collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1546804 times)

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #3015 on: February 10, 2019, 12:50:15 AM »
I don't think McGinn is going anywhere.

If we can hold on to Grealish and get a proper left back I think we'll play a 4231 with Grealish on the left of the 3 and tucked in so he can go inside or out, I suspect we'll pick up someone to do the same on the other side and then have Green to cover them both (and I'd push RHM into a similar role because I think he's very good at going through the channel between the full back and centre back and getting shots away across the keeper).

I think he likes McGinn playing further forward because his work rate putting pressure on the defensive midfielder and centre backs could be really effective.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #3016 on: February 10, 2019, 01:13:24 AM »
A league table based on the games we’ve played since he joined has us in 10th. Not at all good enough. Given our upcoming run I don’t think that will improve any time soon.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #3017 on: February 10, 2019, 05:44:11 AM »
A league table based on the games we’ve played since he joined has us in 10th. Not at all good enough. Given our upcoming run I don’t think that will improve any time soon.

I agree. Smith, nor the players have been good enough overall.

Some players need to hang their heads in embarrassment for the way they've attempted to play football.

I look forward to seeing the back of pretty much all the starting eleven, with the exception of a few.

Defence has been shocking all year, midfield either lightweight or pedestrian, strikers...well, apart from Abraham nobody else has really contributed.

Player of the season so far-Grealish...and he has been injured for what, two months?

Special mentions for Abraham, McGinn and Tuanzebe.

Happy to see Green back, and think Chester needs a rest before looking better when he plays alongside Mings. Think Kalinic and Nyland will be a decent one and two in the goalkeeping positions.

The rest-crap.

Much to improve and hope Smith sorts the whole damn place out this summer.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 05:47:23 AM by Axl Rose »

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #3018 on: February 10, 2019, 06:26:47 AM »
Don't think mcginn will go. Grealish may tho like others I'm not sure who the buyer will be

When both fit surely Smith will play the 433 he played at Brentford and which we had our best form all season, with the two of them as number 8s

Dont think grealish will play wide. Current form shows we desperately need his creativity in the middle

The big challenge this summer will be getting a whole new front three. Probably on a relative shoe string

We may actually be better off selling grealish to help fund squad building, even if none of us want that

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #3019 on: February 10, 2019, 07:11:31 AM »
The critical positions remain LB and a dynamic holding MF.
The best thing about this summer will be the disposal of several out-of-contract old timers

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #3020 on: February 10, 2019, 07:45:10 AM »
I don't think SJM will go but I can understand why some people think he will.

You can't tell me Ashley Westwood is better than him, for example. 

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #3021 on: February 10, 2019, 09:08:04 AM »
Massive summer ahead  a catharsis if ever there was one.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #3022 on: February 10, 2019, 09:11:17 AM »
I think there might be interested parties for mcginn

I just think we'll take a tough position especially if grealish goes

I think the critical position is the attack. Abraham is the only one really doing it and he won't be here. Replacing an entire front three is going to be a tough ask

Lolley Maupay and Bowen would be amazing. But surely only a possibility if grealish goes and even then a stretch

I know we only want loans to buy. But faced with the cold reality of another season of adomah and el ghazi, or a harry Wilson type. Well I can see us going down the latter route

Offline Risso

« Reply #3023 on: February 10, 2019, 09:45:10 AM »
There will be loads of clubs in for Jack and SJM. And with the miniscule fee we paid for the latter, if we get say £50m for them both, that’s practically all profit.

Offline Risso

« Reply #3024 on: February 10, 2019, 09:45:55 AM »
I think there might be interested parties for mcginn

I just think we'll take a tough position especially if grealish goes

I think the critical position is the attack. Abraham is the only one really doing it and he won't be here. Replacing an entire front three is going to be a tough ask

Lolley Maupay and Bowen would be amazing. But surely only a possibility if grealish goes and even then a stretch

I know we only want loans to buy. But faced with the cold reality of another season of adomah and el ghazi, or a harry Wilson type. Well I can see us going down the latter route

Lolley has just signed a big new contract at Forest.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #3025 on: February 10, 2019, 10:03:11 AM »
so has Grealish, but it probably won't stop him leaving, it just means someone will pay for Lolly for Lolley

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3026 on: February 10, 2019, 10:13:18 AM »
Grealish may possibly want to move on but McGinn seems the type who'd want to stick around for a bit and try and get us back up.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #3027 on: February 10, 2019, 10:24:37 AM »
Grealish may possibly want to move on but McGinn seems the type who'd want to stick around for a bit and try and get us back up.

depends who if anyone comes in for him

If someone decent comes in and offers to quadruple his wages I’m not sure helping us get out of the championship will seem so attractive

Online walsall villain

« Reply #3028 on: February 10, 2019, 10:35:47 AM »

depends who if anyone comes in for him

If someone decent comes in and offers to quadruple his wages I’m not sure helping us get out of the championship will seem so attractive
After a recent game our mate Franksy said on WM that ‘Mcginn and Grealish will go in the summer if Villa don’t go up, fact’. So I’m totally confident neither will be leaving.

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #3029 on: February 10, 2019, 10:37:44 AM »

Using what logic?

McGinn joined us over Celtic last summer for money.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal