collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1543958 times)

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #8955 on: July 08, 2020, 04:06:30 PM »
I think the bigger problem is that once the pessimism kicks in EVERYTHING is shit, Mings isn't worth £15m, we'll be lucky if get £50m for Jack and he's not that good anyway, Luiz is playing well so he'll definitely leave to go back to Man City, Smith just got lucky last season, Purslow is shit and should be sacked, etc etc.

No one is claiming things are great but it's also clearly not true that everything is terrible, it's doesn't have to be one or the other.

Just a touch of exaggeration there

What's the exaggeration? Are any of the examples I've given not things that have been said on this forum in the last week?

If they're not all coming from the same individual then the point is moot. I haven't seen anyone maintain all of what you've mentioned above. You can't just pick at disparate negative posts from people you don't agree with, cobble them all together, and say "Look! Ent it hysterical?"

Of course I can, as Drummond says, if all of these things were as bad as they're individually claimed to be then we'd be in a far worse position than we are. All of it shows that people are flailing around looking for something to blame when the reality is a combination of a number of things being not quite right.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #8956 on: July 08, 2020, 04:06:54 PM »
Precisely. It the hyperbole that kills you. Something is not right so lets burn everything. It's the kind of thinking that gets us Brexit.
Is anyone saying that though?  Seems to me the reaction this season is either sack Dean or sack Suso or do nothing.  Everyone would agree we need to buy and sell a few players.  Our performances have been so poor that something has to change.

That post is perfectly reasonable though, many others aren't.

I

I and I

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #8957 on: July 08, 2020, 04:07:24 PM »
Precisely. It the hyperbole that kills you. Something is not right so lets burn everything. It's the kind of thinking that gets us Brexit.
Is anyone saying that though?  Seems to me the reaction this season is either sack Dean or sack Suso or do nothing.  Everyone would agree we need to buy and sell a few players.  Our performances have been so poor that something has to change.

I

I and I
I Roy

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #8958 on: July 08, 2020, 04:07:54 PM »
I think the bigger problem is that once the pessimism kicks in EVERYTHING is shit, Mings isn't worth £15m, we'll be lucky if get £50m for Jack and he's not that good anyway, Luiz is playing well so he'll definitely leave to go back to Man City, Smith just got lucky last season, Purslow is shit and should be sacked, etc etc.

No one is claiming things are great but it's also clearly not true that everything is terrible, it's doesn't have to be one or the other.

What's the exaggeration? Are any of the examples I've given not things that have been said on this forum in the last week?

If they're not all coming from the same individual then the point is moot. I haven't seen anyone maintain all of what you've mentioned above. You can't just pick at disparate negative posts from people you don't agree with, cobble them all together, and say "Look! Ent it hysterical?"

You responded to my assertion before that we can stay up with the suggestion that I drink or take some drugs every morning, to vomit my opinion on here because its more optimistic than your own. Hysterical is the right word.

Online LeeB

« Reply #8959 on: July 08, 2020, 04:08:02 PM »

I

I and I
I Roy

I, Ron Maiden.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #8960 on: July 08, 2020, 04:46:05 PM »

You responded to my assertion before that we can stay up with the suggestion that I drink or take some drugs every morning, to vomit my opinion on here because its more optimistic than your own. Hysterical is the right word.

Haha, oh dear, you wouldn't know irony if was your own tongue in your own cheek, would you? I was clearly riffing on your "glass is hall full" outlook, but evidently it doesn't take much to offend you. Go have a lie down or get some fresh air, give yourself a wee break from playing the contrarian every time somebody dares to criticise the club.

Offline Ads

« Reply #8961 on: July 08, 2020, 04:57:04 PM »
Irony? Riffing? You were just being a berk. I'm not a contrarian, I just find it odd that me not being convinced we're going down elicits your sniping. Which is odd given the tone you've taken in this argument with Paul.

It takes plenty to offend me, have a look at the politics thread. But then if I may return fire, you did leave the site in a huff because people were criticising Reo-Coker, so...*shrugs*
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 04:58:40 PM by Ads »

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #8962 on: July 08, 2020, 04:57:17 PM »

Haha, oh dear, you wouldn't know irony if was your own tongue in your own cheek, would you? I was clearly riffing on your "glass is hall full" outlook, but evidently it doesn't take much to offend you. Go have a lie down or get some fresh air, give yourself a wee break from playing the contrarian every time somebody dares to criticise the club.

We can end this monotonous quotathon right now.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #8963 on: July 08, 2020, 05:00:21 PM »

We can end this monotonous quotathon right now.

It looks quite pretty if you close one eye, turn your phone on its side and eat a pickled onion, though.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #8964 on: July 08, 2020, 05:03:35 PM »
I. Vassell

Online LeeB

« Reply #8965 on: July 08, 2020, 05:04:22 PM »
My monotonous quote fest was better though.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #8966 on: July 08, 2020, 05:13:36 PM »

Offline Ads

« Reply #8967 on: July 08, 2020, 05:19:08 PM »
I know where Vassell lives. And that bloke what used to be our chairman.

#EastieIsInYourBins.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #8968 on: July 08, 2020, 05:20:18 PM »
I've been to Steve Stride's house. Legally.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #8969 on: July 08, 2020, 05:23:28 PM »
I think I am the only poster on here who heard the exerpts from Darius Vassell's Turkish Diary on Radio 3.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal