collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1554676 times)

Offline Fred Crump

Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #3990 on: March 03, 2019, 09:27:50 AM »
I'm hoping Stuart isn't too upset. He's not been on following the devastating blow of us winning and I'm just worried something terrible has happened. I've not read of any bridges collapsing.

Don’t worry Ads, when he gets over his disappointment he’ll conclude that the win was just a blip, nothing to do with Smith, Hourihane was a Bruce signing and we were back to normal when we failed to score in the second half. Smith is just a fan out of his depth, he’ll be sacked when Brucie’s Wednesday tonk us in a few weeks time, heralding the second coming of the Holy Potato. Or something like that ....

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #3991 on: March 03, 2019, 09:43:12 AM »
I always thought that Bruce Rioch was quite influential for us in the short time he was with us.  He had a great passing range, high energy and work rate, could put a tackle in and what a shot!  I recall he got a lengthy ban, about six weeks, for what I can't remember, but we struggled for the time he was out.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3992 on: March 03, 2019, 10:09:55 AM »
No way SJM should benched for Sunday, we need his energy and combativeness. Stories today of him being Rodger's Number 1 target for the summer!

Smiffy's a massive fan of him so I reckon he'll put him back in.

As for the stories about him, that was bound to happen at some point now Rodgers has gone to Leicester. A mixture of possibly being true and lazy journalism.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #3993 on: March 03, 2019, 10:27:30 AM »
No way SJM should benched for Sunday, we need his energy and combativeness. Stories today of him being Rodger's Number 1 target for the summer!

As for the stories about him, that was bound to happen at some point now Rodgers has gone to Leicester. A mixture of possibly being true and lazy journalism.

Who do you leave out though? Hourihane scored two, Whelan was man of the match for me and Grealish is the best player in the division. I’d put him on the bench as a warning to the others that they need to maintain that level of performance in order to keep their places.

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #3994 on: March 03, 2019, 10:36:47 AM »

Who do you leave out though? Hourihane scored two, Whelan was man of the match for me and Grealish is the best player in the division. I’d put him on the bench as a warning to the others that they need to maintain that level of performance in order to keep their places.
Completely agree.

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #3995 on: March 03, 2019, 10:47:29 AM »
The obvious thing to do is to assume the Nose game will be hackery, low on quality and high on energy. McGinn's workrate and his understandable intention to come straight back would probably see him better suited to a game like that. But I'd like to see that classy midfield performance at the Sty - they couldn't live with it, so I wouldn't break it up.

I realise that makes McGinn sound like a clogger, which he isn't at all. I'd still expect him in the side at St Andrews because Smith isn't naive.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #3996 on: March 03, 2019, 11:04:25 AM »

Completely agree.

I’d play my best team

so that means McGinn is in with Grealish at the expense of any other midfield player you care to mention

Online Richard

• GM : 08.06.2024
« Reply #3997 on: March 03, 2019, 11:08:46 AM »
They're poor in midfield so play Whelan just behind Jack Conor and SJM with Tammy and El Ghazi floating around up front.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #3998 on: March 06, 2019, 09:05:43 PM »
BREAKING NEWS
Stuart has been found alive, well and defending Steve Bruce. Call off the search.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #3999 on: March 06, 2019, 09:39:57 PM »
BREAKING NEWS
Stuart has been found alive in Sheffield , well and defending Steve Bruce. Call off the search.

Offline colin69

« Reply #4000 on: March 06, 2019, 09:56:01 PM »

Completely agree.

So do I

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #4001 on: March 06, 2019, 10:16:36 PM »
I just hope that Smith doesn’t try and accommodate both Whelan and McGinn. We need the attacking threat so stick with what works. If anything I would bring in Green or Kodjia for Adomah to go with McGinn for Whelan and Taylor for Elphick, Hause moving to CB.

Online SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #4002 on: March 06, 2019, 10:20:25 PM »

Adomah.

Online Allan C

« Reply #4003 on: March 07, 2019, 06:33:22 PM »

Completely agree.

So do I
Absolutely 100% agree with this. I’d drop Whelan given the choice

Offline TB

• GM : 08.06.2024
« Reply #4004 on: March 07, 2019, 06:38:46 PM »

Completely agree.

So do I
Absolutely 100% agree with this. I’d drop Whelan given the choice

Huh?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal