collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Dean Smith - Confirmed  (Read 1541808 times)

Offline Rory

• GM : PCM
Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed
« Reply #15345 on: November 01, 2021, 09:01:32 PM »
Who cares that they exist.

A small area of South Staffordshire/North Worcestershire, the scientific name of which is, I believe, the Mustard Haemorrhoid.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #15346 on: November 01, 2021, 09:06:03 PM »
We've now got wolves singing mind the gap aston villa as they put a 2nd past Everton.

They looks worlds apart from us.

We need to make a change and fast

I'd give up posting on messageboards if I were you. They're making you too depressed.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #15347 on: November 01, 2021, 09:38:47 PM »
With 2 defensive minded midfielders you can play 4 in front, like west ham do and england should. Also gives you massive flexibility to change shape 4231 - 433 - 4141

Its a glaring gap in our squad and i would have rather one of those than ings.

Think Soucek is the key to West Ham's flexibility in midfield.  Rice plays as a holding midfielder and Soucek either plays alongside him or can push up further if required.  They are probably the best central midfield partnership outside the top three teams.

Yet Luiz and Conor Hourihane, yes Hourihane...outplayed them at West Ham last season. Not sure how we didn't win that night.

Offline The_ads

« Reply #15348 on: November 01, 2021, 11:51:56 PM »
Our midfield was worse yesterday than against Rotherham away 2.5 years ago.  Since then we’ve spent £200m and it’s regressed. It was obvious to the entire Villa fan base we needed more in there to stop teams walking through us. Times yesterday was an utter embarrassment

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #15349 on: November 02, 2021, 12:12:23 AM »
We've now got wolves singing mind the gap aston villa as they put a 2nd past Everton.

I'd give up posting on messageboards if I were you. They're making you too depressed.

It's the late nights and overthinking that are doing it now. Different names whizzing around in my head of who could come in to get us out of this mess, then I start feeling sorry for Dean Smith and thinking of how sad it will be to see him go

Absolute nightmare
« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 12:17:25 AM by Flin5tone »

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #15350 on: November 02, 2021, 12:31:23 AM »
Our midfield was worse yesterday than against Rotherham away 2.5 years ago.  Since then we’ve spent £200m and it’s regressed. It was obvious to the entire Villa fan base we needed more in there to stop teams walking through us. Times yesterday was an utter embarrassment

Look back at my comments in the summer on not buying a CM. Said it would be the sword dean falls on and now we are where are

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #15351 on: November 02, 2021, 12:34:46 AM »

It's the late nights and overthinking that are doing it now. Different names whizzing around in my head of who could come in to get us out of this mess, then I start feeling sorry for Dean Smith and thinking of how sad it will be to see him go

Absolute nightmare

Now you know how we all felt when you resigned.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #15352 on: November 02, 2021, 01:35:42 AM »

Absolute nightmare

Now you know how we all felt when you resigned.

Remember when we got that Zoom call together and sang Candle in the Wind? There wasn't a dry eye in the saline solution department of Boots.

Offline tony scott

• GM : 31.05.2020
« Reply #15353 on: November 02, 2021, 02:18:35 AM »
I wonder with our vast array of coaches why we can’t find someone in the squad to effectively play dm I wonder if we could possibly convert Keinan Davis he’s physical enough and he can pass a ball

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #15354 on: November 02, 2021, 06:09:04 AM »
I wonder with our vast array of coaches why we can’t find someone in the squad to effectively play dm I wonder if we could possibly convert Keinan Davis he’s physical enough and he can pass a ball

I would have rather he played tuanzebe there than Ashley young. One of the worst subs and ideas ive seen in years playing young there.

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #15355 on: November 02, 2021, 07:54:29 AM »

I would have rather he played tuanzebe there than Ashley young. One of the worst subs and ideas ive seen in years playing young there.

I'm not one clamouring for Deano to go, but this moment suggested to me for the first time maybe he is feeling the pressure and has lost it.  It was a crazy sub, surely the size and energy of Chuck would have been more appropriate.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #15356 on: November 02, 2021, 08:13:21 AM »
Chuck would have got the crowd up too. Young playing I have no issue with, but for the utterly out of form Targett. I find it odd that we went 3-5-2 and didn't play Young left wing back at all. His best position.

Offline The_ads

« Reply #15357 on: November 02, 2021, 08:29:33 AM »

I can think of 1874 reasons why that’s a bad idea, the main one being Keinan Davis is made of crisps

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #15358 on: November 02, 2021, 08:30:50 AM »
The introduction of Young makes perfect sense if you want some decent dead ball delivery and your ethos is to win games via set pieces and long balls as it appears is the case lately.

It makes no sense whatsoever when viewed from our previous approach, in terms of energy, pressing and passing and a mobile, creative midfield.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #15359 on: November 02, 2021, 08:49:23 AM »
Smiths face when Ramsey got injured was indicative of where we we are, he clearly mouthed fck me what else. Another midfielder down and Sanson not getting game time aboslutely does my brain in.
It was bad timing to be making an example out of Sanson for his outburst.  But a lot of these problems are self made.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal