top flight and developing them into full internationals. Ryan Fraser, Lewis Cook and Calum Wilson are three who have played for their national teams and David Brooks will probably be in next England squad.

Would never have typed any of this ten years ago but we are where we are for a reason.

At least we do have some money to play with if we were willing to spend 12m on him so please let's spend that sensibly as there's loads of decent players in the 4-6m range ready to be picked up.

Edit: I just typed all that out forgetting Mepham was full Welsh international.

And you forget brooks is also one too.

Offline footyskillz

« Reply #1424 on: January 23, 2019, 12:03:59 AM »

No -it's 2 years.

EDIT: 18 months - Ends at the end of next season.

Well we will have seen that we are signing Sawyers as someone came on here to proclaim such news about the very man Sawyers coming .

I guess they waiting to bring someone in at Brentford before Sawyers move.

I can't recall who made the claim on the Sawyers move but if they could step forward with an update or more details would be good ! Someone's relative or friend had said they were informed he was villa bound !

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal