collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1545801 times)

Offline danno

Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #4425 on: July 31, 2019, 05:34:00 PM »
Dean Smith benefited from Steve Bruce's work at Villa, claims TalkSport pundit Simon Jordan.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/07/31/simon-jordan-claims-dean-smith-benefited-from-steve-bruces-work/

In fairness Jordan is right, if Bruce had done a better job Smith may never have been appointed. Cheers Steve!

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #4426 on: July 31, 2019, 06:26:56 PM »
Dean Smith benefited from Steve Bruce's work at Villa, claims TalkSport pundit Simon Jordan.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/07/31/simon-jordan-claims-dean-smith-benefited-from-steve-bruces-work/

Absolute fucking horseshit.

Ha! Jordan has a point. Smith came in, looked at the team and thought 'the midfield and attack are fine, what would really change things here is a bloody defence. Oh and tactics might help too'.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #4427 on: July 31, 2019, 06:58:46 PM »

Absolute fucking horseshit.

Even that pro Bruce article points out that Bruce left Smith with "an unbalanced and thin squad". What is this "Bruce bounce" the article mentioned? Whatever Bruce bounce there may have been at some points in his reign the bounce had long gone by the time Bruce left.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #4428 on: July 31, 2019, 07:29:46 PM »
A lot of praise needs to be given to Deano for making us more competitive, sorting out the defence and playing players in their resident positions. I still think individual performances from Mings, jack, el-ghazi and McGinn did the trick but don’t undervalue smith’s man management

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #4429 on: July 31, 2019, 07:38:14 PM »
Jordan has fallen on hard times and is left pedaling this crap to try to earn a crust.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #4430 on: July 31, 2019, 07:54:08 PM »
Jordan has fallen on hard times and is left pedaling this crap to try to earn a crust.

In fairness, Jordan is normally very positive about us.  He's one of the few pundits I have time for.  He's possibly a bit off the mark here but Bruce did steady the ship after the RDM fiasco and again when it went pear shaped last summer - He deserves credit for that.  Criticism should lie in his lack of belief and trust of his players to take games to the opposition.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #4431 on: July 31, 2019, 08:09:22 PM »

In fairness, Jordan is normally very positive about us.  He's one of the few pundits I have time for.  He's possibly a bit off the mark here but Bruce did steady the ship after the RDM fiasco and again when it went pear shaped last summer - He deserves credit for that.  Criticism should lie in his lack of belief and trust of his players to take games to the opposition.

McGinn is the only thing he did that deserves credit

Offline exigo

« Reply #4432 on: July 31, 2019, 09:20:03 PM »

"McGinn is the type of player the owners wanted" said Bruce in his press conference, trying to shift the blame away from himself.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #4433 on: July 31, 2019, 09:29:45 PM »

"McGinn is the type of player the owners wanted" said Bruce in his press conference, trying to shift the blame away from himself.

I completely forgot that. Outside of renewing Axel, the only signing he made that was brilliant he didn't initially want any part of. The fucking bell end.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #4434 on: July 31, 2019, 09:47:42 PM »

He really didn't steady the ship last summer, he scuttled it by leaving us with a defence that simply wasn't fit for purpose. Thanks for McGinn though Steve.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #4435 on: July 31, 2019, 09:50:24 PM »

He really didn't steady the ship last summer, he scuttled it by leaving us with a defence that simply wasn't fit for purpose. Thanks for McGinn though Steve.

And scuttled James Chester as a result. Cheers boss.

Online KRS

« Reply #4436 on: July 31, 2019, 09:59:21 PM »
Bounce?! What fuckin bounce? I’ve seen a dead cat more lively than the clusterfuck of a team he managed to leave us with.

The contrast between Bruce and Smith couldn’t be any greater...just look at how Smith had the very same team players passing, moving and actually playing football pretty much immediately. Things only got derailed due to an injury to Jack, and Smith addressed as many of the blatant issues as he could in the January window.

There’s a very good chance we’d have bounced all the way into relegation if Bruce hadn’t been given the bullet.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #4437 on: July 31, 2019, 10:18:37 PM »
Bruce failed.  He spent a shitload, loaned a shitload.  Failed.  Dean tactivated the team and got us a defence, resulting in us going up.  I am sure everyone in the world would rather do what Dean did, than what Bruce did.  End of.

Tactivated, I'm claiming it! Activated tactics.

Offline Rodders

• GM : 30.08.2024
« Reply #4438 on: July 31, 2019, 11:06:14 PM »

"Scott" McGinn as Tattie Heed once referred to him.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #4439 on: July 31, 2019, 11:55:04 PM »
Bruce failed.  He spent a shitload, loaned a shitload.  Failed.  Dean tactivated the team and got us a defence, resulting in us going up.  I am sure everyone in the world would rather do what Dean did, than what Bruce did.  End of.

Tactivated, I'm claiming it! Activated tactics.

I liked it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal