collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1546392 times)

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #1545 on: December 23, 2018, 07:20:20 PM »
What worries me about today is how good we made Leeds look. I know Bielsa is no mug but they’ve been struggling and grinding out results lately. Yet we let them run riot in the last half an hour. Players were at fault, sure, but the tactics and substitutions felt a little bit Tim Sherwood.

Online SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1546 on: December 23, 2018, 07:20:23 PM »
Whelan was better than Hourihane. Not great but he can at least read a game and got back to stop a few of their attacks.

Apart from the odd goal, CH offers little in the general flow of a match. Disappointing as he was very much the heartbeat in midfield at Barnsley. Pretty much played the McGinn role there.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #1547 on: December 23, 2018, 07:22:05 PM »
And Hourihane getting stick because all he does is score goals!

He got double figures last season as a central midfielder. We've had plenty of seasons recently where our strikers haven't managed that and people are moaning that he's not doing more.

Christ!

Online SoccerHQ

« Reply #1548 on: December 23, 2018, 07:31:13 PM »
And Hourihane getting stick because all he does is score goals!

He got double figures last season as a central midfielder. We've had plenty of seasons recently where our strikers haven't managed that and people are moaning that he's not doing more.

Christ!

I know I know but Sidwell used to chip in with goals but didn't take much to see he offered way less than Petrov, Barry and even NRC. I agree Hourihane's goals can be useful but play Bjarni in his position and he probably would get close to double figures.

We need better and DS knows better. New signing to circulate the ball better infront of the back 4 with McGinn and Grealish infront is way to go.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1549 on: December 23, 2018, 07:37:36 PM »
but play Bjarni in his position and he probably would get close to double figures.

Really disagree with that.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #1550 on: December 23, 2018, 07:41:35 PM »
So do I.  Bjarnasson's product in the penalty area is wild and ragged.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1551 on: December 23, 2018, 07:42:47 PM »
It probably didn't help matters that at the last minute AT gets fucked too. I'm not saying for a second that Dean Smith doesn't have to take a look at his tactics and maybe not play such an expansive game, but fuck me he's been dealt an awful hand that has only got worse with injuries to our key players as well as mind blowing basic errors by established pros.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1552 on: December 23, 2018, 07:44:44 PM »
It probably didn't help matters that at the last minute AT gets fucked too. I'm not saying for a second that Dean Smith doesn't have to take a look at his tactics and maybe not play such an expansive game, but fuck me he's been dealt an awful hand that has only got worse with injuries to our key players as well as mind blowing basic errors by established pros.

That's a fair point, but the established pros make the same mistakes every single game.  Bielsa isn't scared to play their kids, and he's just won 6 games in a row.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1553 on: December 23, 2018, 07:46:16 PM »

That's a fair point, but the established pros make the same mistakes every single game.  Bielsa isn't scared to play their kids, and he's just won 6 games in a row.

I just responded to your kids comment in the post match thread. I agree entirely.

Offline brian green

« Reply #1554 on: December 23, 2018, 08:08:57 PM »
I agree wholeheartedly Martin.  How many times have we seen lazy, slovenly, Bodymoor Heath warm up, stubbed passes by our oldest seasoned pros?  Time and time again.  They do not concentrate or take their own performance seriously enough.  They play in their own private comfort zones.  One big reason is because they feel no pressure for their places.

Online SoccerHQ

« Reply #1555 on: December 23, 2018, 08:16:18 PM »
So do I.  Bjarnasson's product in the penalty area is wild and ragged.

He does chip in with goals. Last minute winner v Wigan and also scored at Bristol. Obviously not a week in week out starter like Hourihane.

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #1556 on: December 23, 2018, 08:23:12 PM »
When Dean was appointed the general consensus was there would be bumps in the road until he could get a transfer window to at least redress some of Bruce's negligence in respect of our defence. 

It was also thought that the run of fixtures in December was a challenge.

So it came to pass that our defence fucked up and we lost to the team that now head the division. 

I'm not going to let one result spoil my Christmas or the fact that we have a manager that is setting us on the right path.  If not this season, then next we are going to tear this league apart under his management.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #1557 on: December 23, 2018, 08:27:30 PM »
He's the right man with a lot of work ahead getting shot of  average championship/Div 1 players.

Offline brian green

« Reply #1558 on: December 23, 2018, 08:27:56 PM »
After today I would settle for getting into the Premiership within the next three years by penalties or goal difference.  This tear teams apart is becoming too much of a wet dream.

Online SoccerHQ

« Reply #1559 on: December 23, 2018, 08:36:19 PM »
Most of Leeds team are established players. That Clarke kid is obviously their Grealish stand out talent. Davis only came in because Barry Douglas was ill in the warm up.

We did play Bree who only just turned 20 when SB would've put Jedinak in there.

Likes of O'Hare need loans and then we can properly judge how close they are as tbh under 23 football friendlies simply dosen't cut it as a breeding ground in the modern game.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal